Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, he didn't look like anything.

Prior to him standing to receive sentence, as soon as he heard that suspended was not an option, he was trying to stop the tears - all the typical facial muscle visuals of holding it all in . As soon as he got up the coping, fighting sportsman kicked in and he did well to remain expressionless.

To me, he didn't look like anything.

Yes, I thought that too .. I think he was just as confused as everyone else as to what the sentence actually was .. I never actually heard her say it would be a custodial sentence, I thought it was going to be under house arrest or sommat.

Honestly, I don't think OP is upset at all.

The more he thinks about it, the happier he's going to get.

Almost everyone on here knows that he intentionally blew her he'd off.

A couple of years in a cushy hospital prison room with lots of money for sundries to be bartered, etc.

Have any of you ever struggled on a cold night with a blanket that was just too small to cover your feet properly? All night, you wrestle and tug with it, trying to warm up your cold toes? And, no matter your efforts, it always comes up just a bit short.

That, to me, is this case. It just keeps coming up too damned short.

JMO

Saying on Sky News he'll have to serve at least 2 1/2 years. I doubt there'll be an appeal.

Still reeling from Masipa's comment that the loss of a life is 'almost' always serious?!

I agree with others that OP was probably medicated this morning.

Has to serve minimum 1/6th of sentence. Um, lot less happy now. (on eNCA news). Ladies in green VERY angry and upset, want appeal. Say family would not be happy.

Oh my god.. "Will probably serve one sixth" 10 months! NO *advertiser censored*****NG WAY!!!!

Just heard on TV he could apply for parole after 10 months.

from news24:

10:48
The Steenkamp's lawyer says June is "satisfied" with the sentence, tweets Alex Crawford.

10:47
"Pistorius family confirm no appeal. they expect him to go to prison from court," tweets the BBC's Andrew Harding. Other reporters are tweeting the same. Another journalist who spoke to his uncle, Arnold, confirms he said "no" when asked if there will be an appeal.

Well he got half of the 10 yrs Nel asked for. I don't know anything about the parole laws that would get him out of jail in less than 5 years. I do think the State will appeal the conviction. As the judge said in sentencing, OP's actions that night bordered on murder.
I don't think the defence would have much prospect in appealing the sentence.

Well, it's better than no jail time. He will have time to reflect on what he's done. The Steenkamps have a life sentence.

BBM .. I disagree .. I believe his jail time should fit his crime, and I don't believe that he should be treated any differently to anyone else. Let's not forget that the verdict was incorrect in the first place, this should've been a sentencing for a murder not manslaughter.

State still have a couple of weeks to appeal. I hope they do. I don't think OP will though.

I think OP was too STUNNED for his usual histrionics.

I think he actually thought he'd walk right back to Uncle Arnie's house.

Sentence is not near long enough but Masipa did surprise the hell out of me with any prison time at all.

The smallest mercy I'm holding onto right now is that it IS a custodial sentence, which so many of us feared he wouldn't get. I think this means Rio is out of the question, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eridachtlin