GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I recall MG testimony that CD was in and out of the apartment that weekend. Warwick confirms that as well and also that he saw the scratches on CD's neck when he returned from bringing JJ upstairs. cant seem to find which day it happened. but it was testified CD was alone with JJ in that instance.
MG & DW aren’t very clear on their timelines but DW did say he saw CD at LVD’s on Sunday at some point after they saw the property and they both said CD was not there during the podcast. DW seemed to be saying he heard about the scratches on CD’s neck on that Sunday but I wasn’t sure if he was saying that’s when they happened or when that is when CD told him JJ had scratched him. But I am guessing that it happened that Sunday when CD came by LVD’s at some point after the property visit and before LVD went to AC’s with JJ before the podcast.

Welcome to your new home Chad…

Are you asking yourself “was it worth it” yet?

According to the transfer records, Daybell entered the custody of the maximum security prison at 9:34 am on June 3, 2024.

Last edited:
For me LWOP (we call it a whole life sentence in UK) is the most effective punishment. As a person who loves my freedom more than anything (except perhaps my cat!) I can think of no better punishment for someone who has committed a terrible crime than to be deprived of their freedom forever - and be consciously aware of it ever single day for the rest of their lives. Add to that the constant fear of attack of course. A whole life (or life) sentence also, of course, leaves open the chance to correct any possible miscarriage of justice.

Periodically here, we get people arguing the Death Penalty should be brought back - it was abolished just before I was born except for treason and piracy I believe (it was eventually stopped for that too). For many of these people, it is because they begrudge the spending of tax payers money on keeping such people incarcerated, but I am happy for mine to used to ensure such people wake up to another day of knowing what they are missing and will never have again.

I know very little about the US justice system, but here in the UK there are strict guidelines for giving someone a whole life sentence, hence why killers like Cashman (Oliva Pratt-Cordell) and Chapman (Elle Edwards) weren't given whole life, but were given such long minimum terms (42 years and 48 years respectively) they will either die in prison or be so elderly by the time they are released, it will be far too late for them to live any sort of meaningful or fulfilling life.

As far as Daybell is concerned, if he had been in the UK I am sure he would have been given a whole life term. There is a comparable case here where a whole life sentence was given (Simpson-Kent) who murdered his partner Sian Blake and their two children. I think there are circumstances where someone can receive a whole life term on religious grounds here, but I'm not sure CD would have qualified for whole life on that basis too.

Thinking about your suggestion about CD being afraid of the general population, here in the UK, the most notorious criminals are as I understand it kept apart from the rest of the population, although there is a general assumption that they can be "got to" one way or another or even by one of their own. It does happen. I'm assuming if he is on death row there is less opportunity for that to occur.

And I agree with your sentiments about CD getting LWOP!
As a person who loves my freedom more than anything (except perhaps my cat!)

Before I even read your post I thought what a beautiful cat! And, yes, to all you wrote. Give me liberty or give me death, as far as I'm concerned. Life in prison is unimaginable. I'd give all of these people life and a bottle of fentanyl pills so they could opt to give themselves the DP, should they so choose. For me, the point is not punishment (that comes when they meet their maker and have to deal with their own karma) but segregation from the rest of society (for our safety) and that is punishment, in and of itself, for the perps. The only real DP I favor is when a person with skin in the game kills the perp. Example: There was a woman in California whose child was sexually assaulted by a stranger. The perp was convicted and at sentencing, the mother shot him dead on the courthouse steps. The state has no such interest. Sadly, she was charged with murder and the idiot jury convicted her. So, the state can kill someone but someone actually invested cannot. That's not right.

This was the interview that seemed to prompt the gag order.

MOO
I got the link from that outlet’s Twitter feed today and i opened and read it first. It was a brief story about him being transferred and in the Vine system. I thought maybe they just hadn’t updated their thumbnail view!
No big deal, but it wasn’t what I thought I was sharing here. Lol

Many horror houses (or buildings) remain on the market for years before the property is finally sold with the buyer demolishing the home and it either remaining a vacant lot or the buyer rebuilding a new structure there. For example, John Wayne Gacy's horror house was torn down and a townhouse was built in its place. It was for sale recently. I think the first house he lived in with his wife and kids is still there, and was for sale recently, but I can't find the article I saw about that first family house he owned.

The apartments where Dahmer lived were torn down and are still a vacant lot (with lush grass and trees). I remember reading somewhere that some of the victims'' families were wanting to turn it into a memorial park at one time.

Ariel Castro's home was razed and AFAIK is probably still a vacant lot.

The Turpin house has been in auction limbo for a while.

Many FLDS-related houses have been turned into (hilarious) hotels and shelters for people.

So now we wonder what will happen to the Daybell property, Lori and Alex's apartments, heck even their house in Arizona. We also wonder what will happen to that giant compound Jodi Hildebrandt built. As for the latter I suggested it'd probably make a really good hotel or an actual, good foster home. I mean it's got a pool.
I could never knowingly live in a home where a murder occurred. I'm sure someone bought Nicole Brown Simpson's condo. It was in a sought after and expensive area. I would have bought OJ's house, in a heartbeat (if I were a millionaire) because nobody was killed there and two flat acres in LA is gold. I believe the buyer tore it down and built something even nicer. That house the pharma couple in Toronto were killed in was sold, I believe. No way in hell I would live there.

As a person who loves my freedom more than anything (except perhaps my cat!)

Before I even read your post I thought what a beautiful cat! And, yes, to all you wrote. Give me liberty or give me death, as far as I'm concerned. Life in prison is unimaginable. I'd give all of these people life and a bottle of fentanyl pills so they could opt to give themselves the DP, should they so choose. For me, the point is not punishment (that comes when they meet their maker and have to deal with their own karma) but segregation from the rest of society (for our safety) and that is punishment, in and of itself, for the perps. The only real DP I favor is when a person with skin in the game kills the perp. Example: There was a woman in California whose child was sexually assaulted by a stranger. The perp was convicted and at sentencing, the mother shot him dead on the courthouse steps. The state has no such interest. Sadly, she was charged with murder and the idiot jury convicted her. So, the state can kill someone but someone actually invested cannot. That's not right.

She shot the convict on the court house steps? Presumably, the convict was unarmed, restrained and guarded?

What else could the jury do but convict? What was her defense? Another gun man on the grassy knoll?

MOO

Nate is wonderful. I really like his podcasts.
These are normal people folks. Having to sit through weeks of convoluted stories and hearing Ms Blake put it all together and seeing the horrifying pictures. They did what I could never do. I appreciate them so very much. Chad and Lori are in prison where they need to be.

Edited for typos.

She shot the convict on the court house steps? Presumably, the convict was unarmed, restrained and guarded?

What else could the jury do but convict? What was her defense? Another gun man on the grassy knoll?

MOO
Her defense was what the perp did to her child. We are rid of one more perp. I wouldn’t have convicted her. I would give her a medal.

Holy smoke, that Visions of Glory book, that started this whole thing, is still for sale on the LDS bookstore website. According to both Lauren and Megan, all of the light/dark stuff and other beliefs that Lori held originated with that and it was the book she was reading when the cops served her, poolside, in Hawaii. Wouldn't you think, in light of what's happened, they would have removed that?

I think it's unfortunate that these weirdos have also somewhat contaminated the topic of NDEs. The first book I ever read about those was from a surgeon whose patients experienced them after being pronounced clinically dead. They are moving, inspiring and cautionary tales about life and don't preach crazy religious ideas like what these people were into. It's a legit and fascinating subject that unscrupulous people capitalized on. Jerks.
Good grief. I think a family member ought to sue the church for selling it. But they are all LDS. It’s disgusting if the church to make one cent off that book.

MOO
I never knew what her defense was and didn't follow the trial. last I knew she had been diagnosed with breast cancer, while in prison. I don't know if she lived or died or got out of prison. It made me sick. Juries always have the right of nullification, though judges don't tell them that and most are unaware. They could have refused to convict her. I sure would have refused.

ETA:
<modsnip. - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief. I think a family member ought to sue the church for selling it. But they are all LDS. It’s disgusting if the church to make one cent off that book.
It also seems pretty strange as my impression was that the LDS church wanted to distance itself from these fringe cults, of which there have been a few and high profile, at that.

From the description at the LDS book site:

In this true account of near-death experiences, we learn about the miracles of the millennium, the return of the Ten Tribes, the building of the New Jerusalem and temple, and many other astonishing events long prophesied in scripture but never before described in such vivid detail. Visions of Glory is a mesmerizing and fascinating read that you will not be able to put down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back