GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hostel" is just a dumb slasher movie without anything close to reality in it. Seriously.

Well, according to Tarantino it is loosely based on a conversation that was overheard on a eurotrain (don't know how true that is). My point is sometimes it's better to put the fear of God in some people.

http://www.cnnturk.com/2013/turkiye/02/01/taylan.gozaltina.alindi/694813.0/index.html

No further clear information in article, other than that TK's story is that his email box was closed and he only received Sarai's request to meet an hour after it was sent. And that he did not see her that day. (Not clear if he is saying he tried to or not).

That's not surprising that he was released. I wonder how much of an "investigation" was done. Was his home searched and inspected? Probably not. Not surprised at all.

T.K., 30, told police in his statement that he met Sierra four months ago on Instagram. As Today's Zaman reported on Thursday, Sierra used the photo-sharing site to chronicle her stay in İstanbul and side trips to Amsterdam and Munich. She used Instagram to communicate with and meet locals such as Ammer Reduron, with whom she stayed in Amsterdam, and T.K., a university graduate living in İstanbul.

According to the police, T.K. and Sierra met twice in person before she went missing. The last time they met was Jan. 20 in Sirkeci. The following day, Sierra sent an email to T.K. about meeting up on the Eminönü side of Galata Bridge, but he never received the message.

Security camera footage shows Sierra walking alone at 12 p.m. on Jan. 21 in the direction of Galata Bridge, a police official investigating her disappearance told Today's Zaman. “T.K. and Sierra did not meet that day,” he said.

Some media outlets have speculated that Sierra, whose family says she came to Turkey to take photos, may have been smuggling drugs in Europe. But the police official who wished to remain anonymous refuted that claim. The police did not find any trace of drugs in the room Sierra rented for 13 days in the backstreets of Beyoglu, and T.K. and Sierra “simply followed each other's photos.”

The police official also told Today's Zaman claims that T.K. has been arrested are false. “After giving us his statement, T.K. left,” he said.
http://www.todayszaman.com/news-305...issing-new-yorker-met-with-her-on-jan-20.html

if she was staying with friends how did she spend 10k?? :eek:

This may not be a popular opinion, but it is my opinion that she was having an "online affair" with this person and went there to meet him under the guise of being adventurous and wanting to take pictures. There are way too many things that do not add up (to me) as being normal behavior of a married mom, yet there are many things that add up (to me) as pointing to an affair. I have been weighing ALL possibilities of what could have happened here.

I am an experienced traveler - having traveled to other countries. However, I am also a pretty responsible adult woman and know that traveling even alone in the US is not safe without proper protection (I have a CCW and am always armed).

I get it that others here have done some alone trips to other countries.............BUT..........a married mom who has never stepped foot outside her own country going to a place that is NOT the same as the US (the US AF base located there is often on lockdown as I have known many people stationed there)....who by all accounts (nobody has said anything) knows not a damn thing about customs and crime, etc....AND meeting up with a man (she didn't even know if it was truly a man (er, men) - hello T'EO!!) in said foreign country is NOT NORMAL!!

I understand internet dating - I have done it myself - but I abide by some damn strict rules and I would never go meet some unknown dude in some other country ALONE - especially if married!

The husband sounds very naïve and maybe a bit in denial.

I just don't think that she is innocent in all of this. And really, wouldn't that be the best conclusion in all of this....much better than the alternative :(

....hoping truth comes out soon!

Yes, I too feel that she was having an "emotional affair" and sometimes when you travel things are so romanticized that you almost want to live there. I still believe that she has "runaway".

If he didn't lie, why didn't he come to the police voluntarily? And why is he in custody? I think that he is somehow suspicious...

We may not know the relationship between the Turkish police and its citizens. Not all police are as nice as Americans one (I say that half joking). Maybe in Turkey if you show up at the police station you get beat. I know this happens in the Carribbean countries. So, he may have been simply scared.

So now on the link nurse posted http://www.todayszaman.com/news-305815-last-person-to-see-missing-new-yorker-met-with-her-on-jan-20.html they say TK did not saw her that day. Does it mean that he has an alibi for the time she was expecting to meet with him and waited for him at the bridge?
Was she seen leaving alone?

The article states that the news TK was detained are false and he was let go on his way after questioning him someplace other than the police station. My head is spinning from all the conflicting information given in different articles.

Facts:
- She stayed in Turkey in a rented room.
- She traveled to Amsterdam to meet AR (as evidenced by the photos he provided).
- She went to Germany.
- She was seen on video in the airport.
- She was seen on video near the bridge alone.
- She had 2 phones, 1 American and 1 Turkish and an iPad.
- She left her passport in the room.
- TK was questioned and released.

Any more to add?

As an avid Skype user, I want to make it clear (to those who know nothing of Skype) that Skype does not need to be used to TALK (like a phone) or VIDEO. It is also just an instant messenger like Yahoo messenger....where you just TYPE like texting on your phone. People automatically equate Skype with talking or video...that is not the case. It has multiple uses. Just an FYI.

Can her cell phone company see where the Skype was used and to whom it was sent to?

Can her cell phone company see where the Skype was used and to whom it was sent to?

No, skype is a separate application and a phone company will not be able to see what transpires on it. As far as I know Skype is very secretive and has set up their entity in a country where they do not have release any information to anyone.

I wondered about that one. There seems to be conflicting opinions here as to whether that is a true fact. So, I'm not sure?

Yes I agree, especially since the Police themseleves said this is not accurate. Plus CC and Banks DO NOT release this info, and even if the Police had this info, it is not relevant to finding her and would not release it. Anyways, they said it is not true..

It seems odd too that all these people she met online were MEN. If the interest were just photography, wouldn't it be a mixed group of men and women? Why only men? Seems like 2 in Amsterdam and 4 in turkey. That is strange, I would think most women, let alone married women, would feel more comfortable meeting women online for casual conversation, not men.

Indeed, even in the US, how many people casually meet a member of the opposite sex in person after meeting them first online? Hardly any, most cases where you meet someone of the opposite sex in person it is for dating...in fact, even if under the guise of something else, most single men meeting a women they met online see it as a romantic thing, IMO. I wonder if these guys knew she was married, like I wonder if any of her pics show her husband and kids...

No, skype is a separate application and a phone company will not be able to see what transpires on it. As far as I know Skype is very secretive and has set up their entity in a country where they do not have release any information to anyone.

Yes, at least where I live, the police says Skype is their worst nightmare. They are not able to obtain any data from them and criminals know this and therefor often using it to communicate with one another.

Two opinions:

1. She is very naive, very into her faith, and just too trusting. One of her meetups did something to her, or some random did something to her.

2. She is still into her faith, but misleading people about her intentions. Had some "hook ups" in Turkey, and maybe in Amsterdam. I still think the Instagram photos and communications between her and the two guys in Amsterdam, especially the main friend she crashed on his "couch" are fishy..I feel like it was more than just "friends". Why the 3 finger 1 girl + 2 guy reference with them hugging her, and the #threesome tag he used on the pic as well, then her subtle "two is better than one.." reference on her own pic irregardless of it being a reflection pic..within the same 24 hr period. Just odd. Yes, this makes me think she could have met a Turk lover, or maybe even in another country. Do you need your passport to cross borders in the EU once you are in the EU? I would assume you do. So I assume she is still in Turkey with someone.

I lean either way on this one. It doesn't matter to me that her hubbie and her had a great relationship, I know married/engaged women who cheat on their hubbies in the most fantastic relationships. This happens all the time, especially without problems, they just have lots of love and sexual curiosities. It is VERY hard for me to believe she left her kids like that though. This is where this theory just does not add up, at all. Moms who are good Moms do not do this. She did not in anyway seem to be a delinquent Mom, just the opposite.

I really do not know. The phone being on 2x since though, means nothing to me. The phone could have been found in a field and some kid turned it on to see if it works, tried skype, turned it off, turned it on again the next day. Who knows if it was her or some random. Hope it was on long enough they could triangulate between towers and determine in what area it was though. This would be pure gold, then they could search within this radius even if it was a few miles, and ask residents there..etc. Hey, if the FBI, State Dept, and Turkish Police with a specialized unit are all on this, I am sure their best and brightest want this solved asap and are using all tech and abilities they can. They will find something soon, and I am actually amazed how fast they are progressing.

Ive got a friend that kind of reminds me of this woman. my friend met her husband in college, he was her only serious boyfriend, they married as soon as they graduated and seemed to live the perfect lil happy life.. however on the inside (I was one of the only ones to see this side of her) she was unhappy, un-satisified, curious as to what else was out there.... she didn't experience anything i think someone in their 20's should experience. no parties, no mistakes, no staying out late, no boyfriends that were @$$holes. This side of her finally came out, even though she was still trying to put up a facade. She was talking to guys on the internet, partying while her husband was out of town on business. Ended up "running away" from it all after a while. she was found a few days later but only because her new guy on the side contacted her husband.
I cant help but to think that this lady may have wanted to get away and experience a different life than the husband, children, perfect life that she seemed to have. could she have told her friend that she was really going over to see some guy and, possible, her friend wanted nothing to do with it?? Could that be why the friend backed out at the last minute?
Im just trying to pull ideas outta my head here as to what could have been going on in her mind.
MOO JMO and all that jazz

The police said Taylan messaged Sierra three times to meet him on Jan. 21, but said they would not yet release information to the public.

The police on Friday morning provided more information about the identity of Taylan, with whom they met for three hours on Thursday night at an unidentified police station.

According to the police, T.K. and Sierra met twice in person before she went missing. The last time they met was Jan. 20 in Sirkeci. The following day, Sierra sent an email to T.K. about meeting up on the Eminönü side of Galata Bridge, but he never received the message.

Security camera footage shows Sierra walking alone at 12 p.m. on Jan. 21 in the direction of Galata Bridge, a police official investigating her disappearance told Today's Zaman. “T.K. and Sierra did not meet that day,” he said.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-305815-last-person-to-see-missing-new-yorker-met-with-her-on-jan-20.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico