Trial - Ross Harris #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the 2nd part of Leanna on the stand, but what I've seen this far, she seems genuine. I still believe Ross did this on purpose, too many coincidences that day. Why on a hot day and not any other time? Why not forgot him at CFA? Also, just because he was a certain way in his marriage and in public, doesn't mean he didn't want Cooper gone. Look at other cases like the Green River Killer, I think that was the name. He had a family and I'm sure his family never knew his other side..

she saw all the warning signs and even went to the church and had software set so she (and their friend from the church) could monitor him.

So why didn't she divorce him a long time ago, why now?

I don't think she owes anyone an explanation, not one of which, even if she did provide one, would satisfy those who are determined to believe the worst of her.

What she did say on the stand was that she would have left him if she had known about him going to a prostitute ( much less his sexting with minors ) and that both her religion and her own childhood made her opposed to divorce.

I'm willing to guess that she would have divorced him earlier after Cooper's death, but knew if she did, it would be interpreted as her no longer believing it was an accident, making a fair trial for RH even more unlikely.

IMO it is an indication of her fundamental decency that no matter the host of reasons she has for not wanting anything to do with her ex, she is willing to do what she can to prevent him from being sent away for life for what she knows was an accident.

We don't want to have the thread shut down. Maybe scroll and roll? JMO

because he was paying? I guess underaged girls are ok in her book?

I think she testified that she did not know about the prostitutes or that he had sent genitalia pics..She did see 2 texts...one asking someone to send pics of *advertiser censored* and one just saying "hiya babe" or "hon" or something like that. She did know about the *advertiser censored*, but no evidence that she knew the girls were underage...I tend to believe that she would have left him if she had known the full extent of his actions...She said so herself. I think she was really in the dark about what was really going on with him.

I have such mixed emotions about Leanna's testimony. First, she surprised me this morning. She was more poised, well-spoken, and likable than I was expecting. I found her testimony to be credible and sincere for the most part. She seemed to be a mother struggling with the loss of her son. However, I don't see how any of this is relevant to the charges against Ross. She testified that he was absent-minded. She admitted that Ross had a "problem with *advertiser censored*" and sexting... even years ago. As the evidence has shown, none of those issues were properly addressed, and they have grown into serious criminal issues (sexting with minors). She testified that losing a child was a huge "irrational fear" of hers. This begs the question, "Why didn't either of them do one darn thing to prevent this from happening to them?" While I may have felt sympathy for LH this morning, she did nothing to change my opinion of Ross. In fact, she reinforced my opinion of him.

ETA - She also confirmed Ross was living a double life.

I hope someone asks her whether him texting her to ask when she was picking up Cooper was unusual. Also if she can see Cooper in the rear facing car seat when she drove the SUV.

I haven't seen the 2nd part of Leanna on the stand, but what I've seen this far, she seems genuine. I still believe Ross did this on purpose, too many coincidences that day. Why on a hot day and not any other time? Why not forgot him at CFA? Also, just because he was a certain way in his marriage and in public, doesn't mean he didn't want Cooper gone. Look at other cases like the Green River Killer, I think that was the name. He had a family and I'm sure his family never knew his other side..

Given what you've posted all along about being certain of RH's guilt, I'm especially interested to hear you thought Leanna sounded genuine.

Why can't you give the woman a break? First about her breasts, and now her marital decisions? She's not on trial here.

Fine, I'll wait for the State to ask those same questions.

Also why did she text him to get back to work. Did she know he was off task?

I probably sound like a broken record. For me, what stand out the most and just blows my mind is that JH went to breakfast, ate with Cooper, he interacted with Cooper. Buckled him in and forgot to turn towards daycare. It was an instant decision, wasn't 5 minutes down the road. It was right out of CFA. Cooper is buckled in by dad, next stop daycare.

I think Leanne has a personality of not showing emotion. I believe she was in shock. I feel really sad that she went home that night alone, I can't imagine the pain, and it probably didn't even hit her that much yet. I don't think she knew at all about JH. He truly lived a double life. And the Jury will see this, and possible put pieces together to show JH intentionally left Cooper in the car.

Based on what I'm reading here (I'm not watching video), I think the defense is using Leanna's testimony to show he did not kill Cooper on purpose.

I don't think her testimony is for the other charges, just the charge of deliberate murder.

If that is the case, I think her testimony was successful.

The other charges are still looming, imo.

jmo

she saw all the warning signs and even went to the church and had software set so she (and their friend from the church) could monitor him.

So why didn't she divorce him a long time ago, why now?

Just a wild guess, she found out about all the stuff we have found out and her child is dead. She did not realize how bad it was and that was continuing. Per testimony. But she didn't say that I have heard that she thinks he did it deliberately.

I have such mixed emotions about Leanna's testimony. First, she surprised me this morning. She was more poised, well-spoken, and likable than I was expecting. I found her testimony to be credible and sincere for the most part. She seemed to be a mother struggling with the loss of her son. However, I don't see how any of this is relevant to the charges against Ross. She testified that he was absent-minded. She admitted that Ross had a "problem with *advertiser censored*" and sexting... even years ago. As the evidence has shown, none of those issues have been properly addressed, and they have grown into serious criminal issues (sexting with minors). She testified that losing a child was a huge "irrational fear" of hers. This begs the questions, "Why didn't either of them do one darn thing to prevent this from happening to them?" While I may have felt sympathy for LH this morning, she did nothing to change my opinion of Ross. In fact, she reinforced my opinion of him.

The DT didn't put her on the stand for her to try to make Ross more likable. It would have insulted jurors, imo, if she even tried.

What she has already accomplished has been to give explanations for a number of things the State tried to make look suspicious, as well as to testify to such relevant points as whether or not Cooper fell asleep quickly in a car.

Who was in the courtroom? A male that State concerned about being in courtroom if going to be called.

And Stoddard didn't read her Miranda Rights? And she was a suspect and not told she was being recorded. :thinking:

A reminder that Leanna Taylor (F/K/A Harris) has not been charged with any crime.

She is a witness.

While many may not believe or appreciate her testimony, she has been charged with no crime and her son's death is the subject of this trial. Please refrain from bashing her.

It is fine to discuss if you do or do not find her a credible witness. It is fine to explain why you feel as you do. But seriously, some of what I have seen and removed from the previous thread was down right mean spirited.

Well Cooper was accidental. Prostitutes and cheating were deliberate.

Plus, I could see being unable to stay married to the man who accidentally killed their child.

JMO but accidental, malice or cruelty is for the jury to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState