TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Tammy discovered early in the morning when she was already cold? Garth would have been home from his night job by then. Chad could have not avoided involving him in some way, since he lived at home. IF Alex took an active part in her murder that night, it was likely in the late evening when his phone pinged in the vicinity and after Garth left for work. I hope Chad's trial clears up the timeline of Tammy's death, because it's confusing. (IMO)
IIRC Garth was working at a haunted house, Chad called and told him to come home because his mother was sick. Garth witnessed her "being sick" and vomiting into the toilet (or trying to). Garth was then awoken by Chad hollerin' in the other room, at which point he went into their bedroom and saw Tammy.

IIRC Garth was working at a haunted house, Chad called and told him to come home because his mother was sick. Garth witnessed her "being sick" and vomiting into the toilet (or trying to). Garth was then awoken by Chad hollerin' in the other room, at which point he went into their bedroom and saw Tammy.
I don't remember a confirmation that Tammy was sick earlier in the evening. It would support the natural cause narrative. There was no indication in the autopsy that Tammy was drugged. If Garth did come home early and saw his mother alive, then Alex's involvement is less likely. I hope Garth testifies (he already did in front of the grand jury, but we don't know what he told them).

During yesterday's break, Lauren Matthias interviewed two jurors from Lori's trial who are in the audience at Chad's trial. One has never been interviewed before. She stated that she was a changed person after Lori's trial who needed therapy, but she also missed her co-jurors. She also mentioned something that has been on my mind. What if JP only subpoenaed Chad's SIL to prevent her from attending the trial? He could do that with all Chad's detractors. Kay Woodcock isn't there because she is a witness, so one person less to judge him. There was also a weird moment when Lauren locked eyes with Chad when he entered the courtroom. He gave her a nod. I'd be weary of giving him attention. It probably feeds his ego, especially with women.

Re: HD, I wouldn't put it past CD/JP. There are very few options for CD to seek vindication for opposing him, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

That moment when LM arrived early to the courtroom and had eye contact with CD sounded so surreal and cringey.

Aside: I am relistening to a few of my favorite HTC interviews: HD, Bernadine, Girl on Fire, Anna, Susan Freeman. I love the stories that set the scene and fill in the peripheral sideshows that culminated in us being where we are now - another jury selection.

Aside: I am relistening to a few of my favorite HTC interviews: HD, Bernadine, Girl on Fire, Anna, Susan Freeman. I love the stories that set the scene and fill in the peripheral sideshows that culminated in us being where we are now - another jury selection.
SBM. One of the most fascinating interviews (to me) LM did was with Eric Smith, once an editor with Chad's publishing company and later Julie Rowe's right hand man. He seemed candid in comparing Chad's religious beliefs (structured in three tiers) with his own fringe theology. They were both ex'd by the mainstream church - Chad only after he crossed the line into criminality.

Day two of the Daybell trial resulted in an additional four jurors being chosen to serve in Daybell's criminal trial - bringing the total number of prospective jurors to 20 of the 50 that District Judge Steven Boyce must assemble to then choose from.
……
After the 50 prospective jurors are selected, preemptory challenges then occur. In this step, both the prosecution and the defense select which jurors may proceed and which may not. Each party gets 16 preemptory challenges, totaling 32 challenges.

Of the 50 prospective jurors, 18 will remain after the 32 preemptory challenges. Those 18 jurors then sit on trial.

Twelve of those 18 individuals will be official jurors, leaving six to be alternates. The alternates will only find out if they're alternates closer to deliberation.
……
The court will take up to two weeks to select an adequate jury pool.

Wednesday, April 3rd:
*Jury Selection continues (Day 3) (@ 9am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24).
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection. Trial will be held in Ada County. Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday.
Jury selection Day 1 (4/1/24): 16 to final 50. Day 2 (4/2): 4 to final 50. Total = 20. [There will be 12 jurors & 6 alternates]
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Lindsey Blake & Rachel Smith & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1 (4/1/24) reference post #26 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ow-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-2

4/2/24 Tuesday, Jury Selection Day 2: Jury selection continues. Another 50 prospective jurors brought in. An additional four jurors were chosen - bringing the total number of prospective jurors to 20 of the 50 that District Judge Steven Boyce must assemble to then choose from. After the 50 prospective jurors are selected, peremptory challenges then will occur.
Jury selection continues on Wednesday, 4/3/24.

Keith Morrison did such an amazing job covering this case IMO (as did Nate Eaton). I bet they were devistated when they learned what actually happened to the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..