Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To play devils advocate wasn't it said that Cooper had a hard time sleeping the night before and then woke up earlier than normal?

lol so DA's go out and Stoddard goes out . Kilgore says something to Ludwig and they follow Stoddard out

To play devils advocate wasn't it said that Cooper had a hard time sleeping the night before and then woke up earlier than normal?
Yes supposed to have woke up at 5:30 and then went back to sleep

According to Leanna, he had a difficult time sleeping for 2 nights leading up to the 18th.

And, playing devil's advocate? I hope no one reading here feels uncomfortable saying what they think, even if it doesn't seem to agree with what a majority of active posters may believe. I know I don't. :)

I understand what you are saying about being foggy from lack of sleep. However, Ross wasn't that tired to forget he had Cooper in the car when he walked in CFA while holding Cooper in his arms. Ross was most likely always distracted from messaging all these females and yet he told LE that he has never left Cooper in the car before. This day was different, it was hot out and Ross went into detail how that day went and yet drew a "blank" when it came to driving out of CFA and straight to work? He wasn't that tired because he made plans to go to the movies later that evening...

You make very good points. Especially the movie one. I have to look through the testimony but wasn't there a break in texts prior to him arriving at CF? Don't they pick back up while he is inside eating and continue from there?

My main issue is there is a lot of reasonable doubt to combat very circumstancal evidence. The contradictionary police testimony isn't helping. You have women who are equally sexting at the same time as he is. This is something I can't wrap my head around nor fathom doing in general let alone at 9am. But people apparently do. The fact that one was underage is a problem but had she not been, there was no other felony to charge him with. This is why they didn't want the charges separated into two trials. That indicates to me that there is a lack of evidence that this was intentional so they had to go a different route. I think the police jumped the gun when they saw internet history which later turned out not to be hard evidence he plotted this. So they are left with his distraction which would have remained the same but it's not illegal to be distracted. Irresponsible but not criminal.

so Leanna is a dietician by education and her husband seems to eat non stop Fast Food. If I hear Chick fil'a much more ....

ross and leanna are HEFTY. you'd think a dietician and her husband wouldn't be so overweight.

Stoddard says Harris sent the Whisper message "I love my son and all but we both need escapes," at 9:15:33 while he was sitting at Chick-fil-A with his son.

that tells the tale. he knew while he was sitting in cfa with his child what he was about to do.

According to Leanna, he had a difficult time sleeping for 2 nights leading up to the 18th.

And, playing devil's advocate? I hope no one reading here feels uncomfortable saying what they think, even if it doesn't seem to agree with what a majority of active posters may believe. I know I don't. :)

Since this case involves a sweet little toddler dying I never want to come off like I'm defending someone who may have purposely harmed him or being argumentative. I might be overthinking it though lol. I just want to weigh the evidence presented and not go on what the media has told me for 2 years. If I'm a juror at this point I'm thinking to myself that the defendant is a creeper and quilts of texting inappropriate images to a minor. The fact that images were reciprocated, and at times requested, I wouldn't likely be voting to throw the book at him on those charges. I would then push those aside and deal with the murder and child endangerment charges separate because to me they are. They were the cause of the distraction and relevant to the case only because they transpired during the day of Cooper's death but the context included in those messages is totally irrelevant to me as they relate to all other charges. He could have easily been having a drawn out fight over text with his wife. Texting is texting for me in this case. I don't see them as a motive and think it's a huge stretch now that the Reddit and other searches have been debunked so to speak.

Stoddard says Harris sent the Whisper message "I love my son and all but we both need escapes," at 9:15:33 while he was sitting at Chick-fil-A with his son.

that tells the tale. he knew while he was sitting in cfa with his child what he was about to do.

My take on the text was him suggesting he and the women he was texting needed an escape from their married lives. Throwing Cooper in the comment, for me, was him showing that his son is what keeps him from permanently escaping his marriage. Basically I feel he was using the word escape but should have used the word "break". But I don't feel he meant an "escape or break "from Cooper. Just my take when you look at all the texts together which I do not feel the police did. They seem to have taken things out of context and leaked them to the press and used them to charge before they had all the info.

Since this case involves a sweet little toddler dying I never want to come off like I'm defending someone who may have purposely harmed him or being argumentative. I might be overthinking it though lol. I just want to weigh the evidence presented and not go on what the media has told me for 2 years. If I'm a juror at this point I'm thinking to myself that the defendant is a creeper and quilts of texting inappropriate images to a minor. The fact that images were reciprocated, and at times requested, I wouldn't likely be voting to throw the book at him on those charges. I would then push those aside and deal with the murder and child endangerment charges separate because to me they are. They were the cause of the distraction and relevant to the case only because they transpired during the day of Cooper's death but the context included in those messages is totally irrelevant to me as they relate to all other charges. He could have easily been having a drawn out fight over text with his wife. Texting is texting for me in this case. I don't see them as a motive and think it's a huge stretch now that the Reddit and other searches have been debunked so to speak.

It's the State's job to convince this jury beyond a reasonable doubt RH is guilty of the charges against him. Unless and until the jury finds him guilty, he is an innocent man. Following a trial, for me, anyway, is about assessing the evidence as presented, etc., and making up my own mind if the State's case is persuasive.

To question the State's case isn't about defending a defendant, and there's no need to apologize for fear it looks that way. I'm glad you're posting. :)

You make very good points. Especially the movie one. I have to look through the testimony but wasn't there a break in texts prior to him arriving at CF? Don't they pick back up while he is inside eating and continue from there?

My main issue is there is a lot of reasonable doubt to combat very circumstancal evidence. The contradictionary police testimony isn't helping. You have women who are equally sexting at the same time as he is. This is something I can't wrap my head around nor fathom doing in general let alone at 9am. But people apparently do. The fact that one was underage is a problem but had she not been, there was no other felony to charge him with. This is why they didn't want the charges separated into two trials. That indicates to me that there is a lack of evidence that this was intentional so they had to go a different route. I think the police jumped the gun when they saw internet history which later turned out not to be hard evidence he plotted this. So they are left with his distraction which would have remained the same but it's not illegal to be distracted. Irresponsible but not criminal.

With this case, it would be hard to prove it's intentional since there is no real smoking gun. This is where you either take Ross' word or you don't. Cooper died in Ross' care and a "ooops, my bad, I must have drawn a blank" doesn't fly with me and neither should it fly with LE. I'm repeating myself, again, LOL, in this case it's hard to prove if he did this intentionally or not. The evidence I've seen this far tells me it was intentional.
Each person can view the evidence as they wish and I'm sure the jury will have some long hours of discussing this case. ;)

Oh and thank you for saying I make very good points :blowkiss: I think sometimes I'm the only one who believes what I believe.. lol There are lots of posters here that make valid points as well ;) BUT I'M RIGHT!!!! LOL.. :tantrum: ;)

I would be a little miffed if I were on the jury, having to watch the state fumbling around with these videos and watching the drive 4 different times.

Also, this video is not helpful to the prosecution IMO. The streets, traffic and intersections are far busier and complex than I imagined before I saw this. It also seems farther away then I had pictured in my mind. That's just me ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ross and leanna are HEFTY. you'd think a dietician and her husband wouldn't be so overweight.

Yet their son, who is only 7 weeks away from his 2nd birthday weighs only 21 lbs. 5 oz. He obviously lost some weight due to the heat. I assumed he had a medical diagnosis that accounted for his weight; however, RH stated he was without medical problems. He was not a low birth weight newborn, weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. Growth spurts, finicky eating habits, etc. do not normalize this weight. Perhaps we'll hear in testimony regarding how hie nutrition was being addressed.

I would be a little miffed if I were on the jury, having to watch the state fumbling around with these videos and watching the drive 4 different times.

Also, this video is not helpful to the prosecution IMO. The streets, traffic and intersections are far busier and complex than I imagined before I saw this. It also seems farther away then I had pictured in my mind. That's just me ...

I'm glad they played it, helps to actually visualize the drive and intersection we've been hearing about for over 2 years. But yeah, I know for me that drive is the kind capable of scrambling my brain. :)

Traffic in Atlanta is known to be busy and hectic. When visiting a relative years ago we had to drive through Atlanta and I was told over and over by my uncle not be in Atlanta during rush hour since it can be a nightmare. No problem except I forgot about the time change and yes, I ended up driving in Atlanta during rush hour. :gaah:

Court is back in session and they are watching more videos of the detectives driving Harris' regular route.

Harris went to Publix with coworkers for lunch on the day his son died. He would have had to pass Chick-fil-A twice.

Yet their son, who is only 7 weeks away from his 2nd birthday weighs only 21 lbs. 5 oz. He obviously lost some weight due to the heat. I assumed he had a medical diagnosis that accounted for his weight; however, RH stated he was without medical problems. He was not a low birth weight newborn, weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. Growth spurts, finicky eating habits, etc. do not normalize this weight. Perhaps we'll hear in testimony regarding how hie nutrition was being addressed.

Wasn't it already testified that Cooper's medical records indicated he was a healthy child?

In another GoPro video, detectives are demonstrating how long it would have taken Ross Harris to drive from the Home Depot Treehouse to Akers Mill Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3