Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 4m4 minutes ago
Four #RossHarris jurors had a hard time seeing pics of Cooper. One kept crying, shielding her eyes. Others covered their mouths.

Natisha LanceVerified account ‏@NatishaLance 6m6 minutes ago
Ross Harris shielded his eyes when the jury was shown a series of photos of his son.

No pics of Cooper are being shown outside the courtroom.

I still just can't wrap my head around "forgetting" Cooper, not when he is inches from you. Literally inches.

Not only that, JH stayed in the car a whole thirty seconds before slamming the door on Cooper to start his day. He's in the car for thirty seconds and didn't even hear Cooper breathing, talking or moving around? Bullcrap bullcrap bullcrap.

That car was a LOT smaller than I thought it would be, and IMO it only shows that there is no freaking way he just forgot his son only inches away from his own face and after a piddly thirty second drive from Chik-Fil-A. No. Freaking. Way.

Not only that, JH stayed in the car a whole thirty seconds before slamming the door on Cooper to start his day. He's in the car for thirty seconds and didn't even hear Cooper breathing, talking or moving around? Bullcrap bullcrap bullcrap.

That car was a LOT smaller than I thought it would be, and IMO it only shows that there is no freaking way he just forgot his son only inches away from his own face and after a piddly thirty second drive from Chik-Fil-A. No. Freaking. Way.

I want to agree with you but I also know how easy it is to have a thought and intent to do something and forget 30 seconds later. Just like when walking into a room and forgetting why you went there. I am going to need more evidence that he willfully ignored Cooper.

I don't think they showed the pics of Cooper. I didn't take a chance. Yesterday I saw a slanted pic of what was Cooper shown to the Jury and its image is still flashing in my mind.

Me too keepon. Can't stop seeing it :(

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏
#RossHarris #HotCarDeath trial will recess Thursday at noon and resume Monday 10-11 due to #HurricaneMatthew

Didn't he also back into a parking space?

The lunchtime stop by the car confuses me too. Did he "not notice" Cooper then because he wasn't sure he'd passed yet? Or did he need more time to plan his reaction? Did the autopsy say if he was still alive at that point?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why in the world would he go to his car at lunch time - with his friends - and even open the door to toss light bulbs in if all of this was planned and he was just waiting for Cooper to die? That makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense with the lunch time stop at the car is that Harrs was totally clueless that Cooper was in the car.

YES.

Not only that, he is a LARGE person. I wish there were pictures of him in the drivers seat? IMO, there is no way he wasn't touching that seat somehow. At the time, we had the same vehicle in same year. I am very petite and I was nearly touching my son's car seat. (When we front face him, he was still VERY visible.)

I made several comments about my car in the very beginning. As soon as I saw what vehicle it was, I knew no way he didn't see Cooper.

Why in the world would he go to his car at lunch time - with his friends - and even open the door to toss light bulbs in if all of this was planned and he was just waiting for Cooper to die? That makes no sense. The only thing that makes sense with the lunch time stop at the car is that Harrs was totally clueless that Cooper was in the car.

IMO he was hoping to "find" Cooper in front of his friends (sympathetic and biased witnesses,) but they drove off too soon.

And if he was just totally clueless he was in there, that is additional evidence of extreme negligence. Either way, it's not good for the defense no matter the scenario presented. I think people on a jury could be more understanding of leaving a child in a car all day while you're at work. But forgetting after a matter of minutes, going out mid day and forgetting again, getting in the car and forgetting again...I'm not so sure.

IMO he was hoping to "find" Cooper in front of his friends (sympathetic and biased witnesses,) but they drove off too soon.

And if he was just totally clueless he was in there, that is additional evidence of extreme negligence. Either way, it's not good for the defense no matter the scenario presented.

Interesting theory. I suspected he waited until he got to the mall so that he could distance himself from his co-workers who were better able to guess if he was acting or not.

(still thinking about that glass case of emotion)

Checking in for updates. Thanks to all providing them!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 20s20 seconds ago
#RossHarris hangs his head and covers his eyes as close up photos of Coopers face are shown in court.
Craig LucieVerified account ‏@CraigLucie 21s21 seconds ago
#rossharris looks away and then back while showing crime scene photos

Claire SimmsVerified account ‏@Claire_FOX5 58s58 seconds ago Georgia, USA
#RossHarris visibly upset as prosecution shows second video, this time Cooper's body not covered with a sheet.

There is no way RH didn't see that baby in the back of the car!

1c9c8303aa2298dc524e2573e8dbf0ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to agree with you but I also know how easy it is to have a thought and intent to do something and forget 30 seconds later. Just like when walking into a room and forgetting why you went there. I am going to need more evidence that he willfully ignored Cooper.

I can see how it's easy to forget why you walked from one room to another. Not easy to forget a live child you just buckled in a few minutes ago.

Millions and millions of parents and caregivers, for the last 20 years, didn't/don't forget they have a child buckled in their car. It's not easy to forget you're in charge of a child. When tasked with the care and transportation of a child, that is job #1. I could see how remembering to run out for lightbulbs on my lunch break could be easy to forget....but not the child I buckled into his seat, right next to my head, just minutes ago. Moo.

ETA: not an attack on you, ReadyorNot, just trying to express that I see the opposite view of yours bolded above. As one who has been in charge of years of babies and children in cars and car seat transportation for years, I'm going to need to see more evidence to convince me he didn't exercise extreme neglect and/or willfully ignore Cooper.

I just want to add that daycare said Cooper always arrived awake and very chatty. jmo

"Police said Harris made a phone call after discovering his son was dead, but did not call 911. When an officer told him to get off his phone, Harris yelled “F*ck you! before being handcuffed." Said CNN

http://heavy.com/news/2014/06/justin-ross-harris-murder-left-baby-in-car-dead/

Clearly he didn't need to be calling 911 if the officers were already there. We heard the audio yesterday ... the male cop comes up and tells him to get off the phone while he is in a panic. The male cop did this in a crappy and inappropriate manner IMO. Ross explodes with emotion and yells "shut the **** up my son just died." The cop responds "watch your ****ing mouth."

I agree. Same thing with leaving his car after he parked in the AM. I don't think 30 seconds is a long time to take to exit one's car in the morning (or any time), but the DT seems to think so, and IMO it makes no sense that Harris would linger in the car if he was in the process of committing a murder.

As for friends as witnesses at lunch time. Harris could have easily stalled them or drawn them to his car if that was his intent. Cooper was certainly dead by that time, as Harris would have known.

I can see how it's easy to forget why you walked from one room to another. Not easy to forget a live child you just buckled in a few minutes ago.

Millions and millions of parents and caregivers, for the last 20 years, didn't/don't forget they have a child buckled in their car. It's not easy to forget you're in charge of a child. When tasked with the care and transportation of a child, that is job #1. I could see how remembering to run out for lightbulbs on my lunch break could be easy to forget....but not the child I buckled into his seat, right next to my head, just minutes ago. Moo.

And sadly, hundreds and hundreds of parents have accidentally left their children to die in cars. It does happen, as unimaginable as that seems to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula