Trial - Ross Harris #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously! I was counting on this trial to get me through the month of November. My boyfriend comes home from his deployment to Kuwait sometime between Nov 29 and Dec. 2. He's been gone since since February but the last few weeks are going to be the longest I think! I needed this to distract me!

That is so EXCITING. You must be on pins and needles. :loveyou:

Yes, I agree that cuts against the defense.

On the other hand we have to consider what is reasonable as far as expectations for protecting against this or any kind of tragedy. For example, every parent knows that that there is a risk to their child every time they drive with their child in the car ... It is a known and foreseeable risk. But do we expect parents to never allow their children to ride in a car because it exposes them to the risk of serious harm or death? No, that would be unreasonable.

I'm guessing that it was more a fear of Leanna's than of RH's, that he told LE it was a fear of his to communicate- hey, I cared about this possibility (and in telling them that, tripped himself up, it would seem) or....he really did have that fesr, and he really did typically check, but was too sleep deprived that day to function fully (including at work) and ....forgot.

RBBM, Whether Dr. Diamond will or will not testify is only people speculating on here and on other social media. We have no factual information to this. Will have to wait for trial to begin in the morning. Also whether he does or does not, WE will not know who decision it is unless, in case if if he did not, either Def or Dr. Diamond speak to media about it. Otherwise just speculation and rumor. JMHO

We will collectively find out tomorrow..BUT Dr. D. by DT suggesting finishing by Lunch tomorrow sorta tells the tale. I will reserve until tomorrow..the "Told you so" ...Keep the faith :scared:

Sorry as a person who worked both 8 and 12 hours shifts..both with only 45 minute breaks(8 hour shift) and 12 hour shifts with 1.25 hour breaks , which we never got due to demands....

Anyway..Poor Ross arrives to work 930 Am after breakfast with son..then tweets/and spends most the morning sexting and blogging..Go to lunch for over an hour..buys light bulbs..goes back in to work desk and leaves EARLY??? ..and You expect me to rationalize a stressful day ( or any day for this loafer)..and as described..it seems that was usual day..Home Depot was layed back..no strict hours... Talk about taking advantage!!

So during work hours he spent over 50% meeting his personal needs..takes his hour lunches..then leaves early..and You expect me to think he was stressed?

Please..Ross has absolutely no idea what "Workplace" stress is..Working 12+ hours in my day..with no breaks other than going to BR..often meant..because Other lives depended on us...So never complained..however..I as a Charge Nurse would put in for overtime due to that for my staff ...Working that extra hour or so..unpaid wasn't fair..BUT not a one nurse ever complained they were STRESSED..TIred..sure..and Not a one left early..nor spent time emailing, blogging or gossiping on the job!!

I guess, I'm old fashion...BUT claiming stress at work ( which has never been testified to BTW from witnesses) is beyond me..and BTW never earned above 57,000 a year either.. Ross is an empty vessel..earned $$ way beyond his worth..and took advantage of everything he could to meet his personal needs...THAT is more and more evident!!

Our daughter just started nursing school. I'll be very proud if she works as hard as you do.
Ross seemed to have a pretty cushy job but he managed to f it up because he'd rather chase tail

Another article

GORDO, Alabama — A long-time friend of the Georgia father who left his toddler son in a hot car to die says that the man now charged with murder was a popular guy who liked being the center of attention — but noted "I hope he gets what's coming to him" if he did it on purpose.

Ben McRea, 33, has been close friend of Justin Ross Harris, also 33, since they were in high school together, and he was a groomsman at his wedding. The two men met when McRea was about 15 years old, after his parents moved from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

"He was just a great and outgoing personality. He always liked being the center of attention. He was the Ferris Bueller of Tuscaloosa."

McRea said he was partly responsible for setting up Harris and his wife Leanna, who just retained a lawyer herself, although she has not been charged in the case and police have not named her as a suspect.

"We would never have dreamed he'd be capable of doing these things. He seemed like a loyal husband. He seemed like a good father," said McRea.

He said that the thing he doesn't understand is, in the context of Harris being obsessed with and knowledgeable about computers, how such evidence of online searches and social media accounts even exists.

"That boy knew how to clear his history — that boy knows how to cover his tracks — did he want all that to come out?"
"I got mad," when he first heard the new evidence about his cheating, "Because I wasn't just Ross' friend, I cared about Leanna too it just blows my mind. I didn't see him as the cheating type."
Ironically, McRea said, he and and the Harrises fell out of friendship because of cheating. A mutual friend had been cheating on her husband, also a friend of theirs, and McRea knew. Leanna wanted him to tell the friend, but he didn't. They stopped being close around the fall of 2010.

On June 19th, the day after his birthday, McRea was driving to meet up with his parents at a local Olive Garden restaurant. He got a Facebook message from a mutual friend that said "Have you seen this?" It was a link to a story about Ross. "I had to pull over, and I just cried like a baby." At the restaurant, he said he was extremely upset. "I said, 'Momma, Ross killed his baby. Momma, Ross killed his baby. How? How?"

"Please God," he said he begged, "tell me he didn't leave him in the car. Tell me this wasn't on purpose."

He said he's been watching TV all the time to hear of news on the case. "As more stuff comes out I just look over at my roommate and I say, How did he become this monster? What happened?"

“There's so many questions running through my mind that I want answers to, just like everybody else ... If this was on purpose, I hope he gets what's coming to him. And if she (Leanna)" knows anything about it, I hope she's right there with him." http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...-dad-he-was-ferris-bueller-tuscaloosa-n153156

^^^^^^^^ So This friend and RH/LH had not been friends or close since 2010. He would not know anything about RH since then. Something the State has tried to point out repeatedly. He would not be a good witness to either side JMHO

Yep. That was the original betrayal. He was immediately cast out by RH's and LH's circle of (very protective) friends, and has been ostracized by them ever since . I have a feeling he blames Ross for that too.

The defense was very vague. They planned to call one witness tomorrow and then potentially add a couple minor witnesses. In any event the defense planned to be done with their witnesses by lunch.

Yes this is what I understood, potentially anyways.

Doesn't it seem odd that Dr Diamond would be off the stand by lunchtime? With 50 slides and a vigorous cross ? Surprising.

I think Dr. Brewer was used as advance man to lay down some of the most basic territory Diamond would otherwise have had to cover. I imagine the DT wants to deprive the State, as much as possible, of opportunities to chip away at Diamond's credibility.

Placement matters....It is only an illusion that the car seat was right at RH elbows as some say. It was not pushed up between the front seats. Notice how the car seat sits UP not lay down as the incorrect photos that Grimstead took prior. These are from 6/18/2014 at the Crime Scene Shed. EXCEPT the first one, it was 7/8/14 at the Hot Car temature reconstruction. NOTICE the car seat is manipulate with incorrect setting, same as 7/2/14 - Grimstead testified he left the car seat inside the car that day when done<<<ross harris cs hot car reconstruction.jpg

6/18/14 orig placement.

ross harris cs 6 18 14 grimstead 1.JPG

ross harris cs 6 18 14 grimstead 2.JPG

ross harris cs 6 18 14 grimstead 5.JPG

car seat June 18 2014.JPG

No, we don't expect them to not ride in the car. But laws have tightened considerably, and children absolutely have to be restrained safely in moving vehicles, from baby seats to booster seats. When I was at my Aunt's, I remember seeing a polaroid of my grandfather holding me in his lap when I was a tiny baby, in the back seat of my parents car. My older toddler brother, standing up on the seat beside him, no problems, no belt. 62 years ago, lol.

One would not expect the parents not to drive them in a car, but they are expected to stay sober and buckle very one up safely. And if someone has knowledge of babies being left in hot cars, and they actively discuss it, comment about it online, then I'd think they would take some kind of REASONABLE steps to prevent it from happening to them. jmo
OT-
Your posts are so spunky that for years I've pictured you being around 24 years old. Imagine my surprise when you mentioned that you were around 62 years ago!

On topic kinda- I remember crawling around my mom's hatchback during road trips while playing Barbies. It's amazing how times have changed. Now I'd be safely ensconced in a car/booster seat surrounded by airbags while occupied by a tablet of some sort.

Placement matters....It is only an illusion that the car seat was right at RH elbows as some say. It was not pushed up between the front seats. Notice how the car seat sits UP not lay down as the incorrect photos that Grimstead took prior. These are from 6/18/2014 at the Crime Scene Shed. EXCEPT the first one, it was 7/8/14 at the Hot Car temature reconstruction. NOTICE the car seat is manipulate with incorrect setting, same as 7/2/14 - Grimstead testified he left the car seat inside the car that day when done<<<View attachment 104066

6/18/14 orig placement.

View attachment 104062

View attachment 104063

View attachment 104064

View attachment 104065

Looks like the top of the car seat is just inches away from him when he is driving. And he already admitted that he was able to see Cooper out of the corner of his eyes when he looked out the right side window. So there's that...

Looks like the top of the car seat is just inches away from him when he is driving. And he already admitted that he was able to see Cooper out of the corner of his eyes when he looked out the right side window. So there's that...

Not when he looked out the right side window - when he turned his head all the way to the right to look behind him to change lanes

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
Does it matter really..He came across as someone who repeated his and Dr. D's hypothesis..BUT DT didn't give them ALL evidence... I would never blame him ..regardless of his testimonial experience....It appears even Dr. D. refuses to testify now that his understudy was crucified on the stand today..But have to hand it to him..He was responding honestly..however.. redirect he did actually agree with Kilgore ( oppositely to his cross answers )

Maybe I'm just old..But do appreciate a nice looking young man when I see 'em!!
Today, 09:56 PM#135 arkansasmimi http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320660-Trial-Ross-Harris-8&p=12910355#post12910355
RBBM, Whether Dr. Diamond will or will not testify is only people speculating on here and on other social media. We have no factual information to this. Will have to wait for trial to begin in the morning. Also whether he does or does not, WE will not know who decision it is unless, in case if if he did not, either Def or Dr. Diamond speak to media about it. Otherwise just speculation and rumor. JMHO
We will collectively find out tomorrow..BUT Dr. D. by DT suggesting finishing by Lunch tomorrow sorta tells the tale. I will reserve until tomorrow..the "Told you so" ...Keep the faith :scared:

RBBM Which is it? .It appears even Dr. D. refuses to testify now that his understudy was crucified on the stand today..<< Stated as if it were a FACT? or "We will collectively find out tomorrow..BUT Dr. D. by DT suggesting finishing by Lunch tomorrow sorta tells the tale. I will reserve until tomorrow..the "Told you so" ...Keep the faith :scared: <This is just your opinion. Your trying to have it both ways JMHO. As I wrote in my post you quoted "Whether Dr. Diamond will or will not testify is only people speculating on here and on other social media. We have no factual information to this. Will have to wait for trial to begin in the morning." So Not sure where your "told you so" comes from. That would appear you would know a fact not yet know by anyone except the Defense. JMHO

That is so EXCITING. You must be on pins and needles. :loveyou:

I literally cannot wait! We were great friends for two years before we finally realized we really care about each other and wanted togerher ...a month before he left. So it was all very new and exciting but so darn comfortable when he left so I just want him home again. Until then it's Websleuths and Barre3 classes for me!

It does not legally prohibit him from testifying. But it makes it very difficult because once you take the stand the State can discuss anything that is related to the case and the charges. So they can make him talk about the sexting minors and the hooker and the side of the road bj's...etc etc...

If the charges were separated, most likely, that stuff would be prohibited because of it's prejudicial value. So he would be able to take the stand in this trial and only talk about 'forgetting' and not have to talk about the sexting etc.

But I think it is better for the jury to get the entire picture and total context of the timeline for the incident. I think it goes to the question of negligence.

I agree with you. I think he is going to be found guilty on those charges for sure. I am sure the defense knows this. I honestly do not think it would do him any good to testify on his behalf - in fact I think it's more likely to hurt him. I just agree with other posters that I would want to hear from him if his defense is that was a tragic accident...
I know they are not supposed to consider the fact he didn't testify, but still...lets be real.
I am at least satisfied that he will not get out anytime soon. IMO he intentionally did this - but just not sure 12 people will agree it is beyond a reasonable doubt and I can understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only refer you back to the interview with Stoddard to hear what RH said.

Also, in reviewing my notes, from the car seat to the front dash is 2ft 2 1/2 inches.
***When Grimstead was recalled after they did the RESCAN due to Grimstead not putting all the measurements in his 2nd report...
1st was 6/18/14
2nd was 7/1/14 (did not use the 2ft 6/12 or 2ft 7 1/2 inches both were stated- from bottom of rear floor to top part of the red car seat)
3rd was 10/1516 & 10/16/16..... HE DID NOT PUT IN THIS REPORT the measurements from the back of passenger seat to the edge of the car seat!! which was 3 1/2 inches he testified to. This whole testimony from this CSI/Det is so jacked up JMHO So there's that

Placement matters....It is only an illusion that the car seat was right at RH elbows as some say. It was not pushed up between the front seats. Notice how the car seat sits UP not lay down as the incorrect photos that Grimstead took prior. These are from 6/18/2014 at the Crime Scene Shed. EXCEPT the first one, it was 7/8/14 at the Hot Car temature reconstruction. NOTICE the car seat is manipulate with incorrect setting, same as 7/2/14 - Grimstead testified he left the car seat inside the car that day when done<<<View attachment 104066

6/18/14 orig placement.

View attachment 104062

View attachment 104063

View attachment 104064

View attachment 104065

The placement doesn't matter... the seat is as in his face as it could have possibly been. There is no way to not see that in the peripheral vision, even when glancing over and checking the side mirror.

That said: some questions... Is the first picture the one that was taken in July? And the rest are from the day Cooper died? Ultimately I think that the seat is not installed correctly in ANY of those photos. I have a Chicco infant seat in my garage and it most definitely does not sit up at that high of an angle like it is in all but the top photo. But it isn't secured tightly with the LATCH connectors in the top photo which makes it appear to be laying down too much (gravity pulling it backwards?). The seat is supposed to sit more reclined like it is in the top photo. It is for newborn babies starting at 5 lbs. An angle as steep as it is in the rest of those photos would cause the infant's head to fall forward and potentially cut off its airway... It almost looks like the seat is installed wrong in all but the top photos to accommodate the need for the front seat to be all the way back. Either that or it is resting ON the base not in the base, as if someone maybe started taking it out to get Cooper out but stopped and undid the straps instead. It just doesn't look like it should IMO, but I'm also super tired and don't have my glasses on LOL. Google photos of "Chicco Keyfit 30 installed" and perhaps you'll see what I'm talking about. Unless my eyes are tricking me LOL.

ETA: I also think it is strange that they either removed or some how forced the shade / cover thing (that goes over the top half) out of the way, which they did because he was so long. That was a clear sign to them he was too big, even though LH claimed she didn't know his height.

I agree with you. I think he is going to be found guilty on those charges for sure. I am sure the defense knows this. I honestly do not think it would do him any good to testify on his behalf - in fact I think it's more likely to hurt him. I just agree with other posters that I would want to hear from him if his defense is that was a tragic accident...
I know they are not supposed to consider the fact he didn't testify, but still...lets be real.
I am at least satisfied that he will not get out anytime soon. IMO he intentionally did this - but just not sure 12 people will agree it is beyond a reasonable doubt and I can understand that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter the verdict, the Defense hands have been tied, time and time again by the Judge's rulings. Something the Defense has time and time again gotten put on the record. The whole SW fiasco on multiple issues. Those issues also go toward the charges stemming from the SW to phone. Fruit of the poisonous tree... This won't be over for a long time. JMHO And there is no telling to what amount will be the cost to taxpayers, let alone everyone else involved. Personally I expect it to all be by the book. If they had solid case, then no need to fudge on multiple things and make out right false statements. It really is embarrassing to the CCPD jmho

Doesn't it seem odd that Dr Diamond would be off the stand by lunchtime? With 50 slides and a vigorous cross ? Surprising.

IIRC, Kilgore said they would be done, ;) not that the witness would. And as we know on other witnesses the State had, just because they thought it was going to be *advertiser censored* amount of time, some proved to not go that way. So again we shall see. JMHO

The placement doesn't matter... the seat is as in his face as it could have possibly been. There is no way to not see that in the peripheral vision, even when glancing over and checking the side mirror.

That said: some questions... Is the first picture the one that was taken in July? And the rest are from the day Cooper died? Ultimately I think that the seat is not installed correctly in ANY of those photos. I have a Chicco infant seat in my garage and it most definitely does not sit up at that high of an angle like it is in all but the top photo. But it isn't secured tightly with the LATCH connectors in the top photo which makes it appear to be laying down too much (gravity pulling it backwards?). The seat is supposed to sit more reclined like it is in the top photo. It is for newborn babies starting at 5 lbs. An angle as steep as it is in the rest of those photos would cause the infant's head to fall forward and potentially cut off its airway... It almost looks like the seat is installed wrong in all but the top photos to accommodate the need for the front seat to be all the way back. Either that or it is resting ON the base not in the base, as if someone maybe started taking it out to get Cooper out but stopped and undid the straps instead. It just doesn't look like it should IMO, but I'm also super tired and don't have my glasses on LOL. Google photos of "Chicco Keyfit 30 installed" and perhaps you'll see what I'm talking about. Unless my eyes are tricking me LOL.

ETA: I also think it is strange that they either removed or some how forced the shade / cover thing (that goes over the top half) out of the way, which they did because he was so long. That was a clear sign to them he was too big, even though LH claimed she didn't know his height.

The only thing I can tell you is the 1st one - one with the yellow arrow was placed in the car 7/2/14 using incorrect measurements and not removed by CSI Grimstead testimony. **This is the angle they put the doll in to make it where the dolls head "over the top of the car seat" as Stoddard testified. >>> not my opinion but from Testimony.

The other 4 are SS it took from CSI Grimstead video from 6/18/14 at the Crime Scene Shed when he executed the SW on the SUV.

They are in different positions. And as to the angle of the SS, again you would have to go back to the video put into evidence to see more. JMHO

Shade was behind the car seat. Folded down.

ETA: RBBM, very possible that RH did try to take out as you explained, being frantic to get him out. IIRC Anthony P spoke about getting in the drivers seat and about RH trying to remove Cooper. Would have to go back and listen to his testimony. *we do not know what the actual report says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman