Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R: State said OP needed to be in bthroom and forgot....may I read bail application statement?

'During early morn I woke up, went out on balc and brought the fans in and closed the sliding door and curtains. Then I heard a noise..'

R: He heard that noise after he had closed the curtains....It's unfair.

R: According to Botha, duvet was on bed when he arrived. Did state call Botha? No. It just stays there.

Why is he whining that the State didn't call Botha? Roux could have called him for the defense if it was that important.

R: Mr Nel said (sigh) that OP wanted to create time. How long does it take to put a second fan down? Cple of seconds? It cannot be....

According to the Whatsapps they were looking for different accommodation, not setting up home together, so hardly likely to be getting married any time soon.

On a different point - as OP has admitted he lied under oath about the gun at the restaurant he has created a precedent that none of his testimony can be believed. He is a self admitted liar. Anything he has said must now be viewed as possibly untrue.

Para 1 - yup, that's what I understood, too.

Para 2 - Roux has really dropped OP in it by putting this forward (unless OP suggested it), once it the 'not guilty' plea had been put forward and once OP had stood in that stand, and lied about it under oath, then they should've stuck with it. Absolutely, he is a self admitted liar and none of the rest of what he has said on the stand can be taken as the truth (not that many of us ever thought it was, but the court cannot accept it as the truth now).

Roux talking about OP delaying time after bringing in fans etc. Poor OP, he was criticized!! OP suffered from a severe depression in that witness box. Roux saying, don't criticize him for that.

R: this man suffers from a severe depression in witness box. Not my opinion, experts. So you have to believe him when he says he can't recollect propery milady.

R: State said OP needed to be in bthroom and forgot....may I read bail application statement?

'During early morn I woke up, went out on balc and brought the fans in and closed the sliding door and curtains. Then I heard a noise..'

R: He heard that noise after he had closed the curtains....It's unfair.

After he's been out on to the balcony that he never went out on to, and anyone who says he did is a liar? That balcony?

Yes, it's soooo unfair :rolleyes:

Roux goes back to duvet evidence. He's going to turn Nel's baker's dozen into 24......

R: We know there was light thru the balcony curtains....the pitch black OP referred to was after he closed them. It is unfair (for Nel) to combine the two.

Roux says OP woke up, the fans were the focus, the blue light only bothered him while he was up.

What???!!!!

Roux says it's not a contradiction that OP ignored the blue light while curtains open, only focused on it when curtains closed.

ONE: Pistorius had confidently stated that he had no idea what a “zombie stopper” was. He then said he could not recall having heard the word. Confronted with video evidence, he conceded having used the term himself.

TWO: After realising that he needed to be in the bedroom for his version to hold true, Pistorius changed his original statement that he was on the balcony when he first heard the alleged intruder and then later blamed his lawyer Barry Roux for the mistake.

THREE: Confronted by the need to create time for Steenkamp to have got out of bed and gone to the toilet without him noticing her, Pistorius “created another fan”. But he had then been unable to show where this fan would have been plugged in when confronted with the fact that there were no available sockets that could have been used.

“This is so impossible that it’s a clear indication of mendacity and deceitfulness,” Nel said.

FOUR: Pistorius claimed that he moved the fans to the bottom of the bed. But this could not be true because the duvet was lying on the floor at the foot of the bed. If this was what the defence version was, then Pistorius’s counsel should have challenged the evidence of police witnesses who testified that the scene had been photographed undisturbed.

“No reason for this was advanced,” Nel stated, adding that the only inference to be drawn was evidence tailoring.

FIVE: Pistorius’s contention that the fans were at the base of the bed meant that he now had to say where the duvet would have been – and he claimed that it had been on the bed, but he could not remember where on the bed.

“Saying the duvet was not on the floor is not a version. It’s a knee jerk reaction to a version that was already improbable,” Nel said.

SIX: Blood spatter on the carpet and duvet show that police could not have tampered with the scene.

“Unless he is saying that the police moved the curtains, fans and other evidence with astounding foresight without knowing what the accused’s version would be. It is an incomprehensible, inexplicable conspiracy theory. Only reasonable inference is that accused tailored a version as he continued with his evidence. If it was his version from the start, his counsel would have dealt with this.”

SEVEN: Failure to deal with the duvet then led to Pistorius contradicting himself on when he last saw Steenkamp.

EIGHT: Pistorius said he never saw Steenkamp going to the toilet.

“But the court will have no option but to accept that the accused knew the deceased was in the toilet and he fired to kill her.”

NINE: Pistorius’s claims that he picked up Steenkamp’s jeans in order to cover the blue light on his amplifier was concocted to explain why he had his back to the bed at all time.

TEN: A further “domino effect” of Pistorius’s attempts to buy time meant that the jeans that were in his hand then landed on top of the duvet which he had claimed had never been on the floor.

“We say this is an aspect that the accused cannot explain. When confronted, his real attitude came forward when he chose not to answer and referred to police picking up his gun and moving the cricket bat a tiny bit. Why did the defence not deal with this if they felt a major manipulation had occurred?”

ELEVEN: During the trial, Pistorius introduced a middle-of-the-night conversation with Steenkamp which he had never mentioned in earlier statements. He then failed to speak to Steenkamp after allegedly hearing a noise. This was improbable behavior in light of the fact that every witness testified to having engaged with their partners after hearing noises in the night.

TWELVE: Pistorius originally claimed to having whispered to Steenkamp. But after realising this implied closeness, he changed his version to say he spoke in a soft manner.

THIRTEEN: While Pistorius had remembered many details and sequences, he had no recollection at all of having switched off his alarm – making it likely that the alarm had never been switched on as he had claimed. He had also kept his cellphone with him at all times and even plugged it into the charger in the kitchen sometime before he carried Steenkamp’s body down the stairs."

http://www.enca.com/oscar-trial-13-big-inconsistencies

R: The bail affidavit is a shortened version. My client wanted to give his full version, but was given legal advice not to.

Surely this is not the time to bring up all this information in such minute detail. Roux should have properly challenged it during the trial. It seems somewhat sneaky and desperate to me if Roux knew all along that Nel cannot challenge this during his rebuttal. Maybe Nel can reopen the case if this is possible.

R: How can state say all cples woke their partners that night? It was only the Stipps.

Roux says not worth long argument about whisper or soft talking. lol

Roux: Whisper and soft tone; If that's a baker's dozen, I don't want to eat those cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab