Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to my point about criminals using public transit, check out where the DART station is in proximity to the RaceTrac and Alan's house.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.53.58 AM.png
Also, checkout where the green and blue lines run in proximity to where the Porsche was recovered. The green line is a direct shot from south Dallas to Alan's area. Blue is not, but easy switch at downtown station, and closer to the Porsche recovery site.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.11.10 PM.png
Maybe whoever did it was from south Dallas, took train to area they might know fairly well, committed crime, drove back to south D, Porsche was too hot to sell and dumped nearby

Is it safe to assume that LE has pulled video from these 2-3 train stations in the early hours of the day in question??

I know, I know. Put the coffee down and back off slowly!

Going back to my point about criminals using public transit, check out where the DART station is in proximity to the RaceTrac and Alan's house.

View attachment 272801
Also, checkout where the green and blue lines run in proximity to where the Porsche was recovered. The green line is a direct shot from south Dallas to Alan's area. Blue is not, but easy switch at downtown station, and closer to the Porsche recovery site.

View attachment 272800
Maybe whoever did it was from south Dallas, took train to area they might know fairly well, committed crime, drove back to south D, Porsche was too hot to sell and dumped nearby

Is it safe to assume that LE has pulled video from these 2-3 train stations in the early hours of the day in question??

I know, I know. Put the coffee down and back off slowly!
No—- drink an espresso and keep it coming!

And, absolutely the DART station comes in to play in my opinion. I agree. I noted the location of where car was found was next to a bust stop. Interestingly to me, someone has attached their photo to that bust stop almost like the “own” the area.

I do think using the DART doesn’t necessarily make it random.

ETA: link -
Simpson Stuart at Bonnie View E FS
Dallas, TX 75241
Google Maps

Last edited:
I’m just gonna play devils advocate here and brainstorm with you. Because I go round and round with this too.

The last sentence where you say 15-20 minutes to carjack being long odds... it seems like even 2 minutes at an intersection would be even longer odds to go unnoticed and not have an immediate phone all from a witness reporting the crime. And unless there was another stop planned, it happened quickly, or it’s not a carjacking.

So is it not a carjacking at all? If not, IMO it is most definitely a targeted crime. And in both cases, why was the car found in Oak Cliff - locked.

Agree 100% on the intersection - definitely not going to happen in this area. Although a bit industrial, it is SO busy and wide open.

I keep going back to the kidnapping/carjacking from 11/4
- Happened within a couple of BLOCKS of Alan's house (maybe their preferred "Area"?)
- Wanted money - not the car (dumped the Porsche)
- One of them was staying off Bonnie View in south Dallas (maybe near where the Porsche was dumped? not sure of address he was staying at)

I was just posting a link to a report on a robbery in that neighborhood where the suspects "escaped" using the Inwood/Love Field Dart station.
Questions after 55-minute dispatch for armed robbery call in Oak Lawn | wfaa.com

That station is literally right around the corner from the Racetrac.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

AW was one mile from home. He is missing. His car has been found intact. His credit cards have not been used.

Hopefully, LE has his phone records to see who called him last. It would seem to me that this was targeted. He was lured some place to make a stop before going home. There, he met his demise.

100%

What is the motive? Further, what is the motive to hide his body (assuming that he is gone)?

*Vehicle was found and not sold or taken to a 'chop shop'

*No CC or ATM activity

*No body (body hidden)

What does that usually mean? Murder. Usually targeted, correct?

I'm assuming that LE has started with the inner circle, eliminating them first.

I hope so, but for some reason they're not telling..

100%

*Vehicle was found and not sold or taken to a 'chop shop'

*No CC or ATM activity

*No body (body hidden)

What does that usually mean? Murder. Usually targeted, correct?

I hope so, but for some reason they're not telling..

What is throwing me off somewhat is the fact that AW and his husband had company visiting. That seems like an odd time for a targeted attack by someone in his inner circle.

Without knowing any more than we do, I am completely flummoxed.

Is there a problem there with homeless and/or drug addicts lingering in the gas station bathrooms? It has been previously suggested, iirc, but can imagine someone slipping undetected into Alan's car anywhere his car may have been stopped, ie the gym, the gas station.

I visited this Racetrac after Alan disappeared. While I can't speak to the bathrooms I can say there was a steady stream of transients who crossed the Racetrac lot whether front lot (where the pumps are) or back lot (behind the store) and in the shopping center behind. There were a handful who crossed in front of me as I pumped gas and two who hung out close to the store entryway. One of the two started approaching people at the pump as I was leaving presumably asking for money.

I felt uncomfortable as I was leaving knowing Alan was last seen there.

Why don’t these reporters ASK QUESTIONS!!!! What was the new evidence? Can you tell us?

I don’t get how a car can have no evidence yet Alan can’t be found and he’s a mile from home. !

Also, I never saw anything stated that said there was no evidence found in the vehicle, just that there were no signs of violence.
Actually, all we have about the condition the car was found in was in was the Oct. 30th WFAA interview with Tim White saying, "all we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked." And what AW's niece told us about the car being found wet inside and with muddy tires. I would bet the "new developments," are that results from processing the car found evidence of foul play! MOO

I think one of the biggest keys or missing pieces is who was texting him or what was he doing on phone at the gas station.

Trash & recycling pick-up for Alan's street is on Thursdays, which falls on the same day he went missing on 10/22.

View attachment 272792
Residential Garbage Collection

I wonder what time this usually occurs? Was a collector truck blocking his street leading him to either wait or take a detour? Were cans blocking the street causing him to get out and move them? Any garbage/recycling truck workers in the neighborhood that might have seen something? MOO

Generally when there are alleys behind the house in this area (I live in Fort Worth, used to live in the Dallas area), the trash and recycling are collected in back via the alley. If there is a collector truck there, you can't park in your garage, and have to return to the front of the house to park there for a while until the collection is done. Every now and then, you encounter a collection truck as you are driving down the alley and have to back up to the street and go around to the front. The alleys tend to look a little more narrow than they actually are - while there is not room for two cars to pass each other, there is enough room for the trash/recycling bins and one car.

ETA: MOO

Actually, all we have about the condition the car was found in was in was the Oct. 30th WFAA interview with Tim White saying, "all we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked." And what AW's niece told us about the car being found wet inside and with muddy tires. I would bet the "new developments," are that results from processing the car found evidence of foul play! MOO

I’m not doubting there’s evidence. I know that the Niece mentioned the seats being wet, but I’m wondering if that wasn’t from a sunroof or windows being open. I guess my comment to the other member was that we don’t know that there is or is no evidence, but I’m assuming there may be.

Fwiw..
Regarding the mud on Alan's car's wheels.. rbbm.

Predicting provenance of forensic soil samples: Linking soil to ecological habitats by metabarcoding and supervised classification
''Soil is commonly encountered as trace evidence in criminal cases, i.e. mud sticking to footwear, tires and shovels, soil splash marks on vehicles, and traces left on clothes, the floor or in the trunk of vehicles. Those soil samples can be compared to samples from known locations, where an offence is thought to have occurred, thereby establishing a link between a suspect or a victim and a crime scene. In an investigative process, where for example the crime scene is unknown, soil trace evidence can also give valuable information on geographic origin or provenance and help narrow the search for a location.''

Murderers often bury their victims close to last sighting: Dutch research - DutchNews.nl
''Almost 60% of murder victims are buried within 10 kilometres of where they were last seen, according to research by the Dutch forensic institute NFI. Of them, almost half are within a five kilometre radius of their last known sighting and one in five is just 20 metres away. This is because relatives or ex-partners who kill often hide the body in the victim’s garden, the NFI said. In gangland killings, bodies are usually taken to a distant location by car and dumped, often in wooded areas. ‘Most people think murder victims are buried as far away as possible but that is usually not the case,’ researcher Lieke Dix said.''

''Killers also often place bodies in locations they already know, such as somewhere they played as a child or went for walks, Dix’s research shows''

I think one of the biggest keys or missing pieces is who was texting him or what was he doing on phone at the gas station.
I quoted you earlier diggingdeeper but forgot to add my comment! I was going to say that that video had a lot of skipping and then stuck time - probably because it is stored in a cloud based application. The amount of time AW stands at the car door and looks at his phone seems like a long time but from the timer you can see in the upper left corner every once in a while, it appears to me to be less than 30 seconds. I was even wondering if maybe he was looking at the key fob to lock the door instead of at his phone.

I’m not doubting there’s evidence. I know that the Niece mentioned the seats being wet, but I’m wondering if that wasn’t from a sunroof or windows being open. I guess my comment to the other member was that we don’t know that there is or is no evidence, but I’m assuming there may be.
Sorry if it sounded like I was correcting you - I was meaning it to agree with and add on to what you said. A better way to have said this would have been - You are right jonesjones, no mention has been made of whether or what evidence in the car at this point just that there was no obvious damage. And, in fact, I think the 'new developments' are that they have found evidence while processing the car.

Last edited:
Good question - and hard to say because they would have been able to request phone records quickly but it was a week before finding the car and then they had to file the warrant first, right?
Using Verizon as an example. If LE did not request the records right away- looks like request turn around is two weeks, then the time to review. My point, they may have gotten cell records back about this time.
https://cryptome.org/isp-spy/verizon-spy.pdf

Hello! Long time lurker..first time poster.

Someone help me understand why this case has not had ANY public searches for him and no vigils etc either? I don’t get that at all.

I find it odd that his husband could not get cell records for him or his location per the VI. I have my own location on and shared with only my mother just in case of a problem for either one of us. Why was his own husband totally locked out of his digital life? To me that is odd. We can talk about confidentiality for his job sure but in reality no. It’s very easy to share just a location with another phone. It doesn’t compromise the privacy of either person.

He was really looking at his phone in the gas station video. The VI said his last text was 6:30 (30 minutes after we last see him) and it obviously was someone besides his husband IMO.

<modsnip>

It is so very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Long time lurker..first time poster.

Someone help me understand why this case has not had ANY public searches for him and no vigils etc either? I don’t get that at all.

I find it odd that his husband could not get cell records for him or his location per the VI. I have my own location on and shared with only my mother just in case of a problem for either one of us. Why was his own husband totally locked out of his digital life? To me that is odd. We can talk about confidentiality for his job sure but in reality no. It’s very easy to share just a location with another phone. It doesn’t compromise the privacy of either person.

He was really looking at his phone in the gas station video. The VI said his last text was 6:30 (30 minutes after we last see him) and it obviously was someone besides his husband IMO.

<modsnip>

It is so very strange.

Welcome to Websleuths!

What I find strange is this: The Verified Family Member said that they hadn't been able to get Alan's phone records, and all they knew is his that last data usage was at 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. If they didn't have his phone records then how would they know what time the last text he received was? Unless the husband sent a text at 6.30 asking where he was and they are assuming it was the last text he received?

Very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members