Tropical Storm Issac aims toward U.S.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st day of the republican convention is canceled due to Isaac. Apparently they will spread out the 1st days events into the remaining days.

Governor Scott has cancelled his appearance.

Don't forget to drain those swimming pools a tad---could dump 5-6 inches of rain within the next few days! :what:

Here in our part of Virginia we are praying for some of the rain to come our way as we are in the midst of a terrible drought.

oh, you are high up then? and it must be nice to have the power under ground:)

yes, then gen was something that myslef, my husband talked about, we both agreed it would be a good investment, as we only live about 20 to 30 minutes away from Galveston Island, and after Ike, dealing w/ that tiny gas gen, the madness of it all, we thought, why the heck not? After we had ours installed, a neighbor, the next house over, had got one to:) when the power does go out, we are good to go with no more worry.

the only thing we worry about now, is gathering up our hens from the chicken coup, and getting them sorted in the garage in a huge pet carrier lol

I remember that during hurricane Rita some guy brought home a generator that publix uses, the one that is the size of an 18 wheeler. The neighbors said it was so loud they couldn't sleep and the entire neighborhood smelt like diesel.

This is taking almost the exact same route as Katrina did. It will be interesting to see how much it strengthens in the gulf. Hurricane Katrina went from a category one storm to a category 4-5 storms in 4-5 hours in the Gulf. I sure hope this is not the case!

This is taking almost the exact same route as Katrina did. It will be interesting to see how much it strengthens in the gulf. Hurricane Katrina went from a category one storm to a category 4-5 storms in 4-5 hours in the Gulf. I sure hope this is not the case!

It will be interesting to see, like I said in the past 2 yrs. the hurricanes have been dying down, didn't intensify or went around the Gulf since the oil spill. If it does intensify I wonder what the coast is going to look like? BP has been bragging about how they have been cleaning up and the seafood is safe to eat again. If a lot of oil washes up they are going to be at square one. It is a big storm and takes up almost the entire state of Fl.

It will be interesting to see, like I said in the past 2 yrs. the hurricanes have been dying down, didn't intensify or went around the Gulf since the oil spill. If it does intensify I wonder what the coast is going to look like? BP has been bragging about how they have been cleaning up and the seafood is safe to eat again. If a lot of oil washes up they are going to be at square one. It is a big storm and takes up almost the entire state of Fl.

My concerns also. Lots of oil still offshore. Oxygen is low on the bottom of the ocean and the oil won't break down in it. If storms carry shells hundreds of miles away, it only makes sense the oil will someday come ashore.

yay.

9f1ebfbcb9f2__1345937370000.png

ATLANTA -- Georgia remains in the Forecast Cone of Tropical Storm Isaac. The latest from the National Hurricane Center now increases the storm to a Category 2 hurricane as it makes landfall Tuesday most likely along the Florida panhandle.

At 5pm, Isaac had 60mph winds as it emerges back over water after crossing the eastern tip of Cuba. It is forecast to strengthen into a category 1 hurricane as it moves over the Florida Keys Sunday afternoon. Isaac will strengthen in the Gulf of Mexico and become a category 2 storm with 100mph max winds before landfall on Tuesday along the panhandle.

Once the storm moves inland, it will begin to weaken. However, it will be a big rain producer and storm producer as it moves closer to Georgia. We will begin to see some off and on outerbands on Tuesday in metro Atlanta and north Georgia. The heaviest rain will be on Wednesday and Thursday. Some computer models show a potential of 8-10" of rain in some parts of the state. Notice the last symbol on the track brings it down to a tropical depression as it moves closer to the Georgia/Alabama line near Carrollton on Thursday afternoon.

It looks like I will be floating away next week!

Hurricane OPAL destroyed our roof! We literally had water running down the walls through the floor and into the basement!

=/ I'm just thrilled...

Watching the weather channel now, looks like the Keys are starting to see the outer bands :(

Fl east central coast is just starting to feel light wind and rain. Isaac is dragging alot of thunderstorms so we're going to get that through tomorrow morning. Tv is reporting alot of power outages in the southern end.
Absolutely unbelievable that people in our village are putting their trash out, geez, tornado warnings and wind gusts up to 50 and trash is piled sky high. It that toilet out in front of next door flies over here i am going to p'oed.
But on the other side I hope I can catch a flying toilet on video, lol.

Well in the last 15 minutes it turned into beating rain and big gusts of wind, oh, this is going to a fun night.

All those forecasts appear to amount to pretty much nothing. They don't know where it's going. First it was going to FL but doesn't appear to be anymore. And why can't we figure out how to stop these things from developing?

Can we get a check in thread for members that are directly in the path?

My parents went today to get their boat from Appalachicola ( I hope I spelled that right. I just like saying it. :P ) They are in a small town outside of Jax so they can trailer their boat home and store it on their property. Debi washed out their roads though :P

We have had record rainfall here in SC this year too, but we needed it. Now the kids are mildewing.

Stay safe those that are in the path!
I have a good friend in Tampa and they have closed schools tomorrow.

Can we get a check in thread for members that are directly in the path?

My parents went today to get their boat from Appalachicola ( I hope I spelled that right. I just like saying it. :P ) They are in a small town outside of Jax so they can trailer their boat home and store it on their property. Debi washed out their roads though :P

We have had record rainfall here in SC this year too, but we needed it. Now the kids are mildewing.

Stay safe those that are in the path!
I have a good friend in Tampa and they have closed schools tomorrow.

Hey! I live about 60 miles from Appalachicola. It is a beautiful area.:seeya:

Near Pensacola here, and we're keeping an eye on it. I was out and about yesterday and the stores and gas stations were super busy with pre-hurricane prep and some were putting up shutters. I got a turkey for power-out situations and I'll probably cook it either way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member