Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to previously-heard evidence, this is simply not true. At the very least, TLM also changed her version as to whose idea it was to purchase the hammer and garbage bags.

And yet, in previous in testimony (evidence) by TLM, she claimed that she did. So, was this another lie, or is Gowdey trying to minimize the number of lies she actually told?

It seems to me that the Crown wants the jury to do exactly what WS members have been doing here - pick and choose which part of TLM's testimony to believe or disbelieve.

JMO

Really? How about all of the parts of her testimony that have been corroborated by evidence?

McClintic describes the killing, Rafferty's involvement. Rafferty watches closely in the courtroom.

McClintic is emotional in the video. Crying as she explains the crime to Smyth.

Here lies the problem, premeditated would be first degree, after the fact I am not so sure.

if you are part of a kidnapping and something goes wrong and the person is killed. It is first degree murder. Full Stop.

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
Court is now watching a clip of McClintic's police confession on May 24,2009 where she says #Rafferty raped and killed #ToriStafford

Laura Carney ‏ @TheLC_75
In this statement, McClintic said it was #Rafferty who killed Tori.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
The jury is watching video from McClintic's confession to police on May24/09 where she said #Rafferty killed #ToriStafford.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Back from break. Crown playing video of McClintic's May 24/09 confession where she says how Rafferty raped and murdered Tori

RaffertyLFP: In the video police officer asks "so you guys are in this together" McClintic says "yeah" [via Twitter]

@AM980_Court McClintic describes the killing, Rafferty's involvement. Rafferty watches closely in the courtroom.

RaffertyLFP: In video McClintic says " I saw him kick her a couple of times like a stomp

12:20 RaffertyLFP: Rafferty looks grim watching video, shifts uncomfortably

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said May 24th video made McClintic look "cruel and inhuman" because she gave terrified Tori to Rafferty

<rsbm>

There may be some inconsistencies because the closing argument is a summary of their position, not specific evidence being introduced. I think the blackberry was thrown in when summarizing the various attempts to evade LE, not just those that occurred after May 15. Or, being human, the Crown screwed up in the re-telling .. the evidence the jurors have in deliberation will speak for itself.

JMO

Or the tweeters are hearing things wrong too. MOO.

Video over. Gowdey explaining the version may have been true. Why lie on May 24th, after implicating herself?

McClintic was clear, the Rafferty used water bottles to clean his penis after the assault. If Rafferty cleaned himself up after the...

...body was disposed, how would the caps be in the bag?

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
#Rafferty rolls his eyes, shakes head as he watches vid of TLM telling cops #toristafford was bleeding from crotch and was stomped on by him

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
She is crying as she tells police #Rafferty told her following murder that they were now in this together #ToriStafford

Avery Moore &#8207; @AveryFreeFMNews
"Why would she say Mr. #Rafferty was the killer when she had already implicated herself so seriously?" Gowdey asks the jury.

There appears to have been a slight glitch with a thanks button. We are checking it out and some posts were removed.

Please continue to discuss the case and we'll work on the glitch.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said there were water bottle caps in garbage bag with Tori's body McClintic's later testimony said clean up was after body wrapped

Logic says the bottle cap evidence doesn't make sense, and the hammer portion may also be a lie.

According to previously-heard evidence, this is simply not true. At the very least, TLM also changed her version as to whose idea it was to purchase the hammer and garbage bags.

And yet, in previous in testimony (evidence) by TLM, she claimed that she did. So, was this another lie, or is Gowdey trying to minimize the number of lies she actually told?

It seems to me that the Crown wants the jury to do exactly what WS members have been doing here - pick and choose which part of TLM's testimony to believe or disbelieve.

JMO

This is just my take on this statement....
Gowdy is referring to TLM's may 24 statement and what she said on the stand regarding whose idea it was to buy the hammer and garbage bags.

When she said it was her idea to buy them, that was in January after confessing to the murder as she said she did not want to testify.

So Gowdy's statement is correct in that in her May 24 statement and her testimony on the stand, that is the only detail that changed.

Make sense, I have had too much coffee this AM?

JMO

@AM980_Court Logic says the bottle cap evidence doesn't make sense, and the hammer portion may also be a lie.

@RaffertyLFP Gowdey said there were water bottle caps in garbage bag with Tori's body McClintic's later testimony said clean up was after body wrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste