GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question - what happens if they can't reach a unanimous decision? Does it then fall into hands of the judge or is the DP now void? I assume DP will be off the table.

I feel that it's probably come down to a few jurors wanting him to die versus a few not wanting him to die while the rest of the jurors sit back with their arms crossed, waiting I feel bad for the jurors stuck in that room on a beautiful Saturday.

I'm perfectly fine with LWOP.
My understanding is that if the jury does not come back with unanimous decision for the death penalty then it is an automatic life sentence but the judge determines the number of years before eligible for parole but could also say without parole period. The judge cannot sentence him to death if the jury did not and cannot give him less than life but could leave open the possibility of parole. Of course I’m sure if it comes back to the judge he will give 3 LWOP as he did LVD and tag on several years for the fraud charges just for good measure.

Serious question - what happens if they can't reach a unanimous decision? Does it then fall into hands of the judge or is the DP now void? I assume DP will be off the table.

I feel that it's probably come down to a few jurors wanting him to die versus a few not wanting him to die while the rest of the jurors sit back with their arms crossed, waiting I feel bad for the jurors stuck in that room on a beautiful Saturday.

I'm perfectly fine with LWOP.
Yes the judge then gives him three LWOP sentences as he did in Lori’s case. I believe they have a verdict, one way or the other.
I believe that is why families and LE are now gathering at the courthouse.

I'll say it. Why? At this point, is Chad's life one way or the other worth wasting a weekend over? Just draw lots or have a secret ballot vote and be done with it.
This is unfair to the jurors.
Here in Canada, a case I jurored on also involving a child and a triple murder, each individual juror made their own private sentence reccomendation. Asking jurors to make this decision is too much, IMO. They've done more than enough and the visuals alone will be with them for the rest of their lives. Let judge Boyce make the ultimate choice on this.
Because these jurors have had to listen to horribly and unbelievably sad testimony, see awful pictures that will stick in their minds, gave up their own time to be there….so they need to each be allowed to stick to their verdict, even if defaults to LWOP. They need to make the decision. JMHO

11:13 a.m. Chad Daybell has entered the courtroom. He is wearing a blue shirt and blue tie. Attorneys are at their tables.

11:15 a.m. Colby Ryan, Tammy’s family, and Larry and Kay Woodcock are in the courtroom. Chad Daybell’s children are not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay