GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But on a serious note, I feel for everyone that was/is prepared to make a statement. I am sure this is difficult for them and then to have these delays when the time has finally come to speak to Chad and let it be known the grief and impact his actions have had on their lives.

CD is choosing to waive his right to present any mitigation or statement of allocution!

Wow.

So is he leaning into this whole "going like a lamb to the slaughter" martyrdom thing? Or does he really see himself above these "terrestrial" matters?

Ohhh I read Colby and wife are there. That's good.

jmo

Colby spoke at LVD's sentencing, for his sister and brother.

I re-read LVD's statement at her sentencing hearing, saying how she was in "contact" with Tylee, Tammy, and JJ daily, and how "happy" they all were.

I wonder what CD will say. Update, just heard that CD won't say anything. Fine. He is waiting for his appeal. This was all a "misunderstanding". He didn't do a thing.

So... no allocution from CD. He's going full martyr. After pleading innocent and putting multiple families through this for years. I have a feeling he read those flickering lights as some sign from above and he still believes he's on the right track.

Also, how do you pull off sounding so dull and uninteresting in 4 syllables?

The defense is not presenting mitigation factors. My thought is that this is a strategy to appeal the almost certain death sentence. All IMO and I’m not an attorney — but the appeal of the conviction itself is unlikely to be successful. But an appeal of the sentence may be more likely if Prior acts incompetently by not presenting any mitigation factors. Also there aren’t many mitigating factors for Chad that come to mind.

I’m surprised honestly, because Prior has been fighting strongly for his client. Anyone else have a theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier