GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Taylan is a relatively popular Turkish male name.

Is the Taylan that is subject of interest on Instagram and is he a photographer?

Just trying to find more on him..

If so, are his initials TK?

Can you clarify what you meant by this?

Sorry, that did not come out right. I have been reading all over various sites and blogs comments from posters that SS was somehow involved in drugs. The sub message is that b/c she is Latina and is traveling abroad to various European countries it is drug related. I never hear these types of comments when it is a non minority. It's troubling. Nothing suggests that this woman was involved in drugs yet the media is suggesting that she spent 10k in Turkey and posters are commenting that she is a drug mule! What other reasons would they be saying this other than the fact that she is a Latina woman from NYC?

What does the reference to "I hope your are wireles" mean? As in a cell phone, or wearing a wire?

I don't understand why he needs her to be wireless. Was he just trying to find out if she had her iphone with her? It's not necessary to be wireless to go to see a bridge.

I don't understand why he needs her to be wireless. Was he just trying to find out if she had her iphone with her? It's not necessary to be wireless to go to see a bridge.
When you meet someone for the first time, in a public place, you may not be able to find each other in the crowd etc, having some way of communicating would be a thought. I am sure this is only why he asked.

If they were communicating through Facebook private messages, she would need her phone to tLk back & forth to meet up with him at his exact location at the bridge.

If they were communicating through Facebook private messages, she would need her phone to tLk back & forth to meet up with him at his exact location at the bridge.

I suppose. Why couldn't they just text or call each other (I guess it's expensive to do so on a roaming phone).

She may not have wanted to give him her phone #?

Sorry, that did not come out right. I have been reading all over various sites and blogs comments from posters that SS was somehow involved in drugs. The sub message is that b/c she is Latina and is traveling abroad to various European countries it is drug related. I never hear these types of comments when it is a non minority. It's troubling. Nothing suggests that this woman was involved in drugs yet the media is suggesting that she spent 10k in Turkey and posters are commenting that she is a drug mule! What other reasons would they be saying this other than the fact that she is a Latina woman from NYC?

Because she is a woman traveling alone. I am neither Hispanic nor from NYC and I am acutely aware that when I fly to certain countries alone, I will get more scrutiny going through immigration and customs. Women are used as mules because they don't SEEM like drug smugglers. It's just a fact of life. Sort of how one of the places you are most likely to get pickpocketed in certain cities is while visiting a church. There is an illusion of safety in churches, and criminals prey on that. (pun unintended, but acknowledged)

honestly I don't see the drug thing at all. She was flying. You can drive from Istanbul to Amsterdam or Munich, and you'd be unlikely to hit a border check on the way. I entirely fail to see why any drug smuggler would bother putting a rookie mule on a plane when they could load up a truck and drive it.

Maybe it does happen but if so then organised crime is way less organised than I thought it was.

Wonder what are the chances she ended up in the water while taking pictures?

article-2269207-1733CE26000005DC-287_634x423.jpg

Last stop: Mrs Sierra told her mother on her last day in Istanbul she planned to visit the Galata Bridge but missed her flight back

http://www.newsgrio.com/latest-news/31103-sarai-sierra-missing-in-turkey-mother-went-on-several-trips-out-of-the-country.html

I would say it is extremely unlikely that Sarai fell off Galata Bridge. The Galata Bridge area is always full of tourists, fishermen etc. It's not possible to get into the water without anyone noticing. The area around Galata Tower is also very touristy, so it's unlikely that anything happened to Sarai there.

I used google translate for the entire article at the second link. I'm not sure about the accuracy, but it says that LE found the man and is questioning him. FYI, I know nothing about the reliability of what is reported on primerahora.com -- I've never heard of the site. Anyone know?

Here it is untranslated and then translated:

La Policía turca encontró hoy, jueves, a Taylan, una de las personas de interés en la desaparición de Sierra.

Varios noticieros locales en Turquía informaron el suceso en sus ediciones de las 7:00 p.m. (hora de Turquía). Se indicó que las autoridades se encuentran interrogando al hombre.

La solidaridad del pueblo turco se manifestó temprano en el día cuando personas salieron a las calles a buscar a Sarai mientras mostraban la foto de la joven a los transeúntes.

Translation through google (BBM):

Turkish police found today, Thursday, to Taylan, one of the persons of interest in the disappearance of Sierra.

Several local news reported the event in Turkey in their editions of 7:00 pm (Turkey). He said authorities are questioning the man.

The solidarity of the Turkish people is expressed early in the day when people took to the streets in search of Sarai as they showed the picture of the young passers.

And this translation from babelxl.com (BBM):

Turkish police found today, Thursday, Taylan, one of the persons of interest in the disappearance of Sierra.

Several local news in Turkey reported the event in its editions from 7:00 p.m. (time of Turkey). It was stated that the authorities are interrogating the man.

The solidarity of the Turkish people manifested itself early in the day when people took to the streets to search for Sarai while they showed the picture of the young passersby.

This is the closest I can find through any other news outlet regarding Taylan - but it doesn't say that he has been located and is being questioned:

Authorities reportedly uncover identity of 'Taylan,' may be break in case of Sarai Sierra, Staten Island woman missing in Turkey

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. - Turkish authorities have uncovered the identity of "Taylan," the individual believed to be one of the last people to have contact with a Staten Island mother before she vanished in Istanbul, according to a report by the Hurriyet Daily News.

The identity of the person was discovered by the FBI and transmitted to Turkish police, the Dogan News Agency is reporting.

More at http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/01/authorities_reportedly_uncover.html

I was looking on instagram last night and saw that one of her IG friends was posting about her being missing. She (I am pretty sure it was a woman) said that none of them had any idea that she had children. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I found it a little odd. If she was doing it to protect her privacy, would she have organised to meet up with people she met on there?

Many sites report that they have found Taylan and were going to question him, but not at the police station, at his request. Can't find the translated article but one I read said that he was afraid and didn't want to go to the police station.

The identity of the contact has been uncovered and transmitted to the Turkish police by the FBI, according to Doğan news agency. The authorities have decided not to disclose the identity of “Taylan,” and the public prosecutor will determine if "Taylan" will be taken into custody after an interrogation. However, the man is not a suspect and the interrogation will not take place at a police station on a specific request made by the witness, the report said citing official sources.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/re...-case.aspx?pageID=238&nID=40232&NewsCatID=341

Many sites report that they have found Taylan and were going to question him, but not at the police station, at his request. Can't find the translated article but one I read said that he was afraid and didn't want to go to the police station.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/re...-case.aspx?pageID=238&nID=40232&NewsCatID=341

I wonder why other MSM sites aren't covering this -- that he has been found? I hope it's true, although the Turkish LE has said they are seeking 3 other individuals (I think it was 4, but that included Taylan).

Someone knows where Sarai is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members