Trial: Is Casey medicated? (Poll)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has Casey been medicated during the trial? (Multiple options ok)

• I think she's been medicated a few times during her trial.

Votes: 65 20.5%
  • I think she's been medicated the entire trial.

Votes: 78 24.6%
  • I think she's been medicated since her crying episode the day CA testified.

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • I am certain because of news reports that she's medicated.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't think she's been medicated during trial at all.

Votes: 95 30.0%
  • I feel she should be allowed to be medicated.

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • I don't think she should have medication during the trial.

Votes: 81 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
adaptation to the environment one is confined to creates a certain safety net. The care of a prediagnosed DSM IV or V prior to detention is confidential information

I don't believe that she is medicated, IMO she displays a variety of emotions in court, I have observed her giggling, laughing, smiling, pouting, show anger, argue with her counsel and cry, her stoic look is on display for the jury only.

If ICA is in fact a sociopath no amount of psychiatric drugs will help her overcome this specific condition. Meds are reserved for people who actually need them for some specific psychiatric condition, such as bipolar disorder or ADHD etc...
Her behavior in court mimics her interview with Melich and 911 calls, she's cool and emotionless.

I want to further add that she does Not strike me as the anxious type, once again refer to her demeanor during the interview and 911 calls and the following 31 days after the death of her child, she boozed, partied and sexed it up, where was her anxiety then?
Would an anxious person leave their car that smelled like death out for others to find with no fear of being discovered?
Sorry I call BS on that.

ITA that she is probably not on meds because in order to be prescribed drugs you have to have a diagnosis that will respond to the drugs. Regarding the show of emotions though, I used to be prescribed 6 mg of Klonopin daily (not to mention Celexa, Neurontin and Zyprexa) and I showed a variety of emotions. That flat affect stuff goes away after you have been on them like a month.

As to her lack of anxiety after she (allegedly) killed her daughter, to me it's clear that girl dissociates.. she compartmentalizes and imo is quite good at repression/suppression which removes her from her reality (her mother is quite a pro at this fine art as well IMO).These are Defense mechanisms designed by the self to avoid unwanted emotions/anxiety.

She's definitely being medicated... I think she's been medicated since the meeting with the shrinks.
Sadly, it's not doing any good. You'd think that medication would make her "normal" and she'd start to feel remorse.
Not Casey... she just gets even more diabolical.

In order for medication to help her she would have to have something wrong with her. If they are giving her antidepressants, it's not gonna do anything because she's not depressed. Medication treats symptoms, if you have no symptoms the meds are useless.. might as well throw them in the trash. kwim?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been medicated since she's been incarcerated. This girl probably takes some kind of anti-depressant or other drug for mental issues. Not that she is mentally incapacitated, but for some "regular" type of issues that millions of people have.

Are inmates allowed meds for stuff like that?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been medicated since she's been incarcerated. This girl probably takes some kind of anti-depressant or other drug for mental issues. Not that she is mentally incapacitated, but for some "regular" type of issues that millions of people have.

Are inmates allowed meds for stuff like that?

ANYONE who is diagnosed with an illness is supposed to get his or her meds, inmate or not.
However, it does not behoove them to have a professional diagnosis until the trial is over and then they can go for that if they need it.She has been examined, but MI is very hard to detect, and she would get examined again.
If the trial does not go their way and she gets a harsh sentence then they can appeal – get her diagnosed and WALLA! They had no clue she was mentally ill until now.
But if they pull out an MI diagnosis now – that will not guarantee her freedom at all. That is what they are after.

There are some newer anti-anxiety meds like Ativan that are mild and don't stick around in your system for as long as some of the older ones, like Valium. Not that Valium is not still a good medication, it is.

By the way, for some of us who are older, myself included, the term "tranquilizers" is kind of out of date nowadays. It's all "anti-anxiety" and "anti-depression" medications nowadays. (But pretty much everybody still seems to understand the term "tranquilizers" but the term seems to have gotten a "bad rap" over the years.)

I agree with those who have stated that the same medication can work differently on different people. But, basically, most of them work for the reason they are prescribed.

All of the anti-anxiety meds have the effect of slowing down the Central Nervous System. So, for many people - but certainly not all - they will feel drowsy when they first begin to take the medication on a regular basis. But certainly not everyone.

There has been a vast decrease in the amount of grooming behaviors Casey does each day. Based on such behaviors most likely being a form of "self-comforting" in order to reduce anxiety and tension, I voted for she has been medicated since she had her meltdowns during jury selection.

No, I think she looks sleepy & druggy when they are not discussing HER (or things in her interest). She's too alert during recess, lunch, and the end of the day for me to think she is medicated . . . just playing the victim for the Jurors. Don't think it's gonna work, though !!!

Just plain evil!

Justice is coming for Caylee

I think she's probably on anit anxiety meds. They would just keep her more calm, but not really change her behaviour. MOO

I have thought about this lately and I DO think she is getting meds. this was explain her "flat" effect. There are times when she just doesnt seem "there" its not good, it wont allow her true personality to show thru. In pics, she seemed like an upbeat smiling person alot. When she sits there and looks stone faced and all that, she is called Icy. JMO

I hope this isn't off topic. When Misty Croslin was in jail she told her parents that the jail Doc gave her an anti-depressant and it was helping. This med was prescribed at the jail. So yes, they do give drugs to jailbirds in Fl.Of course it most likely wasn't xanax or valium, especially given her proclivity for narcotics.

But in the case of ICA, JB could make a case that ICA needs something to calm her down because otherwise she is panicked about being in the courtroom, has a medical need for medication, and if she isn't given the medical attention that she needs to be able to face her accuser's and participate in her trial, it would be grounds for an appeal.

TC, Robin

ICA's "flat" effect changes when the jury is not in the room. Something which annoys me greatly. Her stoic acting is all the talk on the television shows and no doubt she has been told by her lawyers to continue acting "flat" as it is working in their favour.

So NO I highly doubt Casey has been medicated. Even inmates that act out would not be medicated unless they were diagnosed with a mental health condition. Inmates that act out in court would get handcuffs and leg irons before they got any meds.

RBBM - ITA with this. It's all an act for the jury, IMO...she's acting "inappropriately" to the situation (in this case, the testimony of others) as JB pointed out in his OS she tends to do.

I believe Casey is borderline personality and/or psychopathic. I'm not aware of any drugs that will help with that...sure do miss being able to talk to my dad - he'd know...

One person responding to the poll states they are certain she is medicated b/c of news reports. Wish we knew what news report was being referred to.

RBBM - ITA with this. It's all an act for the jury, IMO...she's acting "inappropriately" to the situation (in this case, the testimony of others) as JB pointed out in his OS she tends to do.

I believe Casey is borderline personality and/or psychopathic. I'm not aware of any drugs that will help with that...sure do miss being able to talk to my dad - he'd know...

I agree with you...but that doesn't mean she is not on meds. Almost all prisoners I knew were psychopathic, drug addicted and narcissistic; however, they all could get meds. The all learn the "buzz" words..

adaptation to the environment one is confined to creates a certain safety net. The care of a prediagnosed DSM IV or V prior to detention is confidential information

This girl adapts very quickly to ANY envirornment she is thrown in....simply amazing how quick she adjusted to her "Dorm". Getting her out of it is going to be a major upset..

Lee looks like he has been smoking too much, and I don't mean cigarettes! Moo. He has gained weight, and looks very "sloppy".:twocents:

If ICA were your sister wouldn't you stay home, eat & smoke cigarettes too? I would, wouldn't want to go out in public! So, can't say I blame him if that's the case.

If it takes knocking her out to get this Trial done then I say drug her up!! We don't want anymore afternoons off

Almost forgot, no I don't think she's on meds. First, I don't think the DT would want her to appear like that. Second, I wouldn't think they'd allow it because how would she know if she were getting a "fair hearing" or "effective council" if she were medicated...idk, just seems that as hard as Judge Perry has worked to make sure everything has been by the rules, he wouldn't allow something like this!

While she LOOKS as if she's medicated, I think she is just being her natural cold, narcissistic, detached, self!! She's a phenomenal actress, and can really turn her emotions "on and off" as Baez's script dictates!!

I am convinced that KC was medicated today. I don't think she was medicated this morning, but IMO prior to the testimony of Jennifer Welch she was given something.

If I had to guess I would say they gave her Ativan. One of the side effects is increased thirst. Given her 3 bottles of water I think it is plausible.

Different people react differently to each drug. I use valium daily and trust me, I still have emotional reactions. I get angry. I get sad. I can be happy and animated. I have NEVER felt sleepy or zoned out from it at all. (same with xanax, only I would have hissy fits when it would start wearing off after about 4 hours).JMO

Definitely. I think that I was being overly cautious about it, I've seen drugs kill people and I just didn't want to take any chances. I was so young, it was hard enough to get help let alone take two psych meds. I was really ashamed of what I was going through.

I'm thinking then that most all people who take xanax don't do what ICA does with her staring. Even if she is taking something like that for a legitimate reason, I can see ICA blaming other behaviors on meds.

Last night I started wondering if she is saving her meds somehow and taking then when she is in court to play up the whole disassociation thing.

Having said that, I don't really think it's any of our business if she's medicated or not. The only issue that would be significant is if she is medicated, and if she's found guilty, could she claim that the meds caused her to be incapable of helping in her own defense....especially if the meds were upped or only used for trial.

JMO

I agree that it is none of our business.

I haven't read the rest of the thread so maybe someone said this already but I think that we are wondering about how much of her behavior/emotions in court is a performance and how much is real. ICA's behavior in court isn't officially evidence, but I don't see how the jurors couldn't take them into deciding her guilt or innocent.

I just watched Dr. Drew and his guest did say what or if ICA is taking medications does matter if they affect her ability to assist in her own defense.

I can see ICA saying that they did interfere with her defense even if they didn't. That's always a concern with her because she's a liar and a manipulator and medication can't "fix" that. Nothing can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back