Trial Discussion Thread #56 - 14.15.10, Day 45 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HE IS NOT REMORSEFULL AT ALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a MONSTER behaving like he does today.

The female assessor jumped up rather quickly.....once the break was announced. Almost looked she was in the process even before the judge finished her sentence.

Court adjourned for the witness to recover.

We just saw real, raw grief on the stand then.

For the first time.

She heard it about Steenkamp's shooting by radio.

Martin heard: "Allegedly shot his girlfriend." Martin says "I hope to God he's cheating on Reeva."

Tear Break - Martin breaks into tears for the first time. Impressive composure in an arduous recounting of her beloved cousin's death. Good last line for the court to ponder. His fidelity is a question in this trial, like the "babyshoes" ex-girlfriend call before Pistorius killed Steenkamp.

One would expect a grief-stricken, traumatized OP to be sobbing right now, as Reeva (the "love of his life") is described in beautiful, heartfelt detail; as treasured memories of her are shared with the Court.

But, he rubs his face as if annoyed, as he stares down at the notepad in his lap.

I fear it's all an act with him & should he shed a tear today it will be for his own agenda to garner sympathy for him. After all, his whole clan & the DT see him as the victim here.

Court back.

J: Are you ready to proceed Ms Martin?

KM: I'm fine.

:tears::crying::whine:

Reeva's whole fights and problems over the years - and now without happy ending (thanks to OP).

Is OP hiding his eyes so that we can't see that he isn't crying???

So after the break, is op now crying? Did he get some acting advice in the break?

Now his head's in his hands. Nothing like some Ipecac and a rub of Vicks onto his face to get the emotions going.

KM: I remember my husband turned the car around in the traffic...I was just praying it wasn't Reeva. I got on to my mother. I was just phoning and phoning and I got hysterical...husband said calm down, we don't know.

But when we got to my mother's, I saw the doors open and I knew. I said pls tell me mom it isn't true. But she said I'm sorry, it is. Auntie June called me this morning. At that moment my world ended...

This is very painful to watch. You can hear the distress in her voice as she describes everyone running around screaming and not knowing what to do. Barry is shattered.

Strange that she broke up with Warren because she wanted to settle down and have a family. Did she think OP was ready for that?

KM: I was dreading facing Aunti June and Uncle Barry. I thought how can I face them, after what's happened to them?.....When we got there, it was crazy, with loads of people coming in and out with flowers....

exlains how everyone devatsted and arguing, and June was medicated, in a daze, destroyed.

KM: It's terrible. I'd say it's ruined our family....They adored Reeva...I didn't know if they could cope, with Reeva not being there...

Strange that she broke up with Warren because she wanted to settle down and have a family. Did she think OP was ready for that?
I doubt she'd have been thinking about that just a couple of months into the relationship. And from what we know, she was unhappy a lot of the time, so would possibly have left him, if he hadn't killed her first.

"That was for me the end of the world."

Steenkamp's side are in tears.

Martin recounts the chaos and panic of the family. Rushing to get her daughter, who adored Aunt Reeva, out of school so the child did not hear about death from any other source. Everyone was fighting, distraught and questionong how could Reeva be dead. June and Barry were hysterical, the mother medicated. Shrugging and crying the family as under great stress and Nel wants to highlight the impact on the family.

Martin: It's ruined our whole family. Ruined Barry and June. Reeva took care of them and not only financially.

Aimee Pistorius looks around almost suspiciously, perhaps embarrassed? It's a odd look with so much grief and emotion from many.

BBM - you're right .. I still keep calling him 'the accused'! .. 'the convicted' doesn't sound quite right though!

Hows about we all just refer to him from now on as that murdering bsxzxd...................it has a certain ring to it don't you think ?:jail:

If OP gets community service, that should mean that he'd still have to report in to some probation office which would mean having to travel back and forth to it. He's going to have to shell out an awful lot of money to keep using bodyguards for even the simplest of journeys and having community service for even the 3 years that these jokers were recommending, that's an awful long time that he'll have to stay in and around South Africa for. It wouldn't surprise me though if he kept applying for changes to their calendar to suit his upcoming events.

They'll get the probation officer to go to him. Isn't that what happened when he was on bail before the trial?

Reeva has siblings, Adam and Simone, but theymoved out when family went to PE, so Reeva the only child there with June and Barry.

Nel asks about health impact.

KM:....Barry had a stroke. We were very worried about hin flying up here. June too, the stress and trauma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EasyFiling