Trial - Ross Harris #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sex is nothing more than sex to a large portion of society these days. Look at the prevalence of hookup apps like Tinder.

I think some of those who are commenting about the sexting don't realize that its not a big moral quandary to send nude photos or have explicit sexual conversations with virtual strangers these days.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder if it would have made a difference if she'd asked him if Cooper got to school ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I spend far too much time on this site but my daughter is 5 years old and I still send that text to my husband on the rare occasions he brings her to school. If you knew me you would know I am in no way one of those crazy hover moms but something about not physically being the one to drop my child at whatever specific location and see with my own eyes that she was handed off to the right caregiver/teacher just drives my anxiety through the roof. My husband used to get offended until after he left her in the car for like 10 steps once in a restaurant parking lot because he completely forgot he was driving her that day. Now when he drops her off anywhere he just automatically sends me a quick text letting me know she got into school or whatever activity okay.

I'm scratching my head when Ross texts Leanna about "when you getting my buddy". Why would he text her that? Just curious. Does it matter when if he's going to the movies? He won't be seeing Cooper until later when the movie was over, right? I wonder if he texted her that all the time :waitasec: and if not, why that day Was Leanna the one who picked Cooper up most of the time?

<bbm> Not that I saw. I went through them a few times once I realised he was conversing with LH, to specifically look at their exchanges.

The records on screen only date back to 5/23/2014 though. Excluding weekends, 20 working days. I'm unsure if LH's visit to Alabama coincided with the beginning of this text time frame.

Before the texts there's a Calendar dating back to January 2014, but nothing in the way of exchanges, obvs. Far as I'm aware, LH was 'usually' the one to collect Cooper from Daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
If anyone sent me pictures of their manly bits I would be so offended. Maybe i'm a prude but I just don't understand it.

I don't understand the "show me yours" and "I'll show you mine". Sounds like little children playing doctor and nurse.

Agree. Sad part is in this case the ladies willingly sent theirs, as did he. Now those photos are in evidence. And will stay there for any eyes to see, that has and will ever go over as evidence. So far it looks like RH hasn't made a post first, yet he commented on an image that had already been posted by someone else. BUT that could change with any upcoming witness that worked on the phone.
JMHO

I'm actually (naively) shocked that a creep like RH managed to get so much attention and sex from various women. A creep that is attractive - perhaps. But he is, as described in testimony, dumpy and not particularly good looking. And it is not like he was making up for his shortfalls by treating women with respect and romancing them. No, it was stupid sex talk and a picture of his penis.

BBM: I agree. The women I've seen this far testifying are attractive and get can a guy I would think. To me, nothing attracts me to Ross physical appearance.

Sex is nothing more than sex to a large portion of society these days. Look at the prevalence of hookup apps like Tinder.

I think some of those who are commenting about the sexting don't realize that its not a big moral quandary to send nude photos or have explicit sexual conversations with virtual strangers these days.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely familiar with sexting. I used to be a member of an online chat site in the early 2000's. I met my husband on there. I saw a lot of this type of behaviour and I didn't understand it then either.

Respectfully, yet even though there are seat belt laws, there are still very many people who for whatever reason still do not use them. And same is true about laws already against leaving your children in car. I remember us staying in the car while our parents went into the store to buy groceries. When my kids were small I didn't leave them in cars but also, my oldest one was was over a year old before there was even a car seat law. But we have them now, because there were many incidents,that it considered a way to prevent tragic situations.

So you putting the teddy bear in your car seat, does that mean that you consciously realize there is or was a possibility of forgetting the child was back there? Have you ever forgotten anything? Coffee pot, water hose on, curling iron, lights on vehicle, keys in car? I know that a child is not the same as any of those things but yet you also put a teddy bear in your car seat. Not judging your or excusing the death of this child.

Nor am I coming into following this case with a preconceived verdict. If one has that, I do not understand following as none of the evidence will change your mind and most with that opinion going in will not see or hear anything to honestly change there mind. Why would the evidence or even testimony matter?

Already some "facts" that public thought they knew has been debunked. But that does not matter. We found out just yesterday that Stoddard believed that RH posted the Red Image 6/18/14 and it was not until Sept 2015 that they found out different when they got the follow up messages with the updated Cellebrite software. JMHO from listening and taking notes to evidence and testimony thus far. Not meaning to come off snarky.

I never really worried about 'forgetting' my kids in the car. I had infertility issues for 6 years before we had our kids, so I never ever took them for granted.

The reason I had the hot pink teddy bear at all was because my Mom came and stayed for a bit when my husband was overseas and my daughter was an infant. My mom was driving my son to preschool and back and she was the one who was worried about being forgetful. Being older, and not being in the habit of having young kids in car seats, she came up with the memory solution.

The reason I kept with the Pink Teddy was because my kids loved it. It was a fun routine---take out Pinkie Bear, then climb in car seat. They loved it.

It does not matter so much that he did not create the red box quote. It is interesting enough that it grabbed his attention and he clicked on it to contact the author, imo.

Can someone repost that good YouTube link again please?

Agree. Sad part is in this case the ladies willingly sent theirs, as did he. Now those photos are in evidence. And will stay there for any eyes to see, that has and will ever go over as evidence. So far it looks like RH hasn't made a post first, yet he commented on an image that had already been posted by someone else. BUT that could change with any upcoming witness that worked on the phone.
JMHO

The worst thing for me was that young girl who met RH in a back lane and performed a sex act on him. Nothing to make her happy. Just him.

Please help me understand your position on this matter. How do Ross's actions leading up to and during Cooper's death have "nothing to do with Cooper's death?" Would Ross's behavior be admissable (in your opinion) if it painted him a favorable light? How should the State be presenting its case in your opinion?

He either intended to kill Cooper, or he forgot that he was in the car. The sexting is irrelevant

I wonder if it would have made a difference if she'd asked him if Cooper got to school ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang.

Drumroll.

I swear.

I wish she did text Ross to ask if he got Cooper to school late or on time.

Or if she asked what time did you get Cooper to school.

I truly wonder what he would have said.

Btw. The wife feared that this would happen. So why didn't she text him on a daily basis to find out if he dropped Cooper off.

He either intended to kill Cooper, or he forgot that he was in the car. The sexting is irrelevant

The sexting is not irrelevant if that was what distracted him that day---distracted him so much that he forgot his baby was in the car.

The prosecution has called its next witness, Molly Sims, a 22-year-old who Harris sexted with.

&#8220;We met on a dating app on, Scout,&#8221; Sims said. She was 18 years old. Like the other women Harris texted, they eventually started talking on the Kik app.

Harris said he had a wife.

&#8220;We&#8217;d talk about everyday things and it would get sexual sometimes,&#8221; Sims said. They sent nude photos to each other.
This went on for two years. She got a boyfriend in December of 2013 and things trailed off with Harris.

He would sometime reach out to her and she wouldn&#8217;t respond.

She tried to have non-sex conversations.

&#8220;He would just kind of blow it off or change the subject or make it sexual,&#8221; Sims said.

Sims stopped using Kik in June 2014.

He mentioned he talked with other women and would meet up with them. Sims said Harris told her he had been caught cheating, but she didn&#8217;t know the details.

In December 2013, Sims and Harris were chatting pretty much every day up through Christmas Eve.

Sims says she tried to stop having conversations with Harris but he kept messaging her.

Can someone repost that good YouTube link again please?

here ya go....

[video=youtube;xp_7T1Y_wnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp_7T1Y_wnY[/video]

The sexting is not irrelevant if that was what distracted him that day---distracted him so much that he forgot his baby was in the car.

Ok assuming just his sexting that day is relevant - we've now had 3 or 4 witnesses who were not sexting with him on the day Cooper died. And the one who was didn't start the sexting until after 1:00 p.m. Then we've got a maybe prostitute from a month before the death.

They are only presenting this evidence of character to show "motive" to intentionally kill Cooper and to me that is ridiculous on its face. Sexting days before and hours after you forget to take your kid to daycare is not in any way gross negligence that indicates a reckless or wanton disregard for Cooper's life.

Harris never told her he had a child.

The defense is now cross examining Sims.

Harris and Sims never met in person. There is a lengthy text sex exchange in March. It&#8217;s very clearly two parties engaged in chat, the defense attorney said. Yes, she said.

&#8220;You would agree Ross never forced you to do anything that you didn&#8217;t already want to be engaged in,&#8221; the attorney said. &#8220;Correct,&#8221; Sims replied.

Is your position that Ross's activities leading up to and during Cooper's death have no bearing on whether he "forgot" or intended to kill him? I am really not understanding. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills