Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a round-up program on Sky News every day after the trial and now and then they have this South African lawyer on it. He's nothing like Booth or any of the other experts who comment on the trial, he's quite blunt: OP is guilty. And it's hilarious how much this perturbs the broadcaster who has to allow a bit of mystery, objectivity and discussion on the show.

On one of the first days commentary, he was asked what he would do if he were the defence and his reply was: I would have pleaded guilty to begin with, shown remorse and hoped for a lenient sentence. The last time he was on he was literally laughing at the absurdity of the latest witnesses and attempt to bring in general 'disability means likely to murder' scenarios.

It was from him that I got the 'verdict must have been reached a long time ago' I mentioned in a previous post as he said those words verbatim.

Don't underestimate the need of media, experts and commentators to pretend there's a mystery on what this verdict will be just to keep ratings high.

It's a pretty open-shut case for us all and has been said as such by experts brave enough in the media.

Unable to find it with that search string. Still looking though :tantrum: ;)

I sent you the link via PM. If anyone else has difficulty using the title for the search, try using the name of the person or business instead; enter a search for Darkstormerproductions in the search box, you will see it.

I sent you the link via PM. If anyone else has difficulty using the title for the search, try using the name of the person or business instead; enter a search for Darkstormerproductions in the search box, you will see it.

I couldn't see it with a normal search but I downloaded Hola yesterday and tried it out with your video and I can now access Oz blocked stuff. The video itself is coming up with an error message but when I move the cursor over time bar I can see images from the programme.

I hate to do this, but I just need to point out that after having watched that piece of Pistorius propaganda, I learned something new that is confusing with regards to blood found on the staircase walls. It now appears most likely that OP is claiming that he carried Reeva down the stairs with her head facing away from the wall, her feet facing the wall, and her nearly severed arm pressed against his chest. Anyone care to explain how her body shot arterial spatter over the upstairs railing and on to the opposite walls?

Different subject. The video did show a photo of Reeva lying at the bottom of the stairs. With a sad feeling for doing this, I'm attaching an iPhone screen shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 129
Oh my, I found the full video on YouTube. And since I love you all so much I will tell you how to find it. :smile: Go to YouTube and search for the title:

Oscar reenactment video broadcast - Sunday night 2014 07 06

Perhaps you should hurry though, in case the Pistorii have it pulled down! LOL!!!

Thanks ! Worked for me. I was fortunate to see Part 1 through Part 4 last night/morning on Youtube but Part 4 ended at a commercial. Got to see the last part thanks to your link !

(I'm in US.)

It is sad but thanks for showing it as it brought it home again just who the real victim is. Most of OP's defence turned into a pity party and took the focus nearly completely off Reeva.

:happydance:
Just wanted to let all our excellent WS Trial Court Reporters know how very much I enjoyed their commentary (and bits of humor) from this morning. Though I wasn't awake early enough to read in "real time," I find that following it later in the day still has that same feeling of suspense you get from reading in "real time.":loveyou:

Yes search this exactly on YouTube search bar (huge thanks to Viper!):

Oscar reenactment video broadcast - Sunday night 2014 07 06

I am watching it right now in Canada.

Did they mention the video at any time during today's court? Thank you !!

Edited to add after googling. Found this headline: Oscar Pistorius Prosecutors Ignore Leaked Video. So guess that answers me question. :)

Good article and it looks like an appeal is inevitable according to that.

I find it infuriating that it seems to be a done deal that if convicted, he gets to spin this out even longer, still living in the lap of luxury. If found guilty, there should be no bail, he should be sent to prison immediately.

They never mentioned it but Nel got a few things in that made it clear he knows exactly what's on it and Prof Derman also seems to know what's on it too. The only one I can remember now was Nel asking him if he'd ever seen OP walking backwards.

Wow. I just watched the whole show.

There are big problems compared to OP's version in court.

I'll have to post later with more detail and go over the video to get it exactly right.

Haven't watched it yet, not for the lack of link, but for the sheer dread it's going to be pure OP propaganda. If anyone has the time or required effort, do list the discrepancies with video version and court version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member