Trial - Ross Harris #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's been detained, handcuffed, had his phone with evidence of a crime on it seized, been driven to the police station and is being questioned about his son's death by a suspicious Stoddstd, and he decides to make LE's job easier by offering up, unilaterally, the beginning of his premeditated plan to murder his son?

That would be keeping in the personality that Leanna, friends, and family have testified to. The part of his personality they claimed to know well, at least. IMO

I'm listening to post-testimony proceedings, and I gotta say it makes me nervous when a lawyer has to ask what "reckless" means.

I almost want to hand him a dictionary, or better yet have JRH google it for him since he's good at that.

Words have meaning, right? Right? :facepalm:

Boy, I could make a very long list due to my profession~~ ER RN that received so many accidents involving children..and one evening..got notice of accident and young teens in that van will be coming to our Trauma unit..Of course my first thought was about my own younger teens..and as Charge nurse..I was the one who had to triage them as they arrived...I approached a team member ( senior staff) and asked them to do the triage just incase one of my boys was a victim!! SO kept out of the way..held my breath caring for replacement's patients..and got the thumbs up before I once again took over!! I did see one kid..wheeled in by paramedics..strapped onto backboard and ted/upper body mobilizing rig..and the profile sure looked my my eldest...Talk about having heart palpitations!! That thumbs up sure was a true relief :happy dance:

Hot car death's aren't that common up here in our parts...but during winter CO deaths when people get caught in blizzards or horrific snow storms!!! Faulty emissions entering car space when heater running. Most cars now have ability to circulate air from outside that has made a huge drop in those numbers BTW~~

One thing I never did even think about tho was kidnapping..why, I don't know..maybe because I'm so old..that it was just something that was so rare..it never haunted me as a priority. Being a parent has enough other things to worry about I guess! I too was brought with out seat belts, care seats ??? what were they?? then with my own kids.. Car Seats doubled as carrying units but NOW..Safety measures for babies and youngsters has been regulated..just like helmets legislation for bike riders.. Times have changed..education about it is so available online to anyone who choses to LEARN. No excuses for not taking precautions and double check everything!!

I really wonder how us Old Foggies ever survived without all these rules and regulations!!

My fears are seasonal- all summer I worry about brain and flesh eating amoebas and in the winter I worry about ice and my kids after school care van getting into an accident.
My year round fear is kidnapping...my kids are suckers for the lost puppy story

Is anyone still listening? They just mentioned charge 9. What's the new charge?

The discussions surrounding negligence sound exactly like this forum.

Well, I get a great ruling on support retroactivity, bad one on on-going support, neutral on child custody, good one on property, unjust one on discovery sanctions which should have been awarded to my client and that's probably appealable. She's pissed off but I'm happy we were done by 12!!! And despite not agreeing with some of the rulings, I liked the judge.

But I'm damned shocked diamond isn't testifying! Anyone know why not? That's stunning.

Nope but The board is rife with speculation...

The guilty group thinks DR D doesn't want to ruin his reputation on an obviously guilty defendant

The not guilty group thinks DT either couldn't afford him (giggle) or he had a scheduling conflict

Is anyone still listening? They just mentioned charge 9. What's the new charge?

The discussions surrounding negligence sound exactly like this forum.

I knew they'd be battling over these Criminal Negligence charge statements. The case can be won or lost right here.

They never call diamond
Nope and neither is Ross

Wow. That's bad for Ross's case. But I must say it tells me something about how Diamond feels about the case. I felt it didn't compare to those that he's testified on in the past.

I knew they'd be battling over these Criminal Negligence charge statements. The case can be won or lost right here.

I am but to be honest it's starting to sound like golf on tv...I'm doing the nod

Doh quoted wrong post...question posed was is anyone still listening in

After I had children, I quickly realised that I couldn't trust my husband to take care of our children, in the same way I did. He was easily distracted by whatever else he was doing & didn't seem to take childcare 'seriously'. I had to check up on him all the time.

One afternoon I arrived home from work ( only 3 hours per week) to find police there. Our 2 yr old son had been missing for 20-30minutes & was eventually found in a neighbours house ( unharmed). He turned up on their doorstep, stark naked, & the neighbour's 8 yr old daughter was reading him a story, oblivious to the commotion next door.

My husband is a doctor.
I think he felt that childcare was a mother's job & beneath him!

I divorced him.
My four children are alive & well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This!

If LH truly though this could happen (due to Ross's lack of focus while caring for Cooper) to the point that it was her biggest fear, you'd think she'd, for the safety of their son, change to a daycare nearest their house or to her work, or make some other arrangement, so that Ross does ZERO child transport. It's not impossible. Single mothers and fathers figure out logistics like this all the time.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so glad your kids are ok! :hug:

Nope but The board is rife with speculation...

The guilty group thinks DR D doesn't want to ruin his reputation on an obviously guilty defendant

The not guilty group thinks DT either couldn't afford him (giggle) or he had a scheduling conflict

No way would a defense expert that key to the case miss due to a scheduling conflict. And they knew his price when they put him on tbe witness list. He would've been the most important witness for Ross of all. I would've told his family to mortgage their homes to pay for him.

Sorry, but I am having a brain f@rt right now.. Isn't there another case pending for Ross after this one...I can't for the life of me recall what it is :facepalm: Orrrrr Am I recalling a different case altogether??? Could someone kindly clarify for me..TYIA!! :gaah:

OHHHH...The DT was trying to get a lesser included MISDEMEANOR negligent manslaughter added....Judge said :denied:

It just dawned on me that if RH knew that his house of cards double life was starting to crack then that would be his motive. (In his words he loved his side life) So was CH's death just about not having to pay inevitable child support and have a custody dispute? I mean parents have killed over this. If he was planning an accidental death he only had a brief period of time in which to attempt such a thing. I think LH was only weeks away from finding out about all of his deeds. If she knew about his affairs she would have divorced him right then. Work was likely getting exasperated at him slipping. Something that really really bugged me was when LH said "What about your job?" He was at the police station and they had just found out their child was dead.

Sorry, but I am having a brain f@rt right now.. Isn't there another case pending for Ross after this one...I can't for the life of me recall what it is :facepalm: Orrrrr Am I recalling a different case altogether??? Could someone kindly clarify for me..TYIA!! :gaah:

More sexting with minors. 8 counts I believe. Court chatter has them on their front page I think. I'll go look because I think I just saw it..

Link to charges:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_dea5702bbc3849178f39bc063c0bc78f.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard texting while driving but didn't catch what it was in reference to

Details, details . ;)

I made the mistake and later clarified. I stepped away from the recording and when I came back, I thought they were talking to her at her door. (Which was kindly clarified for me by another poster.) Not everyone is trying to contort what is said.

No way would a defense expert that key to the case miss due to a scheduling conflict. And they knew his price when they put him on tbe witness list. He would've been the most important witness for Ross of all. I would've told his family to mortgage their homes to pay for him.

And get this: the defense is going to pay upwards of 40k plus for a computer forensic expert that didn't have LE experience and didn't even produce a report for court.

Weighing the options I think the defense would have spent the 40k for Diamond rather than Moulton if cost were an issue. IMO

Now that I realized this woman has been a judge for over thirty years---makes me more confident in her judicial rulings.

Did I just hear the judge say she will do some research into a lesser included charge of death by motor vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801