TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the guessing game of the last witness, what evidence was not covered completely by the previous witnesses? I have seen a few guess Garth. He was a witness to one of the deaths. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I hope that the kids don't have to testify. I think they are victims of spiritual abuse and emotional abuse and they lost their mom at the hands of their dad. Their family is destroyed. Their dad is scary. The family members that have testified describe family parties, cousins growing up together. I am sure they were trying their best by calling part of the house that they probably didn't want to move to as the Cozy Cone. Ok, back to my original question: What evidence (or specific charge) is needed to prove Chad is guilty that needs another witness?
I’m one who would like to see Garth as the final witness…for what it would do to CD to know he no longer buys his act…but I have to admit that for Garth’s sake I agree with you too.

As for what else is needed from another witness? Nothing would be my answer to that. I half expected the state to rest its case after today’s witnesses. Short of being able to contact AC on the other side of the veil and have him tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth now that he knows CD & LVD are blaming him for everything, I really don’t think there’s much the state can add to the case they have presented thus far. I guess we’ll see tomorrow if I change that opinion after hearing their final witness.

ETA: Nate is going to tell us who he thinks it will be on Courtroom insider which just started.

Last edited:
I’ve been hoping the same thing. Garth is the oldest of the Daybell siblings and was in the home the night his mother died. I thought they might call him about finding TD but also wondered if they were just trying to spare him from being part of the case against his dad. But if I could choose the ending of the state’s case, it would be Garth with his blinders removed.

I know that in the 2022 48 Hours program that he and his siblings were defending CD and some have suggested he might have been saying what CD told him to on the night TD died - I don’t share that idea but do think that he wasn’t facing facts and was buying CD’s act that night and could not fathom his dad having anything to do with any of the murders or even that Tammy’s was murdered.

But wouldn’t it be awesome if he has changed his mind about some of it in the past couple of years? He said on that program that he thinks of it every day - not sure that “it” referred to the night TD died or the remains being found on CD’s property or the whole situation - but I suspect he has continued to think of it every day and that he has watched much if not all of this trial. What if he is ready to stand up to his other siblings and say wake up…dad did this. Wouldn’t that be great? I cannot imagine a more appropriate thing for CD than for his oldest child - his son - to be the final witness against him in the state’s case.

Well, I can dream, can’t I?
And he could have information about all of this trial's victims...he was questioned about the children, so he could at the very least have his own experience with learning of his fathers marriage, then being questioned about the missing children, then any subsequent personal knowledge he had, such as what Chad told him about the kids or seeing the disturbed earth in the ground a new way.

Certainly, he has a lot of personal information about Tammy's murder.

And...if Prior found out on Monday that he was in the queue for prosecution witnesses, it would explain his changed demeanor in court. You have to imagine the witness list keeps getting tweaked and updated to try to plan for the next couple of days...this is right on schedule.

("Locals" in Rexburg have a several hour drive in addition to work schedules, so he'd have to have a little notice.)

I really hope this for Tammy. I sooo want one of her children to be her witness. It's the mothers' day gift I really want for her.

MOO

In the guessing game of the last witness, what evidence was not covered completely by the previous witnesses? I have seen a few guess Garth. He was a witness to one of the deaths. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I hope that the kids don't have to testify. I think they are victims of spiritual abuse and emotional abuse and they lost their mom at the hands of their dad. Their family is destroyed. Their dad is scary. The family members that have testified describe family parties, cousins growing up together. I am sure they were trying their best by calling part of the house that they probably didn't want to move to as the Cozy Cone. Ok, back to my original question: What evidence (or specific charge) is needed to prove Chad is guilty that needs another witness?
I am definitely hoping it's Garth, but you have an excellent point. The spiritual abuse these children have experienced is off the scales.

Popularity is over-rated.

MOO

I am definitely hoping it's Garth, but you have an excellent point. The spiritual abuse these children have experienced is off the scales.

Popularity is over-rated.

MOO

This reminds me of that book/movie, "Mosquito Coast" by Paul Theroux. The oldest son, was always the one who wasn't always enthralled with his father's Grandiose plans, and crazy theories.

I am hoping Garth stands up for his mother. This is his one opportunity.

I would like to see the witness be Lori.
That would be WILD. Quick, someone go check if she's still booked in the jail in AZ.

Seriously, though, I hope it's Garth. For his own sake, I hope that he has decided to place truth over loyalty and tell the jury exactly what he knows, because I think he knows more than he has in the past been willing to say. We've heard that we was close to Tammy; I'd hope he'd want justice for her.

Nate thinks the final witness will be Doug Hart (FBI) because state said he would be called back. He testified about the texts about inflicting pain in the LVD trial and Nate says we haven’t heard that yet in this trial.

I have been watching Nate Eaton tonight. He thinks prosecutors last witnes is Doug Hart. He still has damning testimony fromLori’s I cloud and texts of chad speaking of turning up the pain on Tylee.

If not, I wonder if Doug hart will be star witness for death penalty….you know, to turn up the pain for chad?

Prop a cell phone on the witness stand and have the state say they're gonna text the spirit of ACox as their final witness, just to see the look on Chaddo's mug.

In all seriousness, I hope it's one of his brood. Garth, say. That'd be tough tho, potentially being the last nail in your pop's coffin.

I can’t help but wonder what Lori’s reaction will be if she is told Chad was found guilty, and even more so if she is told he got the death penalty.

At first I can imagine her anger that Chad messed up more than Alex did. And the shock when she realizes he is not a god nor a prophet and that she is no goddess.

Then I can imagine a complete mental breakdown when she realizes she murdered her children for NOTHING. And was responsible for the deaths of Charles and Tammy and Alex.
I was thinking the same thing today about Chad. I know that people like him rarely have any self reflection or admit wrongdoing, but I still hope and wish he could one day look at LV and think “I killed my wife for this?” (Not that anyone is worth killing a spouse for, obviously, but I hope he regrets it. )

Prior seemed confident that 3 of the Daybell children would testify for the defense. If he knew he was calling Garth (as part of the 3) then surely he would know the state also called him? If so that wouldn't explain the demeanor change as he'd be expecting it already. Or how does that work?

There's five: Garth, Emma, Matt, Leah, Seth.

Did we ever find out what specific mental illness Lori was diagnosed with?
whatever she was treated for, she was deemed competent to participate in her defense. her defense never brought forth the doctors they mentioned in one of their motions back and forth with the state about her mental issues....they claimed IF there was a penalty phase, they would be called to mitigate.

Is it normal for someone in a county jail to be able to talk to someone 10 to 12 times a day? I wonder if they did that right up until CD was arrested? Does anyone know the date of the call they were playing parts of this morning? If it was said, I missed it. I had a hard time hearing what they were saying much of the time but was CD really saying he was “texting” AC “Ray” who had been dead for months at that point? Did AC take one of those burner phones with him thru the veil? Did LVD really believe CD was texting AC? If not and she knew it was “pretend” why couldn’t she “pretend” to text him too? And when CD suggested LVD write a letter and mail it to AC to see if he would write back, where was she supposed to mail such a letter? Did they come up with this “code” to use on jail phone calls about plans and blueprints and projects in Hawaii when they knew she was about to be arrested? Or do we know of any texts or conversations they used these types of construction terms before they left Rexburg?

They must have hours and hours of these jail phone calls if CD & LVD were talking 10 to 12 times a day for months. I had wondered previously whether we would hear any of their calls besides the one the day LE found the remains of JJ & Tylee but I never realized they spoke so frequently. I think they chose a good one to play for the jury to show that LVD was looking to CD for the plan. But I can’t help wondering what else is on all those calls.
I still wonder about all those near daily visits to Lori by MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member