Tsunami Warning for Australia

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The wave is about a metre high and theyre hoping the Barrier Reef will slow it down...this is what I am hearing on the radio........
Just heard on the TV that there is approximately 10ft of water running through the coast area of the Soloman Islands and a lot of debris floating around, and about 4 people unaccounted for so far. Lets hope the great barrier reef slows it down.

Fingers crossed
Am also praying for the people of Soloman Islands, there has been a bit of damage to coastal areas, our prayers and thoughts are with you all.

When I just saw this on FOX they showed a map of Australia and I said an immediate prayer for all of you!

They are saying now at 4:50 that two of the Solomon Islands are under water, 4 killed or unaccounted for. They have cancelled the warning to everyplace except the immediate area of the Solomon Islands. I'm going to have to go look them up on a map!

Scandi And I'm thankful you are all OK. YaYa

A 10' wall of water washed over the islands and several major hotels have been damaged.

When I just saw this on FOX they showed a map of Australia and I said an immediate prayer for all of you!

They are saying now at 4:50 that two of the Solomon Islands are under water, 4 killed or unaccounted for. They have cancelled the warning to everyplace except the immediate area of the Solomon Islands. I'm going to have to go look them up on a map!

Scandi And I'm thankful you are all OK. YaYa

A 10' wall of water washed over the islands and several major hotels have been damaged.
Thats what I have been hearing too but they just said on the TV that the warning for Australia is easing and might not get here, but there has been a lot of damage on the Soloman Islands.

Oh no! This is scary. For all our WS friends, I hope you are OK and continue to be safe. Just heard there have been 2 large quakes, with the 2nd one a 6.?

Have any of you felt the quakes or were they too far away?

Oh no! This is scary. For all our WS friends, I hope you are OK and continue to be safe. Just heard there have been 2 large quakes, with the 2nd one a 6.?

Have any of you felt the quakes or were they too far away?
I never felt anything but I dont know if any of the Aussies living on the East Coast felt anything as they were closer. Things look good now though the warning has been downgraded. So fingers crossed we might have nothing to worry about. I pray for the people of the Soloman Islands they got a lot of damage and there are people missing.
Thanks Ca-Sun for your concern.

I never felt anything but I dont know if any of the Aussies living on the East Coast felt anything as they were closer. Things look good now though the warning has been downgraded. So fingers crossed we might have nothing to worry about. I pray for the people of the Soloman Islands they got a lot of damage and there are people missing.
Thanks Ca-Sun for your concern.
---------------------

I just came on.I am saying a prayer for all who are near the wave.Please keep us up to date..Take care~

praying for all...hope everyone is safe, the lost are found, and there is not much damage.

Dingo, kazz, narla, Shelley beach, and Shazza, I am all of you are safe; but, I am hoping and praying for all of the others in Australia.

Lion

Hello Kimba....its very nice to see you:blowkiss:

That was a BIG quake!
Geological agencies, including those in Australia and Japan, put the magnitude of the quake at 8.1 while the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) revised its earlier estimate to 8.0.
The initial tremor was followed around seven minutes later by a second one, centered farther west, of magnitude 6.7, USGS said.

Japan has some major damage as well.

Have all our Aussie friends checked in so we know everyone is ok?

That was a BIG quake!
Geological agencies, including those in Australia and Japan, put the magnitude of the quake at 8.1 while the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) revised its earlier estimate to 8.0.
The initial tremor was followed around seven minutes later by a second one, centered farther west, of magnitude 6.7, USGS said.

Japan has some major damage as well.

Have all our Aussie friends checked in so we know everyone is ok?
We,re all present and accounted for Ca _Sun:blowkiss:

I just went for a walk down to the Beach. :)

Nothing out of the ordinary, there were people swimming.
I could see 2 Coal tankers way out the back.

I missed the morning news, I keep getting interrupted. LOL

None of the commercial channels are covering this. :confused:

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member