Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Background noise is measuring how acute your senses are and not connected directly to memory. It is not a distraction, it's an environmental condition. This guy is a joke. JMO

Cross should be interesting

I thought this Dr was smart, but who tries to watch tv while someone is vacuuming...

I know! If his experimental design uses noise as a factor, I would throw out all of his studies as invalid and not measuring memory or attention.LMAO.

I almost feel sorry for this guy. He seems like a genuinely nice person, he's academically decorated, but he's sitting on the stand telling everyone what they already know, and what has already been discussed ad nauseum here. Sometimes I see him making little faces and I wonder if he doesn't want to be there.

This will be helpful, I can tell my husband about my attention failure why I didn't clean but thought I did.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@RossHarrisTrial 1m1 minute ago
Expert says a phone call could be a source of distraction that leads to memory failure. #HotCarDeath http://2wsb.tv/2ffKWeS

testimony continued:

There are two different types distraction – both external and internal.

External is what is happening in the outside world, such as loud noises. When it comes to internal, think about having an argument with a friend or family member. Afterward, you may continue to play that conversation over and your head.

“You’re having these thoughts that keep interfering with your ability to concentrate,” Brewer said.

He creates studies to test how distractions affect people’s prospective memory – achieve the goals they had planned on meeting.

“Distractions hurt prospective memory,” he said.

A phone call is a good example of an external distraction, Brewer said.

I' not buying this guy's testimony if he's going to say that any ONE of these distractions (driving, cup from Chik-Fil-A, sexting, briefcase, make sure he takes the keys out of the ignition, make sure he locks the door behind him) are distractions that kept him from remembering to drop off Cooper. That's ridiculous.

I didn't remember to eat breakfast because my husband was vacuuming lol.

testimony continued:

Fatigue is another thing that has a negative impact on attention and memory.

“Anything that causes some type of physical toll or mental toll, you’re probably not tip-top,” Brewer said.

You need both memory and attention to achieve prospective memory -- those goals you plan on achieving.

Prospective memory may be as small as putting an attachment on an email to a longer-term goal of meeting a new health routine.

Holloway said defense has three experts to testify

Is anyone confused about the airplane analogy? I can't remember any recent news story where an airplane crashes because the landing gear wasn't put down.

another tweet from another source:

Brewer says if you aren't concentrating or paying extra attention, basically going into autopilot, its very easy to slip into routine behavior.

Brewer says internal and external distractions can lead to memory failure. "We do know that when people are distracted, they have more prospective memory failures."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/463541811

____

dropping Cooper off was routine.

String around a finger?

How about text from wife, email from day care, a flash of red from Cooper's car seat, pictures on desk/computer, text about Cooper with strange women.

No cues there?

Or how about the biggest cue of all - talking about escaping your son only moments before leaving him the car to die?

What a quack. Background noise is an environmental condition? Ok then, it shouldn't factor in to anything that happened that day because he was in HIS car, at at HIS favorite restaurant, went to HIS office. These are all things that RH was used to. Nothing was different that day except for RH's conscious decision to go to work instead of the daycare.

He's using the shoe in the back seat cue. He's explaining why he believes it is an effective cue in detail, including how walking without a shoe will give signals about not having a shoe on. lol

"Distraction promotes thinking errors." That is precisely why JRH should not have been consciously engaging in distracting behavior. This has been studied so the risks should have been known to Ross.

ETA - I hope that on cross the State asks him about the known risks of internal and external distraction. I would then ask his opinion of taking those risks while another person's care has been entrusted to you. Would you consider thst risky behavior?

When he dropped his daughter off at school but then forgot to take his 2 year old son to daycare, that fireman in Florida was likely preoccupied thinking about the exam he had to go home to study for.

Should he be convicted of murder, or does he get a pass because he was distracted by more acceptable thoughts? Is thinking about sexting a thought crime, then? If that's even what he was doing?

String around a finger?

How about text from wife, email from day care, a flash of red from Cooper's car seat, pictures on desk/computer, text about Cooper with strange women.

No cues there?

He also had lunch right by CFA within sight of LAA. Sometimes he visited Cooper while on his lunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal