Trial - Ross Harris #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:silly: and the Lead Detective lol who has had the case since June 18, 2014...28 months as Kilgore pointed out first thing... YET, Stoddard would have to refer back to his notes whether Elizabeth Smith was the individual that RH wanted to hook up with for a bj on 6/18/2014? HE should know this stuff dates times places by heart!. I have locst count of "don't recall" or have to refer back to my notes as answers both on Direct and so far on Cross.

That is why the State had to ask so many leading questions.

The State's problem about their "double life" argument is that it applies only to RH and Leanna's marriage. Married, but wildly , out of control sexual outside his marriage. Jurors could be forgiven for finding the sheer volume of his activities as evidence of an addiction or personality disorder kind of thing.

But the State hasn't demonstrated, much less proven, that RH had a double life when it came to Cooper. For whatever reason, RH freely shared the fact he had a child and loved him, even sending his sexting ladies pics of Cooper. No double life there, rather, entirely consistent with his bragging about Cooper etc in his "real" life.

IMO, he used Cooper. He used him to perform in front of family and friends, he used him for women. He paraded him when he needed to. Cooper was his cover, because Leanna sure as heck wasn't going to be. From Leanna's texts she had to helicopter him into doing the day to day father stuff. Also, IMO...you can only use someone for so long until your shtick is up. I think his life was completely out of control, the walls were closing in, and he wasn't going to be able to hind behind it anymore. I didn't need the state to do much of anything for me to be convinced of that. Whether he left Cooper there intently or was so distracted by it, I don't know what I think yet.

Who knows what the jury might think?

It was one of the posts on the front page of Reddit.

For those unfamiliar with Reddit: users can upvote posts and with enough votes, the post moves to the front page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know that. That's pretty deceptive for police to call that researching deaths in cars. It's a viral video. Over 2 million views.

"Here's a beautiful picture of Cooper sleeping ... whoops - SWIPE RIGHT!"

I don't see him showing pictures of Cooper to others from his phone.

That's so funny - I have to admit that I am always reluctant to show people pictures on my phone because I'm paranoid they will see something I don't want them to see. And I have nothing embarrassing or incriminating on my phone! I just feel so "exposed" when someone is looking at pics on my phone.

The State's problem about their "double life" argument is that it applies only to RH and Leanna's marriage. Married, but wildly , out of control sexual outside his marriage. Jurors could be forgiven, actually, for finding the sheer volume of his activities as evidence of an addiction or personality disorder kind of thing.

But the State hasn't demonstrated, much less proven, that RH had a double life when it came to Cooper. For whatever reason, RH freely shared the fact he had a child and loved him, even sending his sexting ladies pics of Cooper. No double life there, rather, entirely consistent with his bragging about Cooper etc in his "real" life.

I can't explain the double life away.

It was his double life that made him negligent the day Cooper died. Or, it was the double life that made him plan to kill Cooper. Either way, negligence or intent, the double life is a factor and being addicted to that double life does not excuse it, in my opinion.

jmopinion

I don't get it.
I've never seen a lead detective be so noncommittal in his answers. A lot of 'I believe so' to go along with 'I don't recall'.

Dude knows Kilgore's locked and loaded for bear, imo . Less risky to say I don't know then to slip and give Kilgore yet another opening to impeach the bejeebers out of him.

Stoddard just has a totally odd perspective. He thinks it would have been more normal for Ross to have sat straight ahead in the cruiser and not trying to see what was going on with Cooper.

Stoddard is a useless witness. Now I have to backpedal on my critique of Boring - maybe Boring asked leading questions all the time because he knew Stoddard is unprepared and wouldn't be able to answer questions without help.

That's so funny - I have to admit that I am always reluctant to show people pictures on my phone because I'm paranoid they will see something I don't want them to see. And I have nothing embarrassing or incriminating on my phone! I just feel so "exposed" when someone is looking at pics on my phone.

Funny aside. I was tasked with making silly videos of my kid's class for a year end thing. I had set my camera on a tripod, but forgot to take it off video mode. I had no idea I was accidentally taping myself standing, and consequently a super close up video of my backside. I was showing the teacher the pictures later in the day and first thing that comes up is a 15 minute video of my rear. That was awkward, lol!!!

Weird to think that if he was planning a BJ in his car for the day Cooper died, that would be used as a defense. Will his double-life save him instead of convict him?

jmo

Funny aside. I was tasked with making silly videos of my kid's class for a year end thing. I had set my camera on a tripod, but forgot to take it off video mode. I had no idea I was accidentally taping myself standing, and consequently a super close up video of my backside. I was showing the teacher the pictures later in the day and first thing that comes up is a 15 minute video of my rear. That was awkward, lol!!!

LOL!! That made me laugh out loud!

I have also left on the video by accident and my kids roar in laughter at my dorkiness. So nice I can make them laugh.

:)

I can't explain the double life away.

It was his double life that made him negligent the day Cooper died. Or, it was the double life that made him plan to kill Cooper. Either way, negligence or intent, the double life is a factor and being addicted to that double life does not excuse it, in my opinion.

jmopinion

The State is applying double life to intent, where imo their argument for it falls flat. Maybe this what Minor was referring to about doubting their single minded focus on malice. They haven't made any effort to suggest double life etc. as predicate for criminal negligence .

So now Stoddard is basically saying that Ross forgot Cooper was in the car (as opposed to intentionally leaving him in the car). He thinks the mention of Cooper in a message "should have reminded him" that his son was in the car.

Weird to think that if he was planning a BJ in his car for the day Cooper died, that would be used as a defense. Will his double-life save him instead of convict him?

jmo

I'm sure he probably would have hopped in the girl's car, just like he did with his co-workers at lunchtime.

Since he wanted to stop at home depot to pick up lightbulbs, he should have driven his own car to lunch that day (with his co-workers) rather than inconvenience his co-worker who did the driving.

Why didn't he offer to drive that day? hmmm.....

So now Stoddard is basically saying that Ross forgot Cooper was in the car (as opposed to intentionally leaving him in the car). He thinks the mention of Cooper in a message "should have reminded him" that his son was in the car.

There were multiple other "reminders" all day.

The State is applying double life to intent, where imo their argument for it falls flat. Maybe this what Minor was referring to about doubting their single minded focus on malice. They haven't made any effort to suggest double life etc. as predicate for criminal negligence .

That is exactly what I was getting at.

Good catch. :)

Kilgore continues to question Stoddard about Harris' actions at the scene.

“Being handcuffed and placed in a police cruiser can create an attitude adjustment. It can be a very sobering thing,” Kilgore said. It can be, Stoddard replied.

He goes from a very emotional state to a very sobering state. Isn’t that what police want and expect when they’re dealing with someone at the scene who is being disruptive? Kilgore asked. Yes, Stoddard said.

Harris had yelled at a police officer before being placed in handcuffs.

The patrol car Harris was in was facing away from the scene. If Harris was looking straight ahead, he’d being looking away from the SUV and Cooper’s body. Harris turned around in the backseat to look out the back window, in the direction of the scene.

“Isn’t that a natural reaction if you’re driven away from the scene where your child is deceased?” Kilgore asked. “Possibly,” Stoddard said.

It’d be weird if he stared straight ahead, Kilgore said. No, it wouldn’t be weird, Stoddard said.

If he was in shock, it would make sense for him to be staring straight forward, Stoddard testified.

Honest question (not snarky) - do they have to point that out? Can't the jury infer that sexting lead him to neglect his child? Or does the jury have to be instructed on that?

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Detective tells #HotCarDeath jury that 3 days before child's death #RossHarris had note on phone "Anatomy of Temptation: Desire >Sin >Death"

LOL I would encourage a Google search of this .... it is a biblical reference from the Book of James gives us the anatomy of temptation so that we can .... that leads from temptation to sin, desire, deception, disobedience and death. JMHO from a quick Google Search.

Quoting my own post, Prior to State ending...
Kilgore references that testimony from RH Evernote on the Sunday prior to June 18, 2014

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Detective tells #HotCarDeath jury that 3 days before child's death #RossHarris had note on phone "Anatomy of Temptation: Desire >Sin >Death"

Kilgore: did you speak to RH pastor
Stoddard: did not
Kilgore: since you didn't speak to him in your investigation you don't know what sermon was about
Stoddard agrees
Kilgore: could be Desire .. leads to sin... that leads to spiritual death?
Stoddard: it could

:great: doesn't matter what the actual sermon was but creates reasonable doubts... Possible could possible be actual sermon... but Def doesn't have to prove it was but if it was... well ... JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills