Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he wanted a reason to go to his car alone at lunch. No reason to put a small bag in the car when he would easily put it on his desk and bring it in. Not like it was a cumbersome package or anything. JMO He was going to make a decision about Cooper and he decided to walk away IMO.

Good point. I guess he didn't want to forget the lightbulbs Grrrrr......

In January 2014, Harris has another conversation with a woman who says she’s thinking about leaving her husband.

“That sucks,” Harris responds.

"Get a divorce. I might.” Harris says and admits to being a cheater. He also tells her that he’s addicted to sex.

“I’d *advertiser censored** you if you wanted … See I’m terrible,” Harris says.

In a separate chat, Harris says sex helps relieve his anxiety. He says he keeps his “two lives” separate. Sex with strangers, he says, keeps himself sane.

More reading of messaging and text transcripts. Oy

On March 30, 2014, he has another conversation.

A woman asks how long he’s been with “his girl.” Harris asks if she’s single, and she says yes.

Harris says he’s jealous of her. “My bad side wants to be single sometimes," he says.

it's too much because there is so much evidence against him. We are not dealing with a guy who was unfaithful to his wife with ONE person, this guy had almost a dozen young ladies, some brought in for examinations, others they just have his texts and stuff. One text he's asking his wife for a grocery list, but int he meantime he's calling a prostitute for a quickie. For someone who worked in IT, I'm surprised he didn't delete half this stuff. And if Leanna wanted a divorce at any time, all she had to do is take his phone to a divorce attorney and download it.

Sorry to refer again to the Arias trial, but.....

The sides were reversed, but no matter. In that case it was the defense that hammered hard and relentlessly on the theme of sex, in order to dirty the victim and to "justify" the defendant's killing of him as self defense.

The point is, the sex evidence (recorded phone sex, explicit naked phoos, texts with sexual content) was shocking to hear, especially in a court of law, but that shock wore off as the sex theme was repeated over and over with the reading of individual texts, etc.

At some point shock was replaced with numb indifference, and even annoyance; in other words, it became a counterproductive strategy.

Of course it's damaging to the defense - the jury gets to hear about what a jerk Ross was and how he betrayed his wife.

But it has nothing to do with Cooper's death. His dissatisfaction with his wife does not provide a motive to kill his child. He was not unhappy with his child.

Are you trying to say that being fatigued, depressed, unhappy, overwhelmed, etc makes a parent criminally negligent?

I find that whatever affection he had for Cooper slowly vanished at the realization that because of him,Ross would be tied to LeAnn for the rest of his life. He would also need to be finacially responsible for him too. This man wasn't longing for life as a single father he wanted a life where he didn't have to take care of anyone at all. He reminds me of a slightly more savvy Susan Smith who as we know had an immoral personal life which was most defintley related to the choice to kill her children.

And it is a huge jump to suggest anyone who sees a relation between his marital issues and Cooper's death would think being fatigued,depressed,unhappy and overwhelmed equates a parent being criminally negligent. There isn't a parent alive who hasn't felt those things and the vast majority would never harm their child. Most people find their way out of the darkness however others go deeper into the darkness and their situation leads to choices which are criminally negligent.For comparison replace depression with alcoholism and Ross driving Cooper while drunk and killing him in an accident. His alcoholism would be the cause of Cooper's death but no one would have the blanket assumption that all alcoholics kill their children.

I also find it utterly meaningless to say Ross loved Cooper.We have absolutely no way of knowing that and all we have is that he said he did which is sort of thing you expect to hear from a parent.While there are blatantly monstrous parents who make their dark feelings known the average parent in the cases we read cover here don't roam around declaring to everyone that they hate their child and want him or her dead. I mean how many child murders have we seen where witness after witness is like ,"Oh yeah he was always telling friends and family how much he hated the kid and was just waiting for the perfect moment to kill him.Yep we all saw it coming a mile away."

Why does Det Stoddard keep looking through his folders? Whats he doing?

Bbm

Perhaps he was passively hoping she would do just that. Idk

I believe that's possible, whether he consciously thought it or not. Leanna had checked his phone before and caught him cheating, yet he didn't bother to hide or delete any of his ongoing sexting etc . from his phone

ETA...I'm wrong. Looks like RH "hid" the apps on his phone that he used for sexting.

JMHO, Stoddard should know exactly what date he took the photos. Document document document. Yet his response was " I dont remb the actual date, sometime after the PC hearing, July or Aug 2014"

In another conversation, a woman jokes about Lent, the religious holiday where people give up something for 30 days.

“I’m a lead guitar player at church. I’m not giving up (expletive),” Harris says.

“What are you afraid of the church judging you or God?” she asks.

“Neither,” he says. “I know I just lead quite a double life.”

He calls this a problem but says that he loves it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...rris-murder-trial-oct/Dmo0qRDQuDAgfBiBSbsmiP/

If Cooper was apparently draining JRH's bank account I can see why he didn't want a divorce. Wouldn't he have to pay a lot of money out in child support?

Cooper dying in a terrible 'accident' however would mean financial freedom.....

If Cooper was apparently draining JRH's bank account I can see why he didn't want a divorce. Wouldn't he have to pay a lot of money out in child support?

and a $27,000 insurance policy, but we haven't gotten to that yet.

Boring is now showing photos of Harris’ phone, showing phone call information

On the day of Cooper’s death, he has a missed call from his wife 3:49 p.m. Harris called her back with the call lasting 1 minute on the same day. He misses another call from Leanna at 4:25 p.m.

I think he didnt want the divorce because of the expense and because it would mean parental responsibilities on his custody days. I am not fully on-board that he intended to kill his child, but I do think he stayed married because he was too lazy to get divorced.

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Detective tells #HotCarDeath jury that 3 days before child's death #RossHarris had note on phone "Anatomy of Temptation: Desire >Sin >Death"

LOL I would encourage a Google search of this .... it is a biblical reference from the Book of James gives us the anatomy of temptation so that we can .... that leads from temptation to sin, desire, deception, disobedience and death. JMHO from a quick Google Search.

I find that whatever affection he had for Cooper slowly vanished at the realization that because of him,Ross would be tied to LeAnn for the rest of his life. He would also need to be finacially responsible for him too. This man wasn't longing for life as a single father he wanted a life where he didn't have to take care of anyone at all. He reminds me of a slightly more savvy Susan Smith who as we know had an immoral personal life which was most defintley related to the choice to kill her children.

And it is a huge jump to suggest anyone who sees a relation between his marital issues and Cooper's death would think being fatigued,depressed,unhappy and overwhelmed equates a parent being criminally negligent. There isn't a parent alive who hasn't felt those things and the vast majority would never harm their child. Most people find their way out of the darkness however others go deeper into the darkness and their situation leads to choices which are criminally negligent.For comparison replace depression with alcoholism and Ross driving Cooper while drunk and killing him in an accident. His alcoholism would be the cause of Cooper's death but no one would have the blanket assumption that all alcoholics kill their children.

I also find it utterly meaningless to say Ross loved Cooper.We have absolutely no way of knowing that and all we have is that he said he did which is sort of thing you expect to hear from a parent.While there are blatantly monstrous parents who make their dark feelings known the average parent in the cases we read cover here don't roam around declaring to everyone that they hate their child and want him or her dead. I mean how many child murders have we seen where witness after witness is like ,"Oh yeah he was always telling friends and family how much he hated the kid and was just waiting for the perfect moment to kill him.Yep we all saw it coming a mile away."

Yes! That is exactly the point I was making. There is some conduct that is criminally negligent when it results in a child dying - like driving drunk and causing a car accident. But forgetting your child in the car while driving to work because you're tired, depressed, overwhelmed, etc. is not criminally negligent conduct in my opinion.

LOL I would encourage a Google search of this .... it is a biblical reference from the Book of James gives us the anatomy of temptation so that we can .... that leads from temptation to sin, desire, deception, disobedience and death. JMHO from a quick Google Search.

Harder, stronger, faster. ;)

I believe that's possible, whether he consciously thought it or not. Leanna had checked his phone before and caught him cheating, yet he didn't bother to hide or delete any of his ongoing sexting etc . from his phone
:silly: and his password was their wedding anniversary date!

JMHO this all this stuff is showing by RH own words he has an addiction. He speaks of his wife and son, not hiding them in most all of the text/chats and so forth. The "Evernote" is a biblical ref. It has been stated (on threads) that he had gone to counseling prior. I will have to go back and look at the books that CSI Shumpert took pic of at their home. Will place that here to ref back later States Exhibit 203 202 attorney books names of books living room.JPG

Staley ruled pretrial that the insurance policies could not be brought in.

Do we know of any evidence showing RH and LH were in any financial trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azraelserves