Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gowdey describes, one last time, the events of April 8th.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey says Rafferty and McClintic were " a terrible team, a murderous duo" They were in it together they are guilty together""It has been proven to you beyond a reasonable doubt, that Michael Rafferty is guilty". Asks them to return that verdict.

Thanks jurors and finishes.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney warns jury that his charge "will be long and boring" court will start early at 9:30 and will take all day

Heeney says the charge will start tomorrow at 9:30.RaffertyLFP: After charge to the jury, they will retire to decide verdict [via Twitter]

Notes it will be long, suggests deliberations could begin tomorrow night.

So, back tomorrow at 9:30. Starting early to give Heeney more time fir his charge, which "will be boring" he says.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
"The one with the other, a terrible team, a murderous duo," Gowdey says of #Rafferty and McClintic.

Gowdey now wrapping up his statement. Pointing the finger at #Rafferty from the beginning of the story to the end.

AveryFreeFMNews Gowdey now wrapping up his statement. Pointing the finger at #Rafferty from the beginning of the story to the end.

RaffertyLFP Gowdey says Rafferty and McClintic were " a terrible team, a murderous duo" They were in it together they are guilty together"

RaffertyLFP Gowdey talks about Rafferty and McClintic looking at wedding rings, Raffery rolls his eyes in prisoner's box

seems as though he rolls his eyes when the truth is told and it is something he knows hurts him. MOO

AM980_Court "It has been proven to you beyond a reasonable doubt, that Michael Rafferty is guilty". Asks them to return that verdict.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Crown wraps up their closing calling McClintic and #Rafferty a “Terrible team” “Murderous Duo” #sl

as Crown recounts Apr 8/09, #Rafferty closes eyes, shakes his head again, mouthing words in disagreement: "not true"

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
"They were in it together. They did it together. They are guilty together," Crown Kevin Gowdey finishes in his closing

AveryFreeFMNews "They were in it together, they did it together, they are guilty together." Gowdey's last word to the jury. #Rafferty

AM980_Court Heeney says the charge will start tomorrow at 9:30

O/T but I just wanted to share. Was just talking to my next door neighbour from drive way to drive way, over our cars. Last night he arrested an 18 year old for holding a gun to the throat of someone as he robbed them for $40 and a cell phone. I read here there is doubt over committing horrible crimes over $400 drug debts. Criminals are filth and have no regard for life as it is. Just saying. MOO IMO JMO

The culture of 'saving face' among drug gangs can lead to the slightest perceived insult being punished with horrific violence.

Just saying, sometimes things arent what the appear to be ...

"They were in it together, they did it together, they are guilty together." Gowdey's last word to the jury.

clap-smiley-009.gif

@AM980_Court "It has been proven to you beyond a reasonable doubt, that Michael Rafferty is guilty". Asks them to return that verdict.

@AM980_Court
Thanks jurors and finishes.

‏ @AM980_Court
Heeney says the charge will start tomorrow at 9:30.

‏ @AM980_Court
Notes it will be long, suggests deliberations could begin tomorrow night.

Applause to the Crown. I might have another breakdown tonight. I had one alread this morning. RIP sweet little girl. I hope justice will come soon but I want the jury to digest everything properly. Thanks all for posting the tweets. xoxoxo

AveryFreeFMNews Justice Heeney says he will not start his charge to the jury today. Says he will try to get through it tomorrow. #Rafferty

Judge says court will start at 9:30 a.m tomorrow, warns jury cheekily he'll be long and boring but says there are a lot of legal issues

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
Jurors have been told to return at 9:30am Thurs for judge's instructions. It will take at least a day, says judge #ToriStafford

Justice Heeney says he will not start his charge to the jury today. Says he will try to get through it tomorrow.

LindaNguyenPN #Rafferty continues to roll his eyes, mutters to himself. Looks angry as Crown continues with their closing #ToriStafford

i hope he has a terrible headache at the end of the day from all that eye rolling! MOO

AM980_Court Notes it will be long, suggests deliberations could begin tomorrow night.

Of course it happens.

Just not in this case. An evil couple kidnapped an 8 year old girl for his sick sexual fantasies and then murdered her. Nothing to do with a $40 debt or a $40,000 debt.

IMO

IMO as stated, it was questioned here that a drug debt could even be a possible motive. Yes, it could have been. The "small amount" was questioned and it's nominal importance. It should not be. Your view of sexual fantasy is one option. Please know others can state their thoughts freely. It would be refreshing to be able to entertain options, rather than have to agree with the majority. Yes? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState