Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoddard reads information from the article "Prison life: 5 things men should know." He says Harris clicked on this article after his search about what prison is really like.

That was very smart of Leanna. Ross ended up being charged with murder when he spoke to police - no way should Leanna have spoken further with police. Ross shouldn't have spoken to them either IMO. Police are not your friends - they are trying to find people to put in jail.

I never looked at it that way before, but it does make sense. Do you think Ross would not have been arrested that night if he had asked for an attorney and said nothing to the police without one?

Hinky meter? Stoddard didn't just pull the 5 minute phone call out of the blue. There is proof in black and white that there was a 5 minute phone call. Even if it transferred from the main number to LAA, that doesn't take 5 minutes! And if I call a day care and they DON'T answer when I call, I'd be a furious parent and want to know why!

If the call went to the daycare room as stated in the testimony there could be an innocent answer why nobody picked up the phone. The person working in that room could have been dealing with children at that time and did not pick up the phone. She was alone in the room and might have been extremely busy. She might have lied by saying the phone did not ring because she would have been in trouble by not answering. Stoddard viewed this whole situation like a conspiracy. :mad:

If the call went to the daycare room as stated in the testimony there could be an innocent answer why nobody picked up the phone. The person working in that room could have been dealing with children at that time and did not pick up the phone. She was alone in the room and might have been extremely busy. She might have lied by saying the phone did not ring because she would have been in trouble by not answering. Stoddard viewed this whole situation like a conspiracy. :mad:

Day cares don't work like that. That's neglect on their part. Only parents calls go through to a room, otherwise calls are handled at the front desk.

If that were my day care and no one picked up the call, no matter what time I call, then they have some explaining to do.

I'm catching up on the today's trial. I personally don't know why tossing the Publix receipt is a big deal except to show proof he actually went there for lunch. Ross didn't lie about that.

Ross is the one who told LE he usually goes through the drive through, but he also said that he takes Cooper to CFA a few times a month. That is routine.. He didn't go through the drive through that day but he knew he had Cooper in the car because he just strapped him in. He knew he had Cooper because they ate together that morning. He had to walk to his car and open the door to strap him in his car set etc.... This is routine, he does this all the time. He takes Cooper to day care most of the time, other times Leanna does, this is routine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

He doesn't always have Cooper at CF .. So there are time he goes straight to work from grabbing food. That's the problem. It's not out do the norm for him to head straight to the office bypassing the daycare route. I need to know if there is a way to tell how much time between strapping him in and pulling out of the lot. I know the state is saying he forgot him in under a minute which seems unlikely.

This video of the drive.

On the drive to the turn off, Little Apron or Home Depot? The visual triggers are astounding. It's laid bare right in front our eyes. GA_Peach I understand why you wanted us to see your video. I did anyway, but js.

I had coffee in my hand, taking my second sip when he got to where he should have taken the left turn for the Daycare. The second sip. The visuals speak volumes on their own, the time taken to get to the turn-off is stomach-dropping.

The video of Harris arguing the toss about the charges the way he did - "How is that against the law"? (wow) - is not a person broken and confused by what's just happened to his son. Compare and contrast this behaviour to the people Dr Diamond testified for in the past. They didn't care what happened to them, they were consumed by what they had done to their children. Harris is stoic and level-headed enough to argue the point, then throw in he can't think straight when DS doesn't budge.

This man is stating 'I can't spend 30 days in jail, I can't spend one night in jail, I need to see my brother (the cop), I need to spend time comforting my family'. I, I, I. It's clear from the way he's arguing the bit, Harris did not expect to even be questioned to this extent. He's used to talking his way out of trouble, that's clear.

We've learned quite a bit more today. Intrigued at what the new evidence is, and really interested to see what tack DT takes on cross. Kilgore's getting increasingly rattled as the day goes on.

Got to say, LE jumped on RH very quickly, treated him harshly, gave no compassionate pause to his potential state of mind/behaviour. No question. RH's behaviour(s) obviously raised LE's hackles from the very off. Why this particular man? Were their initial instincts/suspicions completely and utterly wrong? Not from what I've seen. I can't wait for cross.

As it stands, I believe LE got this right.

Is it possible the call would have gone to voice mail?

I would be a little miffed if I were on the jury, having to watch the state fumbling around with these videos and watching the drive 4 different times.

Also, this video is not helpful to the prosecution IMO. The streets, traffic and intersections are far busier and complex than I imagined before I saw this. It also seems farther away then I had pictured in my mind. That's just me ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That intersection is a very typical Atlanta intersection. It probably does appear overwhelming to those of you not from Atlanta, especially if you live in a small town. I think a field trip to the area would have secured a guilty verdict (at least for felony murder).

Hinky meter? Stoddard didn't just pull the 5 minute phone call out of the blue. There is proof in black and white that there was a 5 minute phone call. Even if it transferred from the main number to LAA, that doesn't take 5 minutes! And if I call a day care and they DON'T answer when I call, I'd be a furious parent and want to know why!

The main HD number gives you an immediate option to type in an extension. Toddler Room 5 has a dedicated extension. The calls do not require a human operator and are transferred immediately. This call does not make any sense. There has to be a logical explanation.

Phone recods don't lie; people do.

Stoddard talks about the website reddit.com and how people use it to post or read information about a variety of topics. Boring seeks to introduce evidence regarding Harris's use of reddit.com, evidence of which turned up during an examination of Harris's work computer from Home Depot. Kilgore reviews the exhibit in question at length and then grins as he hands it back to Boring.

Boring asks Stoddard about a user called roscoeua. In June 2014, not long before Cooper died, roscoeua asked about witnesses at the scene of a crime, Stoddard says.

Stoddard says a subreddit called "child free" accessed by roscoeua in April 2014. Stoddard says the subreddit is devoted to "not adding more children to the biomass."

Did you also obtain thousands of chat between the defendant and other people? Yes. When child free was typed in and went to the website, and then went to an article, he responded to a chat "grossness." He continued to read articles on the subreddit after that.

Stoddard says two weeks before Cooper's death, Harris commented on a Reddit article about a fight involving bikers, saying, "The only reason I hold true to the bikers actions is because the number of witnesses that stuck around to corroborate their story to police." Prosecution says it speaks to Harris' knowledge of the importance of witnesses.

Boring then turns to the iPhone 5 recovered from Harris. He asks Stoddard about a series of June 9 texts from Harris to sister-in-law Amy Baygents concerning a family cruise. They texted back and forth about it on June 17, the day before Cooper died. Harris acknowledges that he is "waiting to hear back" about the cruise, Stoddard says.

Stoddard says Harris sent an email to a travel agent after telling his sister-in-law that he had already done so. "My family is looking to go on a cruise in mid-October," his email began. Boring underscores that Harris told Amy Baygents he had already checked on the cruise and was waiting to hear back. But he didn't contact the travel agent until after sending that text.

I'm sorry, am I supposed to believe that JRH killed his child so he wouldn't have to pay for his cruise/passport cost?

Stoddard says Harris made a nearly six minute phone call to Toddler Room 5 at Little Apron Academy just minutes after pulling Cooper from his car. The teacher inside the room says she did not answer the phone. To this day, detectives have been unable to find out who Harris spoke to on that call.

If LH is there to pick up Cooper and the staff are all trying to talk to her at the same time he is calling, is it not possible the teacher isn't lying but that someone put him on hold or the phone was taken from him and the call wasn't not ended? Maybe the phone rang off the hook. It was a transfer from another number which means on his records it would show up as if the call was connected because it would have had to be in order for it to be re-routed. Doesn't mean someone picked up in room 5. I would imagine this would have come out already if there was something up with the teacher. LE have all his phone records. If he was talking to the teacher outside of her working hours they would know. I'm sure he would have not called the school and just called her directly if that was he case. I don't think the teacher has a reason to lie.

I've been reading through a bunch of this and in the end I have to say that there simply isn't an excuse either of these 'people' can come up with to excuse away the fact that a CHILD IS DEAD.

May they both rot. I don't buy her crap either.

Boring hands Stoddard three new state's exhibits.

They are emails from and to Harris's gmail account. The first is the travel agent writing back to ask for details on what sort of cruise Harris is interested in and the budget.

Then there was a search at 12:40 a.m. on June 18 -- the day Cooper died -- of passports for children.

The third exhibit is an email from the travel agent listing potential debarkation points and likely prices for the five-day cruise Harris had asked about. That reply came in at 9:35 a.m., which would have been minutes after Harris arrived at work and left his son in the car.

He was searching Sandals? You can't take kids to Sandals resorts. Unless he didn't know this.

Perceptions. I heard a man who had been detained for being emotional, who sobbed his heart out before the interview, who felt responsible, and cooperated with LE to try to explain what happened, who thought they were on the same side, and more than anything, just wanting that part to be over so he could finally , at last, talk with his wife.

I think we all have watched plenty of videos showing the person in question sobbing like any other Oscar winner. I use to put a lot of meaning behind some of this and now, after watching horrific people do evil things, I don't believe any of them when they sob on TV or scream into the phone to 911.

Stoddard says two weeks before Cooper's death, Harris commented on a Reddit article about a fight involving bikers, saying, "The only reason I hold true to the bikers actions is because the number of witnesses that stuck around to corroborate their story to police." Prosecution says it speaks to Harris' knowledge of the importance of witnesses.

Oh my frikking goodness. Give me a break.

If LH is there to pick up Cooper and the staff are all trying to talk to her at the same time he is calling, is it not possible the teacher isn't lying but that someone put him on hold or the phone was taken from him and the call wasn't not ended? Maybe the phone rang off the hook. It was a transfer from another number which means on his records it would show up as if the call was connected because it would have had to be in order for it to be re-routed. Doesn't mean someone picked up in room 5. I would imagine this would have come out already if there was something up with the teacher. LE have all his phone records. If he was talking to the teacher outside of her working hours they would know. I'm sure he would have not called the school and just called her directly if that was he case. I don't think the teacher has a reason to lie.

Jumping off of this post - was it ever testified to what RH said happened during the last call (the 5 minute one)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member