Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, RH DID kill Cooper. But was it intentional?

I think 33 seconds is kind of remarkable when you consider how close that baby seat was to the driver seat. Hard for me to believe he never glanced a few inches to the right, in that half a minute.

And sad that he had just backed in to the parking space. So many chances for I'm to see his baby right there.

The car seat was in RH's car every day. Why would seeing the car seat or being near it mean anything to him if Cooper-daycare wasn't registering with him?

If Cooper's head was 3" over the top of the seat that SHOULD have registered, but I think that "fact" is very much in dispute, as is the proximity for car seat to driver's seat.

I just arrived home in my car and decided to set a timer for 30 seconds. That is a LONG time just sitting in the car. It seems impossible to not be aware of your immediate surroundings, especially a toddler inches from your body. I am a small person and my car is of similar size and style to RH. He is much larger and therefore the car seat would be even closer to his body. I would even argue that as he bent to the right to get his briefcase from the passenger side his body would press against the car seat handle.
I'm sorry - this just does not seem to be the slightest bit realistic given the amount of time he remained in that car.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he was "aware of his surroundings". And they would be the same "surroundings" he found himself in every workday, after he dropped Cooper off at day care. If, as I believe he may have done, he thought, (mistakenly), that Cooper was already OUT of the car, why would he concerned with anything other than what he needed to bring in for the workday?

There is a reason that the short drive time does not convince me that he did this on purpose.

The thing about "forgetting" is that it happens in a second. One second the thought is in your mind, the next second its not. Unless something triggers you to think back to what you forget, it stays forgotten. Kind of like a light switch- on or off... not a dimmer switch.

This makes the drive time irrelevant. If the drive was 20 minutes, its still the same. There would be a moment in time during a 20 minute drive in which his mind "forgets" that he hadn't dropped Cooper off yet. In a 20-minute drive, the moment of forgetting could occur one minute into the drive, or fifteen - it wouldn't matter.

Possible triggers that day:

-His Chickfila cup
-The daycare group email
-Chickfila raised as an option for lunch
-Walking back to his car mid day
-Texting his wife about Cooper
-Walking back to his car after work and driving off

-ALL of these things happened before he remembered Cooper was there

He didn't forget cooper. He mis-remembered and thought he dropped him off at daycare. That is why, it makes NO difference how brief a time was between point A and Point B. In fact if it was longer, something may have shattered his mistaken memory of having dropped cooper off at daycare.
This is supported by the fact that he calls his wife and asked her what time she is picking up cooper ect...

Unfortunately, the evidence doesn't support this. Ross knew Cooper was in the car when he strapped him in his car seat. Are you alleging that Ross actually thought Cooper was at daycare at that time? If not, did Ross think he dropped off Cooper between CFA and the intersection? If neither of those happened (and it was not intentional ), Ross failed to realize Cooper was in the car. He "forgot."

Was referring to the opinions here. Have no way of knowing what will and will not be important to the jury. Imo the far more startling time info is that it appears that only about 1 minute elapsed between a text and and his arrival in the parking lot.

To me that suggests he might have been texting while he drove.

You know my thoughts on this. Ross's texting was a distraction, a fatal distraction.

Next there is video of Harris throwing the light bulbs he bought at Home Depot into his SUV at lunchtime. Harris’ head always remains above the roofline of the car. He never actually looks into the car.

IMO being "sure" he had dropped Cooper off at the daycare is not as believable as just simply forgetting about him. He created a memory of dropping him off? BS.

Thanks for all your updates everyone this is a very difficult case. It must have been horrendous for the jury to see those autopsy photos. It is a tragedy how much little cooper suffered.

I don't think the parking lot videos are particularly helpful. He clearly didn't put his head inside the car at lunch, he may have glanced at the man walking by at noon, but in the morning when he maneuvered into the space, I believe he had to have turned to see what was behind him and that it was not a simple matter of using his side mirrors.

I do not believe that a two year old fell asleep in the few seconds from chick-fil-a to work. That 30 seconds in the car is very revealing.

I thought the defense said he was not texting while driving. I hope I'm not remembering incorrectly, so please correct me if I am!

Well, hate to say this, but I'm not going to be convinced of that unless someone local (hint, Peach) says the drive from CFA parking lot to the Treehouse parking lot can be driven in one minute. Even then it would mean RH put Cooper in his seat and got right back on his phone...leaving less than one minute for the drive if he wasn't texting as he drove.

Does someone else have easier access to the CFA texts (I'm on my phone). It would be interesting to see the time between the last and second to last text sent.

(And, if RH told his DT he wasn't texting and there was no proof they had access to that he was, they aren't breaking any rules by saying he was not. In fact, they're obligated to say he was not ).

If I was on this jury, I would be furious as this looks like a witch hunt so far.

I think they are trying to insinuate that Cooper was sleeping, or the people would have heard.

Kind of silly, IMO. MANY children don't scream when they are scared. They are terrified, don't yell. Cry, shake, are confused, etc. (I hate to imagine that.) Plus, Cooper being asleep does not make him dying there any more forgivable. JMO.

If that's what their aim is, it doesn't make sense. Any parent on that jury will know children can simply cry themselves out. Especially when very sick and have no more energy left.

Defense disputing prosecution's earlier claim that Harris turned around to watch a person pass his car. They say he was just looking down at his phone.

Possible triggers that day:

-His Chickfila cup
-The daycare group email
-Chickfila raised as an option for lunch
-Walking back to his car mid day
-Texting his wife about Cooper
-Walking back to his car after work and driving off

-ALL of these things happened before he remembered Cooper was there

According to David Diamond - the Forgotten Baby expert - those are the kind of things that cause the brain to "reboot" so the parent remembers the baby is in the car. He used himself as an example and said he remembered his kid was in the car when his wife said the child's name. It'll be interesting to see how he explains why these triggers failed.

If that's what their aim is, it doesn't make sense. Any parent on that jury will know children can simply cry themselves out. Especially when very sick and have no more energy left.

I agree. It's the only thing I could think of. There could be other reasons, of course. I guess they could be implying that if they didn't see Cooper, it's not surprising RH didn't. But that would be petty weak too, IMO. I'm honestly not sure what they were trying to get at.

IMO being "sure" he had dropped Cooper off at the daycare is not as believable as just simply forgetting about him. He created a memory of dropping him off? BS.

I believe the opposite, because I think even if he was distracted, some cue, even if had to be the daycare email, would have reminded him. Can't remember what you didn't forget .

According to David Diamond - the Forgotten Baby expert - those are the kind of things that cause the brain to "reboot" so the parent remembers the baby is in the car. He used himself as an example and said he remembered his kid was in the car when his wife said the child's name. It'll be interesting to see how he explains why these triggers failed.

I'm even more interested in the cross examination of him.

I'm sure he was "aware of his surroundings". And they would be the same "surroundings" he found himself in every workday, after he dropped Cooper off at day care. If, as I believe he may have done, he thought, (mistakenly), that Cooper was already OUT of the car, why would he concerned with anything other than what he needed to bring in for the workday?

Well the big difference in his surroundings on this day was the toddler that was in his car, inches from him. So no, his surroundings were not the same as every other workday. A "person" is quite a presence. Even if they are quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it's not Bull2shit. It a very real phenomena.
rsbm/bbm

"These are very wonderful people," Diamond said. "You didn't see any signs of abuse or neglect. I got to know them. He was devastated. His wife was very supportive and I recall this because she knew what a wonderful father he was. She knew he would never do this intentionally."

Like Kristie Reeves, Gideon's mother Sarah Laatsch of Moorcroft, Wyoming told ABC News that she and her husband Kaleb were unaware of Forgotten Baby Syndrome before the accident.

We had baby gates in the house, outlet protectors, alarms on the doors and never thought once that the biggest risk would be ourselves," Laatsch said. "Kaleb said he just went on his same trip the way he did to go to work each day. His brain told him that he dropped [Gideon] off. He remembers what he was wearing, he remembers the babysitter, but it must have been a memory from a previous occasion."

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/for...nts-nightmare-hot-car-death/story?id=40431117

And...It happens a LOT:
http://www.kidsandcars.org/how-kids-get-hurt/heat-stroke/

We have members on this very topic, say that they use stuffed animals, and other things, as reminders, so they don't "forget" to take a child out of the car. Why would they need those? No decent person, who was NOT a murderer, would EVER forget right?

I believe the opposite, because I think even if he was distracted, some cue, even if had to be the daycare email, would have reminded him. Can't remember what you didn't forget .

Yes I agree. Things trigger memory to "remember" what is forgotten. Yet he claims that he was "sure that he had dropped him off" at the daycare. He doesn't claim to forget Cooper. This is what I find total BS. Would he forget to go to work? Forgetting a major task is not the same as forgetting to take a pill that lasts 1 second or to grab your coffee off of the table. Actually, I'm pretty sure RH would not have forgotten his coffee. JMO

I think the state would have had an easier time if they just tried to prove that he was so distracted by his phone, texting, sexting, sexual relationships with other women, etc, that he neglected to take proper care of Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj