Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This trial has lasted twice as long as there relationship

Judge now talking about boss of correctional services: 'Certain service would be able to cater for needs of all individuals...'

Onto personal circumstances of OP

Vermeer's report contained a perfect word in my view ''prison is unable to 'cater' to his needs''

I'd like to hope that if OP doesn't get a prison sentence that there will be a number of countries who'll start to think about how to cater for disabled criminals so this kind of farce isn't given too much credence in the future.

Did she accept the evidence of the defense witnesses??? Of Annette Vergeer?

J: Currently stays with uncle, unemployed, no income. No previous convictions.....born with congenital abnormality..the difficulties...were confirmed by Dr V Herman?...

I can't believe what I am hearing - Reeva's life sounds like chopped liver compared to his almighty. What about a mention of Reeva studying law, womens rights.

Pistorius knows he's not going to jail .. he doesn't look particularly worried ..

JM was talking VERY shortly about the state witnesses. I can't believe it!

She's letting him walk :( Giving weight to Derman's evidence about how his disability affects him. That video should have been entered as evidence :(

Geez!! WTF is Masipa going over OP's bio again???!!! GRRRRRR

We all know his sorry. story.

GET ON WITH IT!!!! :mad:

No! Not Derman. It's downhill all the way now!

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!

Judge now reading Doc's description of OP's disability: 'He could not walk on industrial carpeting...max stride 33cms...'

JM: "She was good in front of a camera"

She was good in front of a camera??

So dismissive, a telling reworking of the truth and Steenkamp's career. Modelling is a serious career BTW...world in general, Judge Masipa and anyone else that throws out these types of condescending statements.

Spent an extremely short time on Kim Martins victim impact statements. Hm, I've heard judges talk movingly and evocatively about the effect of the crime on the victim's family, loved ones and most vitally on society in general.

This is just sad and shows tellingly the problems of South African legal system (from triad of Zinn and institutional blindness) about the importance of the victim.

Add: Oh, she's going back to the mitigation, perhaps Judge will relook at the victim's family statements...

Here we go. Lots of discussion of the accuseds physical problems and needs..blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi