Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OneLostGrl said:
She's probably about to come out with a new album! ;)
Some still believe there is no such thing as bad publicity, just be sure to spell the name right.

They both need help as they both have mucho probs. from what I've read.

From the article: Mindy McCready has sued her former boyfriend for $3 million, claiming he beat her last year and that the incident hurt her music career, a newspaper reported Thursday.

Ummmm, no Honey, what hurt your career is your drinking and other legal problems. :doh:

Jules said:
From the article: Mindy McCready has sued her former boyfriend for $3 million, claiming he beat her last year and that the incident hurt her music career, a newspaper reported Thursday.

Ummmm, no Honey, what hurt your career is your drinking and other legal problems. :duh:

Ya, and her career was already on the skids when she hooked up with that abuser loser.

Do you think that this is a desperate publicity stunt? Doesn't the article say that the ex-boyfriend is unemployed? If so, where is he going to get $3 much less $3 million dollars??

Nan, from the article:

"She's not expecting to get anything out of this," Berg said Thursday. "Many people have to file civil litigation to set the record straight, whether or not they collect."

Yep, sounds like a publicity stunt to me. I smell a record coming out soon.... :D

Jules said:
Nan, from the article:

"She's not expecting to get anything out of this," Berg said Thursday. "Many people have to file civil litigation to set the record straight, whether or not they collect."

Yep, sounds like a publicity stunt to me. I smell a record coming out soon.... :D
Come on Jules you are talking Mindy here not the Dixie Chicks :crazy:

nanandjim said:
Do you think that this is a desperate publicity stunt? Doesn't the article say that the ex-boyfriend is unemployed? If so, where is he going to get $3 much less $3 million dollars??

Once you get a civil judgment against someone, you can attach future earnings, etc. He may not have a pot to piss in now, but you never know what he'll have in the future. If she wins and later finds out he struck it rich, she'll be able to collect the money.

Whether or not she was messed up herself (which she clearly was) has no bearing on the fact that the guy did beat the crap out of her.

Jules said:
Yes, the article says she has a two month old son.

Man, I didn't even hear she was pregnant. I hope she cleans up her act so she can raise the kid in a healthy environment.

She had what, one hit song?

She was the one that tried to get back with him from what I understand, going as far as violating the restraining order. She needs help!

(1) Guys do it all the time!!
(2) 10,000 Angels
(3) A Girls gotta do (What a girls gotta do)
(4) Maybe he'll notice her now.

Kinda sad.

julia said:
(1) Guys do it all the time!!
(2) 10,000 Angels
(3) A Girls gotta do (What a girls gotta do)
(4) Maybe he'll notice her now.

Kinda sad.
I missed the other three, sorry.

I just think she's as much to blame as he is. Yes, he did beat her and that was wrong. That is why the judge imposed a restraining order, and they both were arrested in Florida, because she went there to be with him. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her. She had every opportunity to clean up her act, but instead she blames him? She needs to take responsibility for her actions and be done with it.:truce:

Mindy McCready was in court Monday morning as her trial involving drinking and driving charges got underway. McCready was arrested for the DUI last May, while she was on probation for another crime.

The judge was not impressed Monday morning. McCready did not get things off to a good start with the judge after showing up 10 minutes late.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/20751.asp

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back