Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the problem with FBS in this case imo. Ross not only had cues to remind him but he was also talking/texting about Cooper. jmo

Lawyers are out scouting locations to park the SUV w/carseat for jury viewing per Vinnie

Here is the problem with FBS in this case imo. Ross not only had cues to remind him but he was also talking/texting about Cooper. jmo

I just wonder if the other 40 or so parents whose kids die in their car each year (I'm assuming 40 is just the fatalities) had absolutely NO cue to remind them of their child. No pictures, thoughts, conversations, etc?

I'm not sure what the purpose of this viewing is. Of course the jury will be able to see the carseat in the SUV if they get close enough. JMO

It's crazy to me that Ross watching a YouTube video was enough to be considered research, but a man with a PhD in Neurobiology and decades of experience studying the brain just has "an idea".

Gravity is a scientific theory too. A theory in science is much more than just an idea. Just because Dr. Diamond's research is considered theory is not a reason to discount it.

Thousands of scientists across generators have studied gravity. Thousands upon thousands of studies.

This guy has...himself. Degrees and education does not make this guys theory anything but his personal theory. I discount it, because he has marked himself the expert, and gone to no efforts to prove his theory reliably. IMO, he relies and banks on having cornered the market. Wouldn't be the first time a scientist did that.

Ross does not fit his theory, yet he's still gong to testify and will likely get paid thousands. That's suspect.

I just wonder if the other 40 or so parents whose kids die in their car each year (I'm assuming 40 is just the fatalities) had absolutely NO cue to remind them of their child. No pictures, thoughts, conversations, etc?

We have had multiple daycare providers leave kids on vans around here. Not just parents.

Thousands of scientists across generators have studied gravity. Thousands upon thousands of studies.

This guy has...himself. Degrees and education does not make this guys theory anything but his personal theory. I discount it, because he has marked himself the expert, and gone to no efforts to prove his theory reliably. IMO, he relies and banks on having cornered the market. Wouldn't be the first time a scientist did that.

Ross does not fit his theory, yet he's still gong to testify and will likely get paid thousands. That's suspect.

So I assume the state is bringing in a neuroscientist expert to counter Dr. D's research?

So I assume the state is bringing in a neuroscientist expert to counter Dr. D's research?

I would hope so.

Or, they could heavily question him on rebuttal, and the jury could use their common sense.

The lawyers in the case are choosing a location where Ross Harris's Hyundai Tucson will be parked outside the courthouse. The jury is expected to view the vehicle, with Cooper's child seat placed inside, tomorrow.

Judge Mary Staley Clark says the parties and the jury will meet at 8 a.m. tomorrow to view the SUV. She's talking about how the media's camera will be positioned and her prohibition that the camera not capture any member of the jury. She then directs the parties to work out the details during the court's lunch break.

The judge orders the jury brought in. Ross Harris stands, wearing a dark jacket, white shirt and a blue tie.

Maddox Kilgore, lead defense attorney, resumes his cross-examination of Stoddard.

I'll be posting updates from these links today:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-oct/zCtR2UTSpDjvLHUznmDZ7H/
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/460765362

Again, if you are looking for high quality, non-buffering, video to watch the trial live stream, click here for Fox 5 Atlanta's excellent coverage via youtube:

[video=youtube;PgYeporTUvs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgYeporTUvs[/video]

I would hope so.

Or, they could heavily question him on rebuttal, and the jury could use their common sense.

Hopefully he/she is working for free and is uncharismatic, since that seems to be a reason that some want to discount Diamond's research.

Hopefully he/she is working for free and is uncharismatic, since that seems to be a reason that some want to discount Diamond's research.

Getting paid is not inherently wrong. They are taking time from their lives. Most experts will be paid, especially those who have to travel. It's that he has a theory he doesn't bother to back up with any reliable scientific studies or research, and uses that theory to get paid. He comes out of the woodwork when someone is on trial or the first time a child dies in the car. In a decade he has done nothing to bolster his theory with studies. He just talks about what he feels and thinks and nothing else. I have great respect for science and scientists. I do not have respect for his theory and the way he has used it. He relies on his charisma to be convincing. It's that simple. IMO

We are obviously going to have to agree to disagree. Moving on.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago

#RossHarris - Wow, I expected cross exam of Stoddard to last longer. Kilgore is done, Boring up on redirect.

Apparently the hearsay rules are different for the prosecution.

I have no idea why, but for some reason Boring is growing on me. Maybe it's because my irritation over Stoddard is displacing my annoyance with Boring.

LOL I dont think Boring really understands what leading means

Why are people discounting Diamond's testimony before he has even testified? :shrug:

I don’t understand Forgotten Baby Syndrome, frankly, and am very much looking forward to hearing Dr. Diamond’s testimony on how it was possible for RH to have “forgotten” (or whatever) Cooper in a matter of seconds. IMO, providing a convincing enough explanation of how this could be is the biggest hurdle facing RH’s defense team.

Even if Dr. Diamond’s testimony is persuasive enough for jurors to believe it possible for RH to “forget” Cooper in those seconds, there remains, imo, this question of how it could be that RH’s memory (or whatever) wasn’t jolted by what very much seem, just using common sense, a number of cues that day that “should” have alerted RH.

Why those cues didn’t prompt RH is an entirely fair question, and one IMO Dr. Diamond will need to explain just as persuasively as RH being able to “forget” Cooper in the first place. That RH wasn’t prompted to remember (or whatever) is as counterintuitive as is his being able to forget him in the first place.

Since I am unpersuaded that RH intended to harm Cooper, at this point I’m assuming Dr. Diamond can answer those questions convincingly. If he can’t, I’ll be willing to put everything else aside (questions about the integrity of the State’s case) and reconsider the question of intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member