True Crime Movies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Impostor (docudrama) about a Frenchman who claimed to a family to be their son who had gone missing 3 years prior.

Alpha Dog about Jesse James Hollywood who had the brother of a drug associate kidnapped and killed and over 70 people were witness to the kidnapping and did nothing.

The Staircase..an 8 part documentary capturing what went on behind the scenes in the defense of Michael Peterson who allegedly killed his wife Cathleen and said she fell.

Perfect Sisters about two teenagers in Canada who murdered their mother and all of their high school friends knew about it prior but did nothing.

Watched HBO'S true-crime documentary The Newburgh Sting last night, they make a very compelling case of governmental misconduct in how the 2009 so called terrorist plot really went down. You should see it if you have a chance.

Yes Tulessa it was a VERY VERY scary movie so please don't watch it by yourself! :blushing: Maybe more scary for me because I'm in Australia and in a rural area, so can definitely see how we just so easily trust others in town! The sequel was average, yes disturbing but not as be-jeebahs scary as the original! I think it was based on a mash up of characters - none you would like to meet in the dark.

I forgot to add Tulessas question asking after the movie Wolf Creek

Perfect Sisters about two teenagers in Canada who murdered their mother and all of their high school friends knew about it prior but did nothing.

I'm going to try to find this to watch, thanks hipmumx2. what was the family name it was based on?

Hi Standreid,
Have you ever seen a movie called "In a Child's Name"?
Happy New Year - I'm going to be braver this year and try to watch more true crime movies to the end and not be such a scaredy cat!:facepalm: Kate x

Not to my knowledge Kate but it would be a good one if done right. Since we don't know what happened, I suppose it mostly have to be about the investigation and the search with maybe some lead up information about the McStays.

Perhaps they will now Standreid with the arrest of the man. (Or after the court stuff is done). I'd definitely watch it, I often think of those two little boys :(

Hi Standreid,
Have you ever seen a movie called "In a Child's Name"?
Happy New Year - I'm going to be braver this year and try to watch more true crime movies to the end and not be such a scaredy cat!:facepalm: Kate x

Happy New Year Kate.

I remember the name of the movie but I don't recall seeing it, at least not all the way through.

I'm going to try to find this to watch, thanks hipmumx2. what was the family name it was based on?
It happened in Canada and their laws are different than ours. Because they were minors their names have not been made public. They have both been released early. The movie is fairly new, it came out last year. Unbelievable case

Closure is b.s.

I should add that Perfect Sisters is a movie based on the case but it was also covered by Candice Delong on Killer Women. Idk which episode though

Closure is b.s.

Has any one seen Wolf Creek, It covers Ivan Milat's Murderous rampage?

Yes, I saw it soon after it was available on disc and it was good although not exactly historically accurate.

Yes, I saw it soon after it was available on disc and it was good although not exactly historically accurate.

The way the killer kept coming back, I was starting to hope they'd decapitate him just to save themselves.

Lifetime Channel is starting a Lizzie Borden series this Sunday.

The way the killer kept coming back, I was starting to hope they'd decapitate him just to save themselves.

:floorlaugh:

A question. Did Blanche Taylor Moore, seriously ask for a cat for her last meal?

Code of a Killer (2015) - 2 part mini-series

The story of Alec Jeffreys' discovery of DNA fingerprinting and its first use by DCS David Baker in catching a double murderer.

DCS David Baker headed up the investigation into the brutal murders of 15 yr old Lynda Mann on 21 November 1983 and 15 yr old Dawn Ashworth on 31 July 1987, both were Leicestershire schoolgirls. Only a few miles away, Dr Alec Jeffreys, was a scientist at Leicester University who, on 10 September 1984, invented a remarkable technique to read each individual's unique DNA fingerprint. When a local teenager admitted to one of the murders but not the other, Baker asked Jeffreys to analyze the DNA evidence left at the crime scenes. Both men were shocked to discover that the teenager was innocent, his confession false. DCS Baker then took the extraordinarily brave step to launch the world's first ever DNA manhunt, testing over five thousand local men to track down the killer.

Colin Pitchfork

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pitchfork

This was an excellent series, history in the making.

Thanks Prime. Hope it comes out on disc.

Has any one seen Wolf Creek, It covers Ivan Milat's Murderous rampage?

Yes, Tulessa, I watched the Wolf Creek movie several years ago while researching a prolific GA serial killer who also hunted humans. Ironically, one of his many innocent victims was abducted from a national park near a north GA creek; Wolf Creek.

The Frozen Ground movie by Scott Walker, although deja vu, for me, is a very provocative thriller about serial killer Robert Christian Hansen, with excellent acting by Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, and Vanessa Hudgens. For it to be Scott Walker's directing debut, I feel that the movie exceeded my expectations..

The Frozen Ground Trailer <Warning Graphic>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a85xD6p9krw

At the end: 'The Frozen Ground movie was dedicated to the known and unknown victims of serial killer Robert Christian Hansen.. Their names, info, and photos preceded the film's credits.. I thought this was a very nice gesture..

Robert Christian Hansen, kidnapped, raped and tortured over 30 Alaskan women<actual number unknown>. He is responsible for the murder of at least 17, ranging in age from 16 to 41.

Of these 17 women, Hansen has only formally been charged with the murder of 4; Sherry Morrow, Joanna Messina, Eklutna Annie and Andrea Altiery, as well as the kidnapping, torture, and rape of C. Paulson. I had a very long and enlightening phone conversation with the surviving victim CP, while doing the research. Actress Vanessa Hudgens, played the part of CP in the Frozen Ground movie.

Movie Info: THE FROZEN GROUND is inspired by the incredible true story that follows Alaskan State Trooper Jack Halcombe (Nicolas Cage) as he sets out to end the murderous rampage of Robert Hansen (John Cusack), a serial killer who has gone unnoticed for 13 years. As the bodies of street girls start to pile up in Anchorage, fear strikes a chord with the public. Risking his life, Halcombe goes on a personal manhunt to find the killer before the next body surfaces. When a seventeen year old escapee (Vanessa Hudgens) reveals key information about the case, Halcombe is finally on the trail of the killer. But will he catch him in time to save the next victim?
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_frozen_ground/#
<snipped - read more @ link>

The Manson based program Aquarius has its 2 hour debut on NBC Thursday (May 28) evening.

The Manson based program Aquarius has its 2 hour debut on NBC Thursday (May 28) evening.

Did anyone see these first two episodes? I was hoping it wouldn't look like a TV show but it did-very disappointing I have to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower
Back