Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, the sound sucks on all the channels I'm able to get this on tonight. All warbly.

Oldwage has so many clauses and sub clauses in each sentence, it's hard to keep track of what he's saying.

Think he just asked about the contradiction of 'vulnerable' Oscar approaching danger.

Prof says it is 'consistent' and quotes the flipping mother/polar bear example again.

Oldwage has so many clauses and sub clauses in each sentence, it's hard to keep track of what he's saying.

Think he just asked about the contradiction of 'vulnerable' Oscar approaching danger.

Prof says it is 'consistent' and quotes the flipping mother/polar bear example again.

Yes, but I bet the mother didn't mistake her children for an imaginary polar bear and kill them instead.

Wonder if Nel is going to ask the prof what emotions a person feels when he approaches the danger during a fight response. The answer is anger and aggression. But OP always talked about how terrified he was. Never mentioned anger.

If you feel a flight response the adrenaline will make you run very fast. It actually helps you do superhuman things. I am...uhm, let's call it curvy, but I once jumped a six foot gate running away from a goat.

O;why not flee at the time of a perceived threat?

D; fleeing is not an option, as ind. has no lower legs, so fleeing is not a viable option...

Fleeing in not an option but picking up a loaded gun and shooting into a locked bathroom is.

D: (asked about OP approaching danger) talks about 'new brain' and 'executive functioning' and how that isn't working during F and F. it's the primitive brain

D: ...fleeing in this case isn't an option. The individual has no lower legs...

So one one hand he seems to be saying OP's brain wouldn't let him flee, on the other hand, it's his lack of lower limbs.

Onto genetics now.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 16s

#OscarTrial Derman: in this context, fleeing is not an option. The accused has no lower legs. The option is to fight. BB

Oh for goodness sake .. yet again they are discussing this case in terms of OP perceiving there to have been an intruder as a done deal. Flight or fight is only applicable if that actually was the situation, it is NOT applicable if he knowingly and intentionally killed Reeva!

O is trying to bring into an article send by mail to the witness, last night....

[ why do they do everything on the fly?]

I feel like I could explain this so much better than the doctor lol

Prof D now talking about Harvard paper on 'the developing child'.

Barry Bateman
‏@barrybateman #OscarTrial Derman: now refers to an article from Harvard University which was sent to him overnight. BB

D: (reads) The brain is particularly responsive to experiences during early childhood.....powerful in shaping brain architecture....

I do not know what this has to do with 'evidence' in the murder trial of a grown man...

So he couldnt help himself because of his childhood experiences? CAN't EVERYONE use this excuse ?

This is only relevant if there is some evidence OP's brain has been changed by some childhood experience, surely?

This is getting on my last nerve.

No, OP said he heard the toilet door SLAM shut, not close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan