Trial Discussion weekend Thread #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget, you have to meet the standard of reasonable doubt.

Do we have a list of lies that together meet that standard and that we can prove are lies and not just misunderstood, misinterpreted, misspoken, and misremembered?
There have been various lists drawn up, but they keep needing to be updated as new lies are added. You can probably find some of the lists in either the last thread, or the one before that.

I do believe that OP and Reeva fought that night. But unless there's something on the phones/ipads which we haven't already heard about (extremely doubtful), I don't think we'll ever know what sparked it. From the texts and OP's testimony, she likely challenged him on something and he lost it.

MOO.

Unfortunately that is true. OP sure isn't going to tell the truth about it. His "life" depends on being found not guilty. There have been times when I thought that Nel was going to get him to crack and tell the whole truth, but then OP went back to being that stubborn person again that has never done anything wrong.

MOO

The lies that OP is telling on the stand, that have been proven to be lies, is being forgotten it seems. If OP is committing perjury on the stand about all sorts of things, then his entire testimony and his "version" is also called into question.

If OP was innocent then why the need to lie?

Take, for instance, the famous bedroom picture with everything in the wrong place. That would be great evidence to prove the lie, if it was presented by a top team of trusted forensic experts.

But, we know he will have enough evidence to prove the scene was 'changed and tampered with.' I've seen other pictures of that bedroom where things are placed differently, so I don't think it will be hard to prove that picture unreliable.

Well to keep a open mind means you have to to believe there is a possibility he is making the whole thing up.
He is getting a fair trial regardless of what is written on here.

I do believe there is a possibility he is making the whole thing up.

IIRC Reeva hadn't planned to be at OP's that night, but "his hurdle" caused her to offer to cook dinner and presumably listen to his woes and offer consolation. She left OP's around 5:30 and returned, likely with groceries. OP got home after 6:00 and said Reeva was cooking a stir-fry in the kitchen at 6:30. He went up to change clothes and, apparently watch *advertiser censored*, while his beautiful gf remained downstairs alone in the kitchen. How odd is that?

I'm still not convinced that RS had changed her plans to spend the night, where was the speech she had to give the next day(distance) and did she have the outfit she would have wanted to wear with her so she go straight there? As a model and soon to hopefully become a reality star, she would have wanted to look her best.

Unfortunately that is true. OP sure isn't going to tell the truth about it. His "life" depends on being found not guilty. There have been times when I thought that Nel was going to get him to crack and tell the whole truth, but then OP went back to being that stubborn person again that has never done anything wrong.

MOO
I honestly did think he was going to crack when there was that deathly pause after Nel asked "Did you hear Reeva scream after the first shot" - but no. To be a good liar, you need a good memory, and OP doesn't have that.

There have been various lists drawn up, but they keep needing to be updated as new lies are added. You can probably find some of the lists in either the last thread, or the one before that.

yeah but it's all a bunch of little stuff or things that you intuitively feel are wrong or things that could go either way.

Nothing you can take to the bank, really.

We'll see. Trial's only half over.

No. I'm sure that's what happened, though.

I said she brought his Valentines gift the day before and told him not to open it until Valentines day.

My reading of that is--I won't be with you when you open it.

Otherwise, wait until the next day and give it to him then.

Why give it to him a day early if you are going to be with him the next night?
Why give someone a Valentine's Day gift at all if you're about to dump them?

The bedroom door has been perplexing me, as to what caused the damage to the door edge above the lock? The bottom of the door looks like it was kicked hard to crack the corner of the timber like so and the marks almost appear like something got wedged in there and levered the door open. Remember Osacr mentioned specifically how he had run into the door and then had to bend down and lift bottom latch.
Speculation....
If the bottom latch is still on and Reeva had run upstairs and he was chasing with air rifle shot from passageway, perhaps he picked up slug when he went upstairs?, and Reeva beat him to it and did what he said he did by placing bat against door and although he could push swinging door at bottom and cause top to bend out enough to get air rifle nose in to wedge and force it open. I did notice the cricket bat had a damaged rubber handle. So the door being shoved at bottom and pushed forcefully open may have torn it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 30
I'm still not convinced that RS had changed her plans to spend the night, where was the speech she had to give the next day(distance) and did she have the outfit she would have wanted to wear with her so she go straight there? As a model and soon to hopefully become a reality star, she would have wanted to look her best.

yeah. Cook dinner for him, give him his V-day gift and go home.

Something kept her there. And, then she said the wrong thing to him.

But, look, if the pathologist is right, they were still up at 1am.

If the witnesses were right, they were fighting at 2pm and she was shot at 3pm.

The witnesses might do it if they didn't all contradict each other.

The bedroom door has been perplexing me, as to what caused the damage to the door edge above the lock? The bottom of the door looks like it was kicked hard to crack the corner of the timber like so and the marks almost appear like something got wedged in there and levered the door open. Remember Osacr mentioned specifically how he had run into the door and then had to bend down and lift bottom latch.
Speculation....
If the bottom latch is still on and Reeva had run upstairs and he was chasing with air rifle shot from passageway, perhaps he picked up slug when he went upstairs?, and Reeva beat him to it and did what he said he did by placing bat against door and although he could push swinging door at bottom and cause top to bend out enough to get air rifle nose in to wedge and force it open. I did notice the cricket bat had a damaged rubber handle. So the door being shoved at bottom and pushed forcefully open may have torn it.

Bedroom door is suspicious.

Can you explain what is this air rifle thing everyone keeps referring to?

Wait a second now. OP is talking with Mr. Nel about the highway gun shot incident. Mr. Nel calls OP out on making the story up or otherwise he would remember who he called, who came and got him, etc. OP says that he would gladly tell who he called if he could remember it because it would collaborate his story.

Full Definition of COLLABORATE

1: to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor

2: to cooperate with or willingly assist an enemy of one's country and especially an occupying force

3: to cooperate with an agency or instrumentality with which one is not immediately connected

I'm actually starting to think that OP just likes to try to use big fancy sounding words, but often accidentally uses the wrong one.

Here, I think he meant to use the word corroborate.

Last year, when he said he was mortified, I think he meant to use the word horrified.

In both instances, a rhyming/similar sounding word fits perfectly in place of the other word.

I'm no OP defender :truce:, and I believe he murdered Reeva in a drawn out, purple-faced, mother-of-all-temper-tantrum rage, but when it comes to these word choice oddities, IMO, he's just trying to sound linguistically advanced....and failing.

Bedroom door is suspicious.

Can you explain what is this air rifle thing everyone keeps referring to?

As they did walk through house at beginning of trial....they walked past small lounge area upstairs, past yoga mat, towards bedroom door. Bedroom door had a 4mm hole though it, outside to inside of bedroom, and had this damage and damage to bottom panel of swinging door of the set of two, remember..wheel chair friendly doors on the second floor with no lift lol!, and behind the door was an air rifle with silencer attachment& a baseball bat.

I'm actually starting to think that OP just likes to try to use big fancy sounding words, but often accidentally uses the wrong one.

Here, I think he meant to use the word corroborate.

Last year, when he said he was mortified, I think he meant to use the word horrified.

In both instances, a rhyming/similar sounding word fits perfectly in place of the other word.

I'm no OP defender :truce:, and I believe he murdered Reeva in a drawn out, purple-faced, mother-of-all-temper-tantrum rage, but when it comes to these word choice oddities, IMO, he's just trying to sound linguistically advanced....and failing.

Much like Jodi Arias did. Also Casey Anthony did the same thing. Must be something having to do with being cold blooded killers.

MOO

did OP put Reeva down to open his bedroom door/pick up keys?
Would be hard to do holding dead weight.

Why give someone a Valentine's Day gift at all if you're about to dump them?

Because she was a sweet girl. She had no desire to hurt him.

I'm basing this in part on the emails, in part on the interviews with her friends, in part on her age and maturity and unwillingness to give up her own life for a man.

Wasn't his last girlfriend 17?

This is a 29 year old woman with a law degree and a modeling career that is taking off. How different is that?

He is an athlete who has to control and manage every minute of his day to be successful. A woman in his life has to dance to his tune because he has no margin of error for even himself. They were like night and day.

I saw a CSI re-enactment on youtube that kind of proved that you cannot hear anything further away than 300 feet in that community, and it doesn't become clear until you are 50 feet away, for what it's worth.

If it's the same one I saw, they were testing to see if an argument could be heard, not gun shots or cricket bats. And they didn't even test it in the actual estate, they only used distances. All the witnesses must be lieing if that video is to be believed

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member