Trial Thread 4/26/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Shifting to interior video shot of Home Depot in Guelph White coated woman at self-serve checkout

RaffertyLFP: Court is now seeing side by side comparison of white coated woman at cinema, Foodland and Home Depot

Lanna compared the coat in all of the videos. The Home Depot video provides "really good shots".

The piping, trim and colouring are all similar on the three videos.

RaffertyLFP: Lannaa said the stripes, hood and other details of the white coat all match in the three fotos, handbags also matches

Other similar areas are pointed out.

RaffertyLFP: Court seeing white-coated woman in CASS video, Lanna said the video is so distant that few of the details of the coat can be seen

Now comparing four different frames from the CASS video.

In the exterior Home Depot footage, the piping on the coat isn't visible. It can't be expected to be seen, due to compression and distance.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Lanna compares white coat in Home Depot, Foodland and Gallery Cinema viedos. Puts 3 stills up next to each other.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
In stills of the woman walking with Tori Stafford, Lanna says the white jacket is too far from camera to see coat in detail. #Rafferty

RaffertyLFP: Lanna said compression of video tends to distort details - that may have erased any details on white-coated woman on CASS video

He showed a test image of an unrelated person, on the the inside and outside cameras.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna concluded there were similarities in the white coats in all four videos although less detail in CASS video

Lanna says in each of the four images, McClintic's coat, there are no dissimilarities.

We're going on lunch break until 2:20.

RaffertyLFP: Court is recessed until 2:20 pm

Sorry but what is the point of this?? TLM admitted it was her!

I know it's frustrating. I think at this point, IMO, the jury may be getting bored (bad words I know, but couldn't find something better) I think the crown has to go with a BANG and unfortunately this is not it. IMHO.

Thanks antiquegirl...nice catch hmmm

Moving on to Terri-Lynne McClintic's white coat.

She's seen wearing it at Gallery Cinemas, Foodland and on the CASS video

RaffertyLFP: Court is now seeing side by side comparison of white coated woman at cinema, Foodland and Home Depot

RaffertyLFP: Foodland video of cheese aisle shows a woman in white jacket pushing a cart

RaffertyLFP: The first is March 25 showing a woman in a white coat from Galley Cinema in Woodstock - appears to be McClintic

i believe my check is $57 a month for my daughter based on my family's income. i have a hard time believing that she would have gotten almost 6k from the government monthly, that's insane.

from the videos in the detention centre i saw them cracking each others backs, and i felt the affection was one sided and placentae but expected from TLM considering where she is

I know many hard working individuals who get much less than $5700!!!! IF OUR GOVERNMENT IS HANDING OUT THAT KIND OF MONEY----our country will head for a great depression---!!! There is a real problem with social assistance if this is true?

Sorry but what is the point of this?? TLM admitted it was her!

If they did not show this evidence, there would no doubt be people who would repeat again and again that all the crown has to go on are 'the words of a proven liar' (TLM). I have seen this stated here many times.

This (and other) evidence shows, beyond reasonable doubt (IMO), that both TLM and MR participated in kidnapping Tori. I think the evidence clearly shows that each of them played a role (she lured, he drove, she bought the murder weapon, he paid, etc.). Each of them also had time alone with Tori and the opportunity to stop the kidnapping from taking place.

This is all that is needed to show that MR is guilty of murder.

I don't think they need to go out with a bang. The fact that the evidence is tedious can be seen as a good thing. It shows how strong the case against MR is and leaves him very little room for an alternate theory to raise doubt in the minds of the jurors. MOO

There must be something here that hasn't been made public. The witness says TLM is wearing the same white jacket in the Gallery Cinema photo(s). But in the video we saw of her with MTR in the theatre, she is obviously wearing a dark hoodie. Where is this picture coming from?

JMO

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/14/19503341.html

Good point AG. I wonder if one of the photos shows her getting out of the car and she removed the coat to go into the theatre.

I know it's frustrating. I think at this point, IMO, the jury may be getting bored (bad words I know, but couldn't find something better) I think the crown has to go with a BANG and unfortunately this is not it. IMHO.

LE and the Crown have been putting this case together for 3 years. It is their job to show all of the evidence that they were able to gather about the crime. And to bring in the experts who went over this evidence and verified it to be authentic. This testimony would have much more impact if the defendent's lawyer didn't, surprisingly, admit by way of suggestion in the opening days of this trial that his client was actually present during this crime. Imagine how much more impact this video information and all of the other evidence would have if they were claiming that he was nowhere near the area of the school or the HD or the crime scene.

The Crown's case was put together on the assumption that the defendent was pleading not guilty to all of the charges. They can't just take out this or any other evidence and testimony now because of Derstine's suggestion during cross just because it might bore the jury.

They want to present the case in it's entirety, without any room for doubt that it is TLM and MR on all those videos during the commission of this crime. And that TLM's direct witness testimony is lining up to a tee.

MOO

I rewatched the videos this morning and two things jumped out at me.

Seems to me in the May 12 video MTR is "cockier" than he was on his first visit.

You would think, if you were a concerned and caring boyfriend, that when your gfriend entered the room you would stand up and go to her to give her a hug. She seemed to initiate all the affection.

As for the head petting, stroking, that's what I used to do with my daughter when she would lay in bed sick, although I always thought I was a little gentler than he appeared to be.

As an aside, she certainly has a distinguishable gait to the way she walks.

MHO
I noticed that difference in behaviour in MR in both videos also---was not showing warmth toward TM at all. It looked like he was toying with her in a playful yet condescending way. I noticed both have distinguished gaited. TLM toes point outward ie her legs have a natural "turn-out position from her hips so she walks toed-out. His are almost toed in as he walks and he takes short steps and seems to have lots of nervous energy (JMP--Oxy induced) Obviously since that video he has put on a lot of weight and looks 10 years older because weight gain and most likely because he has not been doing so much dancing since he's been under lock and key.....JMO

list of "jobs" Rafferty said he had or is believed to have had
Can't wait to hear what he actually did do as a living

Rafferty's real job: was living off the avails of prostitution
Mr. Rafferty essentially pimped out one girlfriend and proceeded to drain her of close to $17,000

-Contractor
-Landscaper
-worked a better beef in Guelph (slaughterhouse)
-Dance Instuctor
-was said to be in college working towards a Veterinary Assistant
-Caretaker (for his Mother) & TLM's Mother
-Possible drug traffic
-As MR stated in the LE interview, he also worked at Glen Abbey.
-And I believe he was a chef, trained at George Brown.
-working under the table
-Dance Instructor
-Had his own Contracting Business
-Snow Plower
-HR-hiring person for construction sites
-worked @ Juvenile Detention Centre(London on Oxford St)
-Teacher Dance Class
-Ballroom Dance Teacher
-working in the home renovation business

he did not finish high school he only got one credit his graduating year. JMO

If they did not show this evidence, there would no doubt be people who would repeat again and again that all the crown has to go on are 'the words of a proven liar' (TLM). I have seen this stated here many times.

This (and other) evidence shows, beyond reasonable doubt (IMO), that both TLM and MR participated in kidnapping Tori. I think the evidence clearly shows that each of them played a role (she lured, he drove, she bought the murder weapon, he paid, etc.). Each of them also had time alone with Tori and the opportunity to stop the kidnapping from taking place.

This is all that is needed to show that MR is guilty of murder.

I don't think they need to go out with a bang. The fact that the evidence is tedious can be seen as a good thing. It shows how strong the case against MR is and leaves him very little room for an alternate theory to raise doubt in the minds of the jurors. MOO

still can't see how any of this proves that HE knew it was a kidnapping from the get go or that he was involved in the murder...yes he was with them both..yes he did drive, of that there is no doubt..did we actually see him hand the money over to TLM.. besides we have TLM's confession that it was she who actually did the deed...she didn't testify that they both swung the weapon...only her... yes we all agree that he may have helped her clean up the crime scene for reasons that haven't been mentioned to date as we have not heard from the defence..JMO and yes TLM is a liar for many reasons...that has been stated and proven on this site many times so won't go into detail again...
nice one AG on catching the coat scene at the theatre... JMO

I know many hard working individuals who get much less than $5700!!!! IF OUR GOVERNMENT IS HANDING OUT THAT KIND OF MONEY----our country will head for a great depression---!!! There is a real problem with social assistance if this is true?

Nobody is getting $5700/month.
They said they get $57/month. No extra zeroes. That was also for CTB, not OW.
Not many people are getting $5700/year from social assistance, even. Don't worry, people on social assistance are living in miserable poverty, unless they are doing something on the side that they aren't allowed to do (and would disqualify them for assistance if found out). We will skip dinner for 2 weeks just to buy a new pair of pants for $20 at walmart, due to massive crotch-holes in the one pair we own. THAT is the system at work.

still can't see how any of this proves that HE knew it was a kidnapping from the get go or that he was involved in the murder...yes he was with them both..yes he did drive of that there is no doubt..did we actually see him hand the money over to TLM.. besides we have TLM's confession that it was she who actually did the deed...she didn't testify that they both swung the weapon...only her... yes we all agree that he may have helped her clean up the crime scene for reasons that haven't been proven to date as we have not heard from the defence..JMO and yes TLM is a liar for many reasons...that has been stated and proven on this site many times so won't go into detail again...
nice one AG on catching the coat scene at the theatre... JMO

It's my understanding that according to Canadian law, if a death happens as the result of a kidnapping or sexual assault, it is first degree murder. That's why it doesn't matter who swung the hammer.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-109.html#h-78

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member