Trial Thread 4/19/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Mother had an Iphone, they're very different from Blackberrys. Blackberrys have qwerty keyboards and are more difficult to use for someone who doesn't have one.

Also, you can't take the battery out of an Iphone

Bye, bye reasonable doubt......

Pretty difficult to refute all the physical evidence in this case. Pretty much all of it corroborates TLM's story.

JMO

Who cares when his phone is off? What is the ACTIVITY showing from his phone. JMO

RaffertyLFP: Wilton is shown a log of Rafferty BBMs on April 8 and asked if there were any delayed messages.

RaffertyLFP: Wilton said there was a delay in delivery just after midnight on the 8th

On April 8th, 2009, Wilton says Rafferty's blackberry had some messages delivered at 12:49 am.

Derstines question to Wilton was if there were any delays in receiving BBMs on April 8. Wilton says yes ... just before one o`clock in the morning there were delays in receiving BBMs .... so pre-abduction. Wilton did not indicate that there were any additional delays during that 24 hour period.

Wilton goes on to note that the delays were only for a few seconds each time .... BBMs are usually pretty instantaneous ... so comparatively speaking there was a delay in the receipt of the instant message.

Noting that he did not say that there were any further delays noted ... to my mind that means that either the phone`s battery was NOT pulled during those 24 hours OR there is some substance to the battery in MRs phone not holding a charge.

ie if my battery is depleted, I will not receive BBMs until it is sufficiently charged.

JMO

Who cares when his phone is off? What is the ACTIVITY showing from his phone. JMO

I'm curious to know his cell habits over a good period of time. I would bet it doesn't show a gap like this one.

Bye, bye reasonable doubt......

Pretty difficult to refute all the physical evidence in this case. Pretty much all of it corroborates TLM's story.

JMO

I'm hoping the jury understands all of this. *sigh* I was so confused with the tweets. Hopefully, it was a lot clearer in court.

Now that I'm reading the recaps from the various media sites, I'm getting it but I didn't when the tweets were coming through.

I'm curious to know his cell habits over a good period of time. I would bet it doesn't show a gap like this one.

Was thinking the same thing, they probably have shown the jury the comparison but with the tweets it's hard to know.

It's true, I get it, the lack of activity from a cellphone addict like him is as telling as the activity coming from it. JMO

Who is this woman CS who MR was BBMing like crazy on the same day Tori is dead? JMO

Rafferty was messaging with a woman named Charity S on April 8th. More than 2 dozen messages.

That sure appears to be desperate messaging...or obsessive stalking like behavior. jmo

He sure took his time looking on Lane's profile

perhaps that is what he did, studied them & gathered information...

Lamber Royakkers descibes Stalking: is a form of mental assault, in which the perpetrator repeatedly, unwantedly, and disruptively breaks into the life-world of the victim, with whom they have no relationship (or no longer have). Moreover, the separated acts that make up the intrusion cannot by themselves cause the mental abuse, but do taken together (cumulative effect)."

In this instance, it was a 7:47 p.m. voice call from Mr. Rafferty’s BlackBerry, connecting with a tower near Mount Forest, close to where Tori’s body was eventually found, that first pointed detectives in that direction.
The other 11 calls – six voice calls, five data calls – showed that after leaving Woodstock that afternoon he was next in the Guelph area, where he and Ms. McClintic allegedly bought a hammer, garbage bags and drugs.
From there he headed north toward the small towns of Arthur, Fergus and Mount Forest, the records show.
After allegedly murdering Tori, he and Ms. McClintic then headed back south again and returned to Woodstock, which Ms. McClintic estimated was between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news... RSS/Atom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739

I'm hoping the jury understands all of this. *sigh* I was so confused with the tweets. Hopefully, it was a lot clearer in court.

Now that I'm reading the recaps from the various media sites, I'm getting it but I didn't when the tweets were coming through.

I will forever now be concerned about a jury not understanding their role.

During that time period, there was a gap of roughly 45 minutes, from 4:18 p.m. to 5:03 p.m. when it can be shown that the BlackBerry was switched off, Mr. Broad agreed under cross-examination by Mr. Rafferty’s lawyer, Dirk Derstine.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/phone-records-link-rafferty-to-route-allegedly-taken-on-day-of-toris-disappearance-trial-hears/article2407739/?utm_medium=Feeds%3A%20RSS%2FAtom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2407739

So this corresponds to the part of the drive from Woodstock to Guelph Home Depot. What was his phone doing from 3:34 pm to 4:18 pm? JMO

We are missing an incredible amount.

But, that is okay.

LE has a vast amount of evidence, IMO, and Derstine admitted MTR was at the scene.

JMO

Rafferty was messaging with a woman named Charity S on April 8th. More than 2 dozen messages.

That sure appears to be desperate messaging...or obsessive stalking like behavior. jmo

perhaps he was gathering information

Lamber Royakkers descibes Stalking: is a form of mental assault, in which the perpetrator repeatedly, unwantedly, and disruptively breaks into the life-world of the victim, with whom they have no relationship (or no longer have). Moreover, the separated acts that make up the intrusion cannot by themselves cause the mental abuse, but do taken together (cumulative effect)."

Could be they were messaging back and forth. Maybe he was setting up another date and she was clueless.

It's true, I get it, the lack of activity from a cellphone addict like him is as telling as the activity coming from it. JMO

Another thing in common with CA!!! They should add excessive cell phone usage to the list of behaviours of a psychopath. Good for the carriers, bad for the population

perhaps he was gathering information

Those two dozen messages were BBMs ... the IM Blackberry system. You need to give someone your PIN in order for them to contact you via BBM ... and contacts are verily easily removed so that should you change your mind and not want to receive messages from a certain person they will be unable to contact you via BBM.

So BBM is not stalking by any means - it is between users who have agreed to be on each other`s contact list.

As for Facebook, it works substantially the same way. MR would have to be friends with AL (meaning that she accepted his Friendship Request) before he could spend 20 minutes reviewing her Facebook. Again, if she had a problem with him looking at her FB it takes two seconds to deny him access. Hence, not stalking.

JMO

Now I'm confused again: This is saying the phone had activity at 4:18 pm and 5:03 pm.

Rafferty made a voice call at Woodstock at 11:37AM on April 8th, 2009. Further illustrations show Rafferty's cellular activity in Guelph at and 4:18PM and 5:03PM. Another data call was made about 7:45PM that came from a cell tower east of Fergus, and yet another one at 8:05PM near the town of Arthur...the same day that Tori disappeared, the in same geographic area Tori was (eventually) found."

http://www.1047.ca/local-news/michael-rafferty-trial

So I guess were waiting on what those messages said or is that part of the publication ban? I mean, what was so important that he was texted her like crazy during an abduction??? Especially with TLM in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017