Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies .. I've just deleted my posts as I think I may have misunderstood .. that'll teach me to read the comments at the side of the YouTube feed!

I just got the matches between my eyelids. :bateyes:

Who's gonna help me get them out?
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
I told you guys I needed to go to sleep. Now I'm just. :silly:

:eek:fftobed:

Long wait now.

What was that about Fresco? Is the judge deciding if she will find him guilty of some crime, and possibly sentence him when OP is?
My understanding is the judge has the final say as to whether Fresco receives 'immunity' from possible prosecution for firearms offences in exchange for truthful testimony. She can't unilaterally determine his innocence or guilt on any such charges without a trial though.

Nel argues, and rightly so, that Fresco should have the opportunity to address the court himself before she makes a determination.

Para 1 - yup, that's what I understood, too.

Para 2 - Roux has really dropped OP in it by putting this forward (unless OP suggested it), once it the 'not guilty' plea had been put forward and once OP had stood in that stand, and lied about it under oath, then they should've stuck with it. Absolutely, he is a self admitted liar and none of the rest of what he has said on the stand can be taken as the truth (not that many of us ever thought it was, but the court cannot accept it as the truth now).

Courts will commonly give a lesser sentence to an accused who admits guilt. Court time and expense is worth quite a lot of brownie points. Masipa should take a very dim view that he pleaded not guilty, lied, and at the 11th hour admitted guilt.

Did I miss the reason Fresco might be in trouble with the court. Surely anything he said is just his word against OP's, or is there more?

I just got the matches between my eyelids. :bateyes:

Who's gonna help me get them out?
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
I told you guys I needed to go to sleep. Now I'm just. :silly:

:eek:fftobed:

:pillowfight2:

Well. Don't know about anyone else, but I can't read Judge Masipa. I don't know what she will decide.

At times she seemed very concerned about OP and his breakdowns. But then I recall her pulling him up once, saying he must say if he felt too tired to answer.

And she has asked questions of both Roux and Nel. Maybe reprimanded Nel a few more times than Roux. But shown a few tiny signs of impatience with Roux.

Well I missed everything.Been sick with a bad cold for a week.Will have to watch reruns of closing arguments.:(

Kai Feldhaus ✔ @KaiFeldhaus

Tolles Plädoyer von Roux. Umfangreich, detailliert, emotional, führt es zum Höhepunkt: der Forderung eines Freispruchs für #OscarPistorius.

Gret plea from Roux. Extensive, detailed, emotional, it leads to the high point: to request an acquittal for #OscarPistorius

Does anyone have the defence heads of arguments please?

I have the state's heads and the defence's response (which is not their heads)

I have seen them yet, I have been looking for them too.

The defense's response? Never seen that one, can you share?

Kai Feldhaus ✔ @KaiFeldhaus

Tolles Plädoyer von Roux. Umfangreich, detailliert, emotional, führt es zum Höhepunkt: der Forderung eines Freispruchs für #OscarPistorius.

Gret plea from Roux. Extensive, detailed, emotional, it leads to the high point: to request an acquittal for #OscarPistorius

Hmm, why do you quote a BILD (5-pence-newspaper) jounalist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy