Try to have some compassion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gram,
I am truly sorry for the pain you have from dealing with your situation.

I have done my best to keep some sort of compassion for this family for the past month,since I first heard of this case. But you know, over the past few days, I just cannot do it any longer.
Quite frankly, I am sick of their behavior.

I just wish they would direct all this anger, rage, off the wall theory's, into actually making Caylee their first and foremost priority. In my opinion, they have not done that.

I know this isn't very christian of me, but thats how I feel.

Anniegirl, I didn't say that I don't love my son. I do love him, but I don't like him very much.

Annie, I know what you mean, we can't choose our family...we can love them, but we don't have to like them and we don't have to have them in our lives. Loving them and allowing them to be destructive to your life are two different things.

Wow, amazing how philosophical I get late night...

I'm glad you posted this. I agree with you.

Cindy and George will find out soon enough, that Casey's story is all a lie. They may not be ready to accept that yet, and rightfully so. They love their daughter and want to believe in her. It is not our place to judge them.

They are the ones who called LE in the first place. If it is true about a fight on the 15th, or 16th regarding the money Casey stole, and Cindy and George wanting her to own up to it..right there they are trying to do something about her. It is a fine line to walk. When to confront your child do something to try to make them change.

There may be, what seems to us, inconsistencies in some of the stuff they say, but I don't believe them to be lies. I think they are just trying to restate or explain what they either meant to say or something like that.

Unless you are in someone's exact predicament at the same time, with the same people, we should not judge at all.

Let us just hope this mystery is solved soon, so that the healing can begin for everyone, especially them.

Gram,
I am truly sorry for the pain you have from dealing with your situation.

I have done my best to keep some sort of compassion for this family for the past month,since I first heard of this case. But you know, over the past few days, I just cannot do it any longer.
Quite frankly, I am sick of their behavior.

I just wish they would direct all this anger, rage, off the wall theory's, into actually making Caylee their first and foremost priority. In my opinion, they have not done that.

I know this isn't very christian of me, but thats how I feel.

I know......I know.....I often wonder this myself....BUT I simply cannot fathom the hurt and pain, etc....etc....etc....that George and Cindy are feeling now......They have pretty much (all signs point to yes) lost Caylee and now they are facing losing Casey as well. What are we to do in the situation??? I pray to (insert deity) that I NEVER find out.

I'm glad you posted this. I agree with you.

Cindy and George will find out soon enough, that Casey's story is all a lie. They may not be ready to accept that yet, and rightfully so. They love their daughter and want to believe in her. It is not our place to judge them.

They are the ones who called LE in the first place. If it is true about a fight on the 15th, or 16th regarding the money Casey stole, and Cindy and George wanting her to own up to it..right there they are trying to do something about her. It is a fine line to walk. When to confront your child do something to try to make them change.

There may be, what seems to us, inconsistencies in some of the stuff they say, but I don't believe them to be lies. I think they are just trying to restate or explain what they either meant to say or something like that.

Unless you are in someone's exact predicament at the same time, with the same people, we should not judge at all.

Let us just hope this mystery is solved soon, so that the healing can begin for everyone, especially them.

I think they KNOW about her lies....BUT they are in denial....Who on this earth would want to accept the fact that their daughter is capable of something so heinous????

Annie, I hear everything you are saying. And I am not fortunate enough to have children of my own, but I am just curious, what would you do, how would you react if you were faced with evidence that your son harmed a family member?

Know that I am not trying to incite anything...I am trying to work through this in my own mind, if this were my brother or sister, and just soliciting your opinion...

I would be in straight jacket , biting at the ropes---

Sanely speaking,I hope i never have to face anything like this .

You love your child--way more than yourself-- so it would be like myself going through his insanity, pain, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

You love your child--way more than yourself-- so it would be like myself going through his insanity, pain, etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense.....Your children are an extension of yourself. So....To believe that your son/daughter has done sometihng so awful is a very difficult thing to wrap your fingers around.

Hope that makes sense.

Annie, it totally makes sense. And while I don't think there is a "text book" way to handle way the Anthony's are going through, it breaks my heart to see them literally fall apart in front of the media. What happened to their spokesperson. Don't they have anyone helping them? I know that many times people like Mark Klass, John Walsh or Elizabeth Smart's dad, etc, will step forward.

I just want to reach out and tell them to stop talking, stop talking...right now I think they are hurting the case rather than helping.

Does that make sense?

I think everybody would have compassion for George and Cindy if they would have told the truth from day one, and not lied, and lied about everything. JMO

And if they actually went out and tried to find Caylee. There is a way to love your children but still hold them responsible for wrongdoings, and to teach them to do the right thing. They are acting like, oh well, Caylee is gone, we still have Casey, let's move on, world forget I called 911, all is well. Stop trying to beat up the very same press you wanted at your house in the beginning to get out Caylee's pictures. Can we all be wrong in our assumptions and they be the only right ones about what happened to Caylee?

It all starts right here at the bond hearing. From there it's all down hill.Check out the Cindy's inconsistantsy's thread.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/M....jsp?contentId=7039126&version=1&locale=EN-US

Every word this woman has uttered since the inception of the first 911 call has been from her emotions and her natural instinct to protect her children. Something her daughter unfortunately never had any desire to make contact with. I understand the heart of a mother and a grandmother that loves unconditionally. Don't be so hard on her.

Every word this woman has uttered since the inception of the first 911 call has been from her emotions and her natural instinct to protect her children. Something her daughter unfortunately never had any desire to make contact with. I understand the heart of a mother and a grandmother that loves unconditionally. Don't be so hard on her.

I agree. As I have stated before, I have no clue how I would react if I were Cindy, but seriously??? Do you know how hard if would be to fathom the fact that your daughter....your own flesh and blood was the demise of your granddaughter??? For me, it would be pretty damn hard.

And if they actually went out and tried to find Caylee. There is a way to love your children but still hold them responsible for wrongdoings, and to teach them to do the right thing. They are acting like, oh well, Caylee is gone, we still have Casey, let's move on, world forget I called 911, all is well. Stop trying to beat up the very same press you wanted at your house in the beginning to get out Caylee's pictures. Can we all be wrong in our assumptions and they be the only right ones about what happened to Caylee?

They cannot be objective. They are the heart and soul of their family. They were the caretakers of that little girl. They respond and react because they are fighting for their family and all logic has flown right out the window trying to keep their sanity intact. They are devastated by all this. If for nothing else, their emotional responses should tell you that. Cindy is desperate to declare that someone put a body in the car after it was in the tow yard!? You know she is reaching to actually go to the tow yard and question the guy that towed the car. She doesn't know what to do next. George is getting ready to start pitching cameras and curiosity seekers across the street of which I don't blame him. How much are these people supposed to endure at the expense of their daughter?

I agree. As I have stated before, I have no clue how I would react if I were Cindy, but seriously??? Do you know how hard if would be to fathom the fact that your daughter....your own flesh and blood was the demise of your granddaughter??? For me, it would be pretty damn hard.

That would send me into some other kind of reality, for sure. I don't know how they are holding themselves together.

My husband who hasn't followed the case closely, couldn't figure out why I was crying while watching a video of George throwing lawn chairs around. I can't fathom those who judge and harass the only people that really love Caylee. When all the media and protesters are gone, it's going to be George and Cindy who have to live with the loss.
All the 'perfect' people that are crucifying Caylee's grandparents need to realize the damage that they're doing. And stop.

Maybe they shoud ask themselves how Caylee would feel about the way they're treating her Grandma who called LE on her own daughter and has suffered at the hands of those who will never feel pain equivalent to that of Cindy Anthonys.

They cannot be objective. They are the heart and soul of their family. They were the caretakers of that little girl. They respond and react because they are fighting for their family and all logic has flown right out the window trying to keep their sanity intact. They are devastated by all this. If for nothing else, their emotional responses should tell you that. Cindy is desperate to declare that someone put a body in the car after it was in the tow yard!? You know she is reaching to actually go to the tow yard and question the guy that towed the car. She doesn't know what to do next. George is getting ready to start pitching cameras and curiosity seekers across the street of which I don't blame him. How much are these people supposed to endure at the expense of their daughter?

That's the thing, they keep on enduring it and allowing Casey to continue this cherade. I mean come on, they have a demonstration outside their house with how many people, what was Casey doing, what were they doing? How can they allow her to continue this? I wouldn't want her in my house honestly. they allow her to play on her computer while GRANDMA talks to the guy from TES, wouldn't you be like Casey get your arse in here and talk to the man who is trying to find your daughter.

How can they be calling all the media and people who fell in love with Caylee maggots? That is beyond comprehension to me. People came on to try to help find Caylee, people are upset, people want to know where Caylee is, people want answers.

My husband who hasn't followed the case closely, couldn't figure out why I was crying while watching a video of George throwing lawn chairs around. I can't fathom those who judge and harass the only people that really love Caylee. When all the media and protesters are gone, it's going to be George and Cindy who have to live with the loss.
All the 'perfect' people that are crucifying Caylee's grandparents need to realize the damage that they're doing. And stop.

Maybe they shoud ask themselves how Caylee would feel about the way they're treating her Grandma who called LE on her own daughter and has suffered at the hands of those who will never feel pain equivalent to that of Cindy Anthonys.

Amen, Chicana.........Amen.

That's the thing, they keep on enduring it and allowing Casey to continue this cherade. I mean come on, they have a demonstration outside their house with how many people, what was Casey doing, what were they doing? How can they allow her to continue this? I wouldn't want her in my house honestly. they allow her to play on her computer while GRANDMA talks to the guy from TES, wouldn't you be like Casey get your arse in here and talk to the man who is trying to find your daughter.

How can they be calling all the media and people who fell in love with Caylee maggots? That is beyond comprehension to me. People came on to try to help find Caylee, people are upset, people want to know where Caylee is, people want answers.

How quickly people seem to forget it was Cindy that called 911. It was Cindy that called Tim Miller with TES. You didn't understand my post obviously. They cannot see things "OBJECTIVELY".....in other words with logic. They are blocked because of the emotions they are dealing with for their kids, their grandchild. They see it as the whole world is against their daughter. It is essential that Caylee be found alive to them or they will surely not be able to bear it.

I have to admit that, up until this evening, I felt very little compassion for Cindy & George.

I sat down tonight and watched the videos of George with the guys sitting under the umbrella and Cindy talking with some of the protestors.
I couldn't make out a lot of what they were saying (due to my children playing Guitar Hero) so I paid more attention to their facial expressions than usual.

My impression of George is that he's an exposed nerve and emotionally raw.

At one point, the camera zoomed in on Cindy's eyes while she was being yelled at by a protestor. I saw, what I felt, to be tremendous pain.

While I don't agree with how they have handled the situation, I know that I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to be in their shoes. I don't have a clue what it is like to be on the inside of this ordeal and I hope to go forward from this point with more compassion, even if I don't quite understand.

How would Caylee feel about how they are letting their daughter go on with this web of lies while she is missing/maybe dead. I cannot really explain how I feel about them. They may not be able to make her talk, but they can teach her by not allowing this nonsense to go on, not allowing her to be bonded out in their house while refusing to cooperate with finding their grandbaby. They are not even speaking about Caylee in the home, how can you not talk about your grandauther and where she might be?

No, I don't get it, not for 1 second. Caylee has nobody, no voice, Casey has many voices. It is not fair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back