Trial Thread 4/25/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend and me once had a conversation (she works for a criminal lawyer). I said what happens if the defense lawyer does not believe the defendents story.....she said most defence lawyers will simply refuse to take on the case if they do not believe their story.

I dont know how 100% accurate that is.....just something I thought I would throw in.

JMO!

Unless of course it is the biggest case in the country at the time and the lawyer wants the publicity and the possibility of an acquittal on his resume. I don't believe for a minute that defence lawyers have those kind of scruples regarding their job.

MOO

On May 15th, McClintic back in court, Rafferty interviewed by police.

RaffertyLFP: May 15 Another court appearance by McClintic and Rafferty is interviewed by police at 7 pm He later calls McClintic

McClintic was in court on at 9:30. At 7:00 to 7:33, Rafferty interviewed by police. At 7:41, Rafferty calls Genest. Last 14 minutes.

But why does he need to make money of his own, when CS is providing him with all the money he seems to need... I think the FB status, is referring to something else... IMHO

He was spending it as fast as she deposited it.

RaffertyLFP: May 16 Rafferty calls five car rental companies and later BellWorld

Rafferty made 6 calls to London car rental places on May 16th. He called Bell World twice between 5:92 and 5:08

RaffertyLFP: At 7 pm Rafferty went to Bellworld to get another Blackberry

Before 7, Rafferty went to Masonville before 7:00 with Jessica Meloche, looking for his new phone.

On May 18th, Rafferty calked a drug associate of McClintic's. Only a 42 second call.

@AM980_Court
  • McClintic was in court on (May 15th, my addition) at 9:30. At 7:00 to 7:33, Rafferty interviewed by police. At 7:41, Rafferty calls Genest. Last 14 minutes.

RaffertyLFP: Calls between Rafferty and McClintic about 8:20 the next day

Rafferty called Genest on at 12:36. McClintic interviewed at 1:18. Lasted nearly a half hour. Rafferty visits Genest at 6:52 until 7:40

Rafferty got a call from Genest at 8:41. Lasts 4 seconds.

RaffertyLFP: May 14 McClintic made another court appearance at 9:30 am Rafferty attended Rafferty traded in Bberry at Masonville later that day

So he did lie to JW about why he was late on the 15th. The press got it wrong about the date of her appearance being on that day. It was the day before.

ETA: Nevermind she was in court both days.

MOO

BBM
The more facts I hear from the Crown the more convinced I am that MTR's "everythings comming my way" April 8 FB comment is the quote of a narcissist congratulating himself on the numbers of women he's "working" and pupeteering. Delusions of grandeur that refer to more than the drug dealing, I think. This is only my opinion.

Except ... drug use, dealing, cash infusions, and a plethora of women seem to have been somewhat of the norm in MTR's usual day-to-day activities. Thus, his "good things" prediction doesn't seem to me to relate to how his average day transpires. JMO

RaffertyLFP: May 19 McClintic confesses to murder 1:34 Rafferty also arrested at 7:55 pm soon after another visit to Bellworld

On May 19th, McClintic confesses. She and Rafferty are arrested. Rafferty got his new phone from Masonville, then arrested at 7:55 pm.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown wrap up of April-May calendar with contact between Rafferty and McClintic almost every day

RaffertyLFP: Destine begins cross-examination of Johnson

No more questions from Venne. Derstine cross examining.

Slide says Rafferty had 142 instances of Blackberry activity per day after April 8th. Derstine says they have no numbers from before that.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Police tallied #Rafferty's phone use: btw Feb 1 - Apr. 7/09 averaged 64 voice/text/data calls a day.

64 PER DAY???? Lots of Dance classes to line up??????

i believe the lawyer was Hal Mattson and they left because the attorney and client couldnt agree? Im not 100% sure

Did it go something like this: Hal" Are you guilty " MR: I'm guilty but I want you to get me off so make up some some story Hal: I can't take this case... we all remember the lawyer that walked away from the Anthony case because of his morals...it happens...

All defense lawyers are not created equal, and if on trial for your life, moving up the quality ladder would be well advised, in my opinion.

JMO.......

he seems to do a lot of writing when LE is at witness stand. Guess he is intimidated??? JMO

They've got his number and MO; and HE knows it! JMO

Bet he's petrified that one those text or contacts slipped through the cracks of his wiping his phone.

Derstine notes a data call started north of Guelph at 4:18. Another started at 5:03.

Calls originated in Guelph. The data call starts just before the cash is withdrawn.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine ask about 4:18 pm two-hour data call on April 8 j15 seconds before money is withdrawn from ABM in Guelph

I think MTR is a good liar. I think he has told his lawyer he is innocent and he has a lie for everything that has been said. Some story. Look at all the women he fooled. He fooled a lot of people. I dont think it matters if he is a lawyer or not MTR is a good liar and manipulator to get things to his way. JMO

But, Derstine notes that wasn't the start of the transaction. Johnson agrees.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine questions a call made on April 9 just after CASS surveillance video released to public

Derstine also notes Rafferty didn't contact McClintic on April 9th, the day the CASS video came out in the media.

A friend and me once had a conversation (she works for a criminal lawyer). I said what happens if the defense lawyer does not believe the defendents story.....she said most defence lawyers will simply refuse to take on the case if they do not believe their story.

I dont know how 100% accurate that is.....just something I thought I would throw in.

JMO!

that is exactly how it is supposed to be and I bet 99 % of the time it is...JMO

Callls and texts "after" her arrest?

They let inmates "text".............?

I thought LE knew she was involved and arrested her on a breach of probation, so why was let call and text people?

Whose phone was she using?

JMO...........

Was he texting to CM as TLM was in jail and they shared the phone? Because I didn't think TLM would be allowed to use a text cell phone in jail either....? (Was there a nice little drug business going on and continuing to go on while TLM was in jail? Or do you think CM wanted to get some dance lessons too? Oh--maybe she was giving dance lessons to MR---she was an exotic dancer)

Derstine asks for complicated, more drawn out phone records from April 7th.

Rafferty stopped using his phone, other than data calls, for nearly three hours.

Notes other lulls in activity. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine points out gaps - periods on May 7th when Rafferty didn't use phone doesn't explain significance

Derstine asks Johnson if its common for #Rafferty to have gaps in phone usage (like he did on Apr. 8th). Johnson says yes #sl

Crown finishes its questioning of Johnson. #Rafferty's lawyer Dirk Derstine begins his cross-examination #sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl