Trial Thread 4/19/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Bhaktyar is with Bell Mobility and is based in Mississauga

Cell phones look for the best cell phone signal from strongest tower in the area.

RaffertyLFP: Bhakhtyar explains that cellphones seek out nearest tower but sometimes they are blocked by terrain, weather etc

Some items, like trees, can cause interference for cell phones.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
He says there are fewer cell phones towers in the country than in the city, due to a lower number if customers.

RaffertyLFP: Bhakhtyar said signal strength can also be affected by number of phones using it

Bakhytar says if there is lots of use on the same tower, the tower becomes maxed out.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Bakhtyar telling court about limitations of cell towers; location, building obstructions, trees, weather etc. #sl

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
Crown calls next witness Mustafa Bakhtyar, an expert in radio frequency engineering from Bell Canada #ToriStafford #Rafferty

RaffertyLFP: Bhakhtyar was called in to identify which cellular towers were involved in the calls from Rafferty's phone

Showing a map of cell phone sites in Guelph and Fergus.

RaffertyLFP: The court is seeing a map of cell towers in Guelph and north of Guelph and the areas they cover

RaffertyLFP: The court is seeing a second map of the cell towers in the Fergus and Guelph ares with color coding showing the strength of the signal

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty is taking a lot of notes

Now a coverage map of that area is being shown.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Bakhtyar identified the cell towers connected to the calls made by #Rafferty on Apr. 8/09 #sl

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty is taking a lot of notes [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Another map shows cell locations in Arthur and Mount Forest relevant to Rafferty calls

Much like David Broad's testimony, this is very technical and general to start.

He explains certain cell sites could have interference, and a call could be diverted to another site.

I wonder if he was instructed to take notes so he doesn't react undesirably (such as scowling at the witness... again...)

JMO.

What I am undersstanding is TLM said MR removed the battery from his phone when they left Woodstock around 4 pm.

But, the phone was in use from 4 until 7......so it couldn't have been off.

TLM didn't tell the truth. Why?

To make MR look guilty of the abduction?

It sounds like there was a lot of discussion going on......negotiations?

Who was talking on the phone....MR or TLM?

The police were informed of the abduction at 6:06 pm.

Hmmmmmmmm

JMO

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Bakhtyar is helping the court locate cell towers in Mount Forest and nearby Arthur on a map. Also shows coverage areas for towers. #Rafferty

LOL we need a phone techie to explain this. Tweets just ain't doing it. I'm not reading the replies from the expert...only Derstine's questions.

AM980_Court Derstine says between 4:18 and 7:03, Rafferty's phone was on. Broad agrees.

So if I'm getting this right, the phone was only shut off until 4:18, is that when they were at BA's house? MR could have put the battery back in then and TLM would not have known. I think data call must mean connected to the internet???

Data calls is Internet. Someone may have been using the Internet, OR his apps or OS may have been updating automatically. Or he could have been sending a picture, or using Blackberry Messenger. Like the tech said, you can still make calls while using the Internet.

Carnegie gives the Mt. Forest/Arthur example, Bakhytar says that's "how it should work".

Earlier we heard a voice call and a data call on Rafferty's phone bounced off two different towers minutes apart, in Mount Forest and Arthur

Now showing Cambridge cell phone coverage.

@AM980_Court
  • He explains certain cell sites could have interference, and a call could be diverted to another site.
@AM980_Court

• Carnegie gives the Mt. Forest/Arthur example, Bakhytar says that's "how it should work".

What I am undersstanding is TLM said MR removed the battery from his phone when they left Woodstock around 4 pm.

Hmmmmmmmm

JMO

Isn't that about the time they arrive in Guelph for the perc pickup, they could have turned the phone back on.

Hmmmmmmmm

JMO

I'm no cellphone techie but the way I understood it, the phone doesn't have to be on to receive data (voice mail, text, ).

So it could very well be that between that time, he was receiving messages but his phone was off.

JMO

I think the cell tower pings will be the key, imo

Hmmmmmmmm

JMO

I think what they have actually said is that the phone was off until 4:18 and between then and 7:00 it was on but not necessarily in use.MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lazuli