Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roux claims Darrins speed was 250 klms an hour.

Judge interrupts.. soft voice.. cant hear

R: 'What was the exact speed you were doing that day? 260? That's something you shoukd remember?

D: I don't.

Judge says hold on. Something wrong with 'the machine. 10 min break.

10 min break..some machine malfunction.

heh... riveting.. ..

Just hearing on whoop, D won't be prosecuted over Tasha incident provided he is truthful in testimony at this trial?

Did anyone notice how Sam's version of sunroof shoot had D involved and laughing, while D's own testimony suggests it was as much of a shock to him as to Sam?

I put it to you that 250kph = 155.34mph on an american speedometer. Good thing a cow didn't cross the road.

Did anyone notice how Sam's version of sunroof shoot had D involved and laughing, while D's own testimony suggests it was as much of a shock to him as to Sam?

Yes. I noted the discrepancy but deleted my post because I wasn't watching live and could have been wrong.

He says he was shocked. Sam says he was laughing (I thought Sam said she was laughing too?)

I suggested the comments he made were through a nervous laughter or something like that.

Thanks for reminding me. I tend to believe Sam - in part, because of the tweet below - I feel much the same. They were acting like schoolboys. Schoolboys shouldn't have access to potentially lethal toys, imo.
(And note, most schoolboys I know (son is 12) possess a greater degree of maturity than these 'men' exhibited.)

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 2m
#OscarTrial provides embarrassing account of OP and friends lifestyle - breaking speed limits, reckless use of guns and no regard for law

I am in Germany where some roads have no speed limit, but that speed is pushing it, even for here.

Roux's 'modus operandi' is to talk down to the witnesses, and try and taint their credibility by showing what they left out of their police statement and what they misremembered. But I think as time goes on, it will lose some of it's power. Not all of the witnesses can be painted as irresponsible and dishonest. At some point, the amount of testimony will outweigh the holes he is trying to poke.

So far...great evidence of OP's reckless, impulsive nature. Which seems good for the defence, to be honest. Evidence of others' willingness to lie for him, but not much proof of OP's willingness to lie either........

I m happy to report no vomiting incidences so far..Oscar has his glasses on. just stony faced, still, writes a bit on a legal pad...

two witnesses to what happened in that house that night. one is in the dock, one is dead. we will only ever have Oscars version of the actual events that led to the conclusion.

Nearly lunchtime. I think they may break until after that.

Roux's 'modus operandi' is to talk down to the witnesses, and try and taint their credibility by showing what they left out of their police statement and what they misremembered. But I think as time goes on, it will lose some of it's power. Not all of the witnesses can be painted as irresponsible and dishonest. At some point, the amount of testimony will outweigh the holes he is trying to poke.

I've noticed how he does the professor look when he puts his glasses on the end of his nose and glares over the top of the lenses at the witness while asking questions.

So far...great evidence of OP's reckless, impulsive nature. Which seems good for the defence, to be honest. Evidence of others' willingness to lie for him, but not much proof of OP's willingness to lie either........

I was mesmerized by the picture of Oscar.. he isn't the driver, it isn't even his car, he is a passenger, he gets out while Darrin is being questioned by the speed trap officers and inserts himself with aggression RIGHT into the situation with the police that Darrin is trying to handle..

what a pal, ey?? just the kind of looney you want on a drive .. and for why?? Oscar was in a hurry.

back to it.. Roux has to repeat some questions due to recording difficulties.

the high speed matter..

Roux had set a speed, .Darrin cant remember.. Darrin says.. how can I deny it if I cant remember>> ?? reasonable answer, I guess

darrins speeding fines.. what this has to do with Oscars slaughtering mind set escapes me, but..

Roux now questioning about the second lot of police who arrive, the chasers...

Darrin.. initially.. stopped for the number plates.. leaving to come back from the Vaal river .

2nd stop.. stop for speeding..

the 2nd time, stopped for speeding, is when the police touched Oscars weapon.

at the 2nd stop... the chasers .. who probably had notified the waiting police who nabbed him as they do. turned up while the argy bargy Oscar was engaged in with the police.. no business of his, but he has to put his oar in.. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487