Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have a link to video of the drive from CFA to HD? TIA

I think it would have been BEFORE the u-turn if he was worried at all about Cooper and having an accident. If he forgot Cooper. Doing a risky u-turn with a toddler is irresponsible IMO. But apparently RH was into risky behaviour.

Im not following what you're saying.

He did tell police he thought he took him to day care "I swore I did"

That will be the natural response to something like this. He can't very well say, "yeaaaahhhh...I had a feeling I didn't drop him off..." Even kids caught in insignificant lies pull that excuse: "I could have sworn I took out the trash / walked the dog / etc."

I would agree except that he was finishing up the conversation with the woman about unhappy he was about being married and having kids. Mr. Boring pointed that out earlier in the State's case.

I always thought that long period of sitting in the car was him saying goodbye to Cooper. :(

True. Even if what I said was the case many things should have triggered him. mo

That will be the natural response to something like this. He can't very well say, "yeaaaahhhh...I had a feeling I didn't drop him off..." Even kids caught in insignificant lies pull that excuse: "I could have sworn I took out the trash / walked the dog / etc."

Just noting that he did say it.

He sounded totally confused when he said it, as well.

Im not following what you're saying.

If he forgot Cooper, it would have been before making the u-turn.Too risky to knowingly do with a toddler int the car if he was worried about accidents.

Here are the distractions as put forth by the DT:

1) The U-turn, which is illegal I might add
2) Work stress
3) Fatigue

What is glaringly missing from this list?
1) Ross's conscious decision to text and sext his day away

I have so much else to say, but I don't have the time. Eagerly awaiting cross.

ETA - There is a reason that U-turn is illegal!! If Ross left the CFA parking lot in a manner that allowed for a legal left turn (rather than the U-turn) he would not have been distracted by that U-turn. Another bad conscious decision by Ross.

It was an illegal turn?? I didn't realize that! I thought it wasn't literally the only way he could go.

Eh, this guy lost me now. He is not prepared enough on the facts of the case to apply his theory with confidence.

Has it always been illegal Peach? For some reason I was thinking I had read here at the time it was legal. (they are illegal here, but there are places in Texas on visits I was afraid I was going to be killed people doing U turns out of no where)

Maybe there's still time for the State to tack on charges of violating a manufacturer's car seat specifications, and of child endangerment for making that U-turn. :D

If he forgot Cooper, it would have been before making the u-turn.Too risky to knowingly do with a toddler int the car if he was worried about accidents.

Nah, I don't agree. He would have made that u-turn whether going to work or to day care.

The thing is, by the timeline, it doesn't appear that Ross was texting between leaving CFA and arriving at Tree House.

One could argue his mind could have been on those conversations, but that helps the defense more than the prosecution.

The timeline appears to show Ross texting at the red light when he should have been turning to go to LAA. The three texts at 9:24.xx were made between when Ross left CFA and pulled into the Tree House.

Arkansasmimi, that U-turn was illegal in 2014. I cannot say it has always been illegal, but it was at the time of Cooper's death. 100% confident.

It was an illegal turn?? I didn't realize that! I thought it wasn't literally the only way he could go.

Not at all. He had two legal ways to leave CFA - one at a traffic light and one without a light. It would gave been a simple left turn instead of a U-turn.

Nah, I don't agree. He would have made that u-turn whether going to work or to day care.

OK . The witness seems to think the u-turn could have been distracting enough to cause him to forget Cooper. But if there was a near miss, it would have made him think omg I could have smashed up the car and Cooper could have been injured. That's why he strapped him in so tightly according to RH himself.

The timeline appears to show Ross texting at the red light when he should have been turning to go to LAA. The three texts at 9:24.xx were made between when Ross left CFA and pulled into the Tree House.

Arkansasmimi, that U-turn was illegal in 2014. I cannot say it has always been illegal, but it was at the time of Cooper's death. 100% confident.

Thankya!

That plus the small confines of the car, which the jury saw, are problematic for the defense

IMO, that might depend on whether or not jurors believe Cooper's head was necessarily visible from the front seat. The carseat, no matter it's proximity to RH, was always there. Not a cue. To see the seat was not necessarily to see Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg