Trial: Is Casey medicated? (Poll)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Has Casey been medicated during the trial? (Multiple options ok)

• I think she's been medicated a few times during her trial.

Votes: 65 20.5%
  • I think she's been medicated the entire trial.

Votes: 78 24.6%
  • I think she's been medicated since her crying episode the day CA testified.

Votes: 35 11.0%
  • I am certain because of news reports that she's medicated.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I don't think she's been medicated during trial at all.

Votes: 95 30.0%
  • I feel she should be allowed to be medicated.

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • I don't think she should have medication during the trial.

Votes: 81 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Her being diagnosed in jail and rxed meds:
IIRC there was a report released that an eval was given to ICA and it was determined that was not mentally ill. Does the rxing doc have to be the prison or court doc? So if we know that the diagnosis didn't come from there could it have come from an outside doc working with the DT so they wouldn't have to show the prosecution the results?

Does the DT really have to hide this info? Even if she was diagnosed does it matter? In order to plead insanity she would have to prove she didn't know right from wrong at the time of the crime and that is not the same as being mentally ill, right?

Also, if it is true that Caylee's death was an accident she didn't die because ICA didn't know right from wrong, she died because ICA was being irresponsible. The DT is only using the psych angle to explain why ICA hid the supposed accident, and to possibly get her LWOP. Do I have that right?

And then regarding Judge Perry saying no to meds so ICA won't latter try to get an appeal....
I get that, but then couldn't ICA then say she couldn't participate in her defense because she wasn't given psych meds?

Oh, I didn't realize they were medicating for sociopathy now.

Last time I was reading a thread like this I saw somewhere on the www that the new DSM will not include all of the personality diagnosis they have now.

Maybe they are going to give her her own diagnosis. I'm kidding but Dr. Drew seems so amazed by all of her lying. Like he can't believe how finked up she is. He did say today that from what he has being reading about pathological lying it never exists on its own, that it always present with a mental illness or character disorder.

oh yah, and about the neurontin someone said can be rxed for anxiety disorders... I took that for a while for seizures. Since ICA has claimed she has those I wonder if that is how the DT got the meds approved for her.

I am thinking since Casey's rise time is 4 a.m., and jail's must be noisy places with uncomfortable beds, what appears as 'drugged' may simply be exhaustion and lack of quality sleep. Also, she is not getting physical exercise, and hasn't had much social interaction. I would imagine I might appear zoned out too, given those factors. But the dead pan look ('flat affect') is something I believe she has been coached on to appear as if she is dissociating. I know she certainly is not truly dissociating, evidenced by her ability to turn it off on a dime, such as when the jury is present. I don't think she is either a good actress or a good liar, but I do think those are the two 'qualities' she is most proud of possessing. :cow:

I am thinking since Casey's rise time is 4 a.m., and jail's must be noisy places with uncomfortable beds, what appears as 'drugged' may simply be exhaustion and lack of quality sleep. Also, she is not getting physical exercise, and hasn't had much social interaction. I would imagine I might appear zoned out too, given those factors. But the dead pan look ('flat affect') is something I believe she has been coached on to appear as if she is dissociating. I know she certainly is not truly dissociating, evidenced by her ability to turn it off on a dime, such as when the jury is present. I don't think she is either a good actress or a good liar, but I do think those are the two 'qualities' she is most proud of possessing. :cow:

Could be harder for her to sleep at night than it was even for jury selection.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. I don't think she is as delusional as she was in the beginning in thinking she could get a not guilty verdict.

Could be harder for her to sleep at night than it was even for jury selection.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. I don't think she is as delusional as she was in the beginning in thinking she could get a not guilty verdict.

I agree she believes she can lie her way out of any situation but I don't think she is clinically 'delusional.' Just plain old ordinary stupid, IMO.

I voted she is not medicated but didn't post why I think that.

She is too responsive. She has flashes of intense rage showing and then she does cry at times (besides the put on emotions such as pretending to cry).

But she does look very expressive in my opinion. Disgust, rage, hatred, etc...

So no I don't think she is being medicated. JMHO.

I voted she is not medicated but didn't post why I think that.

She is too responsive. She has flashes of intense rage showing and then she does cry at times (besides the put on emotions such as pretending to cry).

But she does look very expressive in my opinion. Disgust, rage, hatred, etc...

So no I don't think she is being medicated. JMHO.

ITA and voted as such

I am on the fence with the idea of medication. I can see the plus side of a mild sedative, to keep her calm, but too much medication and she or her attny could claim she was not capable of being "present" during her trial. Interesting poll, it must be a very touchy subject with attny's!

Well according to certain resources, she recieved some medication on May 21st after jury selection.. and had to pay $5 for it. She hasn't had any since then...

I voted that Casey has not had any medication during the trial. I thought that with her "illness" on Thursday and having to see the jail medical staff, they might have prescribed an anti-anxiety medication. But, I paid careful attention to her behavior today and I see no difference. She's very animated and chatty when the jury is not in the courtroom and then when the judge announces, "all rise for the jury", she puts on her sad face and sits down. They may have given her something to calm her yesterday after the afternoon session was cut short and she was taken back to jail, but I don't think she was medicated today.

It makes you wonder if any of the dt slips her something then chugs her water.. who knows..

I am on the fence with the idea of medication. I can see the plus side of a mild sedative, to keep her calm, but too much medication and she or her attny could claim she was not capable of being "present" during her trial. Interesting poll, it must be a very touchy subject with attny's!

I don't think she's had anything, personally, but then again the judicial system drugs people up (like Andrea Yates) until they get them sane enough for trial....jmo

This thread topic reflects two ideas to me:

The first idea being that there is a perception, both in this thread/forum and in the media, that it cannot possibly be that KC is as flat and/or ice-cold as she seems in this trial. She has to be drugged, right? Can she really be this dead inside? It seems impossible and unimagineable, and it's human nature to want to seek an alternative explanation that makes more sense, like meds.

The second is the very idea that Casey Anthony's lies are so deeply pathological, that she is lying to us even now, through her body language. She has us guessing-But the truth is, she feels nothing but fear, indignation, regret that she was caught, and heavy, heavy anger. Rage. Would you ever know that from her face? A glimpse here or there maybe.

IMO, this isn't the face of someone that is drugged up, this is girlfriend's poker face.

This thread topic reflects two ideas to me:

The first idea being that there is a perception, both in this thread/forum and in the media, that it cannot possibly be that KC is as flat and/or ice-cold as she seems in this trial. She has to be drugged, right? Can she really be this dead inside? It seems impossible and unimagineable, and it's human nature to want to seek an alternative explanation that makes more sense, like meds.

The second is the very idea that Casey Anthony's lies are so deeply pathological, that she is lying to us even now, through her body language. She has us guessing-But the truth is, she feels nothing but fear, indignation, regret that she was caught, and heavy, heavy anger. Rage. Would you ever know that from her face? A glimpse here or there maybe.

IMO, this isn't the face of someone that is drugged up, this is girlfriend's poker face.

Agree, she sure was able to watch the video today without the jury in the room..

Casey is BUSTED that is the bitter pill she is digesting!

CATS.jpg

I see that people think she can't be on meds because she doesn't seem sluggish, flat, dopey, etc. In my experience with seeing many inmates on meds, that is not the case. Some people have more energy on anti-depressents and sometimes ativan/xanax can help you think more clearly and don't make you sleepy unless you want to sleep. .

That temper tantrum today was a reaction to the mood of her attorney. He was angry and she absorbed his tension and became angry. She should be able to be angry, cry, laugh on meds. She watched the whole video of her baby and her corpse and her murder weapon being applied and never shed a tear. She was very busy being angry just like her defense team who she feels is family now; she is picking up their mood. She resents the heck out of having to rise for judge and jury. She feels this is beneath her. She can't wait to flop down and is the first one seated.

I am in shock that she could watch that video..I am at a loss for words. She is a piece of work.

I don't think she should have medication during the trial.

That way she can't say she wasn't in her right mind...I want nothing she can use for an appeal when the chit hits the fan and she is sentenced to LWOP...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Casey is BUSTED that is the bitter pill she is digesting!

:welcome: to WS Millio :seeya:

Yep, it appears she's busted and I just hope and pray those jurors are paying attention...but notice, she's on her best behavior while those jurors are present. Once they leave the courtroom, she gets on with her animation, she appears to be barking at Baez, doesn't look at the video monitor in the jurors presence but does when they are not looking...she's a bad actress, IMO and I can't wait for her bubble to burst when she hears, Guilty of premediatated murder...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back