Trial Discussion Thread #57 - 14.16.10, Day 46 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#OscarTrial Schultz and his associates tell the cameras 'Pistorius family are the victims. Always the victims'. #BarryRoux

I'm really not feeling sorry for OP or his family when it comes to the circle of friends that OP seems to have courted in the past coming back to bite him in his *advertiser censored*. He's extremely close to his brother and sister so they'll be aware of his thuggish friends too.

After hearing Modise testify, I’m more convinced than ever that, considering public sentiment (outrage), OP would seriously be safer in prison.

If Masipa lets him walk, he’s gonna find out real quick he’s not in Kansas anymore. Outside of Uncle Arnie’s house, it would be open season. His days of being hailed a hero are OVER. If he had enemies before, he’s got an army of them now. He’s no doubt oblivious to the fact there are people out there as unstable as him or worse.

SA Correctional Services would have a crucial vested interest in keeping their #1 star inmate ALIVE and WELL.

The public at large has no such vested interest.

I think Roux should start negotiating locations and accommodations. LOL

Oscar seems to have believed his own hype re SA's "golden boy" etc and now is beginning to appreciate how far he has fallen in public estimation. HIs PR team IMO have underestimated the intelligence of the public - most people don't believe his remorse and most people don't want to read any books he "writes" or listen to his training plans for the Olympics. His fall from grace isn't because of the media coverage of the trial or from the PT's claims - they're due to his own appalling, tailoring, lying efforts on the stand (which I thought were highlighted well by Nel) and due to his corrupt, colluding family.

On another note, does anyone else think it's odd that the Judge is having to have prison conditions spelt out to her? Seem akin to having to explain to a doctor what it's like being in a hospital.

I agree. So many people dismissed OP's comment to Gina as nothing, even implying she might have done something to warrant it, so hopefully they'll feel the same now Aimee is on the receiving end of the same treatment.

Maybe next time Carl will think twice about what he tweets

#OscarTrial if the Pistorius family can feel intimidated in a court then Oscar would be safer in prison

I am a cynic when it comes to OP. He knows Mortimer and Schulz had just left the court and it would not suprise me if OP chose to go outside to create a scene with them. I am sure he would feel it would work in his favour. There is the likelihood that Mortimer will be the next witness. If OP can cause a fracas by being in Mortimer's vicinity, he could well get Mortimer barred from court.

In any case it is the 1. time in 7 months, that OP is walking out of the court at lunch time ... there must be a reason ... straight onto danger?

I agree.

Apparently the maximum sentence for correctional supervision is 3 years which I just can't imagine being an appropriate duration.

There is another option of 5 years correctional supervision where approximately the first year would be spent in prison and the remainder under house arrest. This would seem like somewhat of a compromise.

Who knows? The judge could still surprise us all.

I'm hoping for an appeal, and for him to be in prison until the original verdict is overturned.

And now some light comic relief during court intermission. Is anyone watching the live feed from The Telegraph in the UK? And did anyone find out the name of the anchor who has a penchant for *advertiser censored* shoes?

That's a nice contrast to Roux, whose earlier comment to M that; 'I know you are a very important person,' cam over as sarcastic and patronising and to me, seemed he wanted to convey the opposite. Horrible and snidey.

maybe because roux is used to being 'the very important person' when asking questions. in this case, this fella outranks him... and everyone else in that room, imo.

modise had the calm assurance of someone who knows his field, and has the power to put his promises/assurances in place. as roux said: 'bona fide'.

On a more serious note...a big, big thank you for all the updates yesterday.

My take (without knowing anything LOL) is something like this: Schultz and co went to sit on front benches near the Pistorii, Aimee complained (according to a BB tweet), he mouthed 'xxxx you', she started to cry.

Such a sensitive wee flower. Yet who seemed strangely unmoved when playing the role of Oscar's dead/dying girlfriend.

Oscar needs to go to prison and I just think Mikey Schultz is just there to make it happen #oscartrial

My take (without knowing anything LOL) is something like this: Schultz and co went to sit on front benches near the Pistorii, Aimee complained (according to a BB tweet), he mouthed 'xxxx you', she started to cry.

Rather convenient all this drama surrounding the Pistorius clan, could it be a ploy to show the court that OP is only safe in his Uncles compound? Just sounding out my thoughts.

MandyW: Mikey S walked into court/sat in front row/Aimee askedcops to remove them. As court adjourned "Who they think they are?" #OscarTrial

Well said.

I think the response to his conviction for CH from people all over the world has shocked him. His snotty sobs convinced very few people - the vast majority seem to think he's a lying murderer who has gotten away with it.

I don't know if he has NPD, but he certainly seems to have narcissitic tendencies, so this fall from grace will be unbearable for him. Good.

And yes, presumably Milady has to go through this sentencing palava everytime she convicts anyone, so none of this should be news to her.

Sorry - this was to Jake18. I pressed the wrong button again!

News on whoop: Pistorius family want Schultz barred from the high court.

@ewnreporter:#OscarTrial Schultz walked out of court clearly worked up complaining Pistorius family 'thought they owned the front row'

#OscarTrial.A person of Oscar's financial status shud have not have made a mockery of the Steenkamps mishaps by offering R6000 p/m.

Well if there isnt someone outside the court room shouting "Roll Up Roll up" there certainly should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay