Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this may sound like it’s coming out of left field, but with everything being so quiet my thoughts are moving towards some sort of witness protection initiative perhaps?? I guess anything possible at this point.
Hi Robinmay, and welcome to your first post!!!
You are so right. Given what little info we have, it seems every possibility is still on the table!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Since it is reported that the status changed to missing endangered due to a recent conversation with family, I wonder if the family noticed missing meds or a gun that wasn’t recovered from the vehicle-just thinking along the lines of self harm.
My immediate thought when I read that new designation was confusion due to a medical condition. However, that's just an amateur guess. Anything is possible here it seems. So little info, only questions...

Amateur opinion and speculation

Popping in for updates and there are none :(
I feel so bad for AW's husband and family.
Christmas is coming up, his niece's wedding in the future, these events he will miss.
Where are you Alan ???
What the heck happened??
I am praying LE has a ton more info than they are letting on and that he is found soon.

Personally, I think that the status change in his case was quite possibly because of info from family as the articles state. Remember, they had a number on their poster going to a private detective group. I would be a tad frustrated if that private detective had taken some of my money and not garnered any new information that LE didn't have. I also don't think that LE had much manpower on this case in the beginning. They a multitude of cases happening at once and the department is not without many public complaints happening right now. So, yes, I think the PI uncovered something and in NO way do I think it is related to a medical condition, or missing meds, or a self harm threat from Alan. Not at all the right time for that.....

It is hard to talk about some of the possibilities that I am considering and stay within TOS. I think there are real reasons that AW could have been a target.

Personally, I am not in the random carjacking group. I think this is by someone known to AW. Of those that are discussable I wouldn't rule out someone from the gym. Someone that was offended by Alan for some reason or someone that was somewhat of a stalker. If every person at the gym that day, or normally there that time of day and anyone that works there hasn't been reviewed they should be, imho.

MOO

Tim Bosma, who was killed for his vehicle by perps DM and MS, was disposed of in an incinerator.

You are correct about the disposal method, but Tim was killed for the “thrill of the kill”, literally. I followed every detail of that case because it happened very close to where I live (the disposal, not the murder). The truck and test drive where just a front DM used to lure his victim. Pathetic, spoiled brat spent all of his parents money after he murdered his father while he slept (convicted of that murder after he was found guilty of Tim’s & an ex GF’s murders). 3 x life in prison with 75 years of parole ineligibility.

AW could have been the victim of a carjacking, but not likely the same motive.

You are correct about the disposal method, but Tim was killed for the “thrill of the kill”, literally. I followed every detail of that case because it happened very close to where I live (the disposal, not the murder). The truck and test drive where just a front DM used to lure his victim. Pathetic, spoiled brat spent all of his parents money after he murdered his father while he slept (convicted of that murder after he was found guilty of Tim’s & an ex GF’s murders). 3 x life in prison with 75 years of parole ineligibility.

AW could have been the victim of a carjacking, but not likely the same motive.
I agree.. I followed Tim's and Laura's case also.
It is not the same vibe as this, IMO

I agree.. I followed Tim's and Laura's case also.
It is not the same vibe as this, IMO

Not even close.
In Tim's case, the truck was the goal and TB was in the way. (Sorry, hate saying that but all y'all who followed know what I mean).

In this case, I think Alan was the target, for whatever reason, because he's the one detail of this whole mystery that is still unaccounted for.

His auto rental was located - and by all reports, we've not heard there was anything out of ordinary with the vehicle.
That leaves out car-jackers or general auto theft.
Also from all we know, his bank cards and/or ATM cards (robbery) haven't been used.
So stealing cash wasn't the target/motive.

The only one still missing an unaccounted for is AW.

jmo

I’ve said upthread that I don’t think he was targeted for the car (or stealing the car was the motive) because Alan disappeared Oct 22, the first media report was Oct 27, and the car was found Oct 29. The car wasn’t dumped due to “heat” or publicity because there wasn’t any for several days. If the car was parked to monitor for GPS tracking, they waited a week. Was the plan to park it for a month? A year? It doesn’t make sense, IMO.

That sets aside that Alan hasn’t been found. The main reason a possibly car-motivated criminal would hide a body would be to hide evidence that could lead to the criminal. Of course, that could be fear of DNA evidence of some sort, like if there had been a physical struggle with Alan that led to an injury to his assailant. But I can’t help but speculate that there was a personal connection between Alan and a possible criminal, even if it was indirect (they share the same gym, for instance). MOO.

The main exception I could see IMO for a carjacking/car-motivated-crime is a scenario that @rosesfromangels and others have mentioned: the criminals are literally children or mentally disabled. In this speculation: While committing the carjacking or a related crime (ATM theft or home invasion), they accidentally kill Alan (or at least it was unplanned). They panic, dump the body (and get lucky in that he hasn’t been found) and dump the car. It would have been random and senseless and hard to solve without direct evidence.

I don’t think he left voluntarily, but can’t rule it out. I would think if he planned to disappear, he would have had a better cover story that gave him more time. His husband started worrying about his whereabouts 15 minutes after he was last seen on video (that we know of) and panicking 30 minutes later. From all accounts, Alan was a planner: he had a schedule and stuck to it. I suspect he would planned his own disappearance better.

That leaves me with the speculation that he was targeted for some reason aside from his vehicle and likely knew, and may have even planned to meet briefly with, his assailant. If it was a planned meeting, I would speculate it was to exchange something and that’s all because there wasn’t enough time to do much else. What? I do not know. As always, MOO.

I'm not entirely convinced of the carjacking scenario myself. I just think that there is a greater chance that a carjacking (for money) - or even a targeted harm situation, occurred than a self disappearance or a self harm scenario.

Again, why go to the gym if you're planning self harm? Why go get gas? Why self disappear or self harm when things appear to be going so great? Why (and how) did the car end up in south Dallas? Why initiate ANY disappearance or self harm plan at a time that your niece and her fiancé are visiting your home? Why disappear or self harm when you literally have no time available to do so (he was expected home like right now, and was of course missed right away)

Why disappear or self harm when you are using a high-end loaner car (which might be trackable)? And if he did self harm, why was his body not found with the loaner? If he wanted to disappear by other means (public transportation), why was his car not found someplace like the Inwood Love Field Transit Station lot - or, for that matter, why wasn't it found halfway across the country (anywhere but south Dallas)?

So, I presently think that foul play of some sort is a more likely scenario than an intentional disappearance or self harm scenario. But who knows? We certainly do have a bizarre set of facts that don't seem to fit completely any one scenario.

Although it may be very improbable (and of course this is all speculation), I'll put this one out there to see what my fellow sleuthers think:

If it was a carjacking / "held-hostage" situation similar to the Hedgerow Dr. crime - where the victim/hostage was first taken to various ATM's to withdraw money, and was then taken somewhere to be held for ransom, and -

if before any swap or further negotiations with family / LE could take place, the unknown perps were arrested and jailed by DPD for a totally-separate-but-similar crime occurring just two weeks later - this might explain the facts as we now see them: the car has been found, AW has not been found, and nobody is talking. Just one possible scenario (and again, complete conjecture).

I hope that is not what has happened, and that AW will soon be found safe and well

Jmo

Last edited:
I'm not entirely convinced of the carjacking scenario myself. I just think that there is a greater chance that a carjacking (for money) - or even a targeted harm situation, occurred than a self disappearance or a self harm scenario.

Again, why go to the gym if you're planning self harm? Why go get gas? Why self disappear or self harm when things appear to be going so great? Why (and how) did the car end up in south Dallas? Why initiate ANY disappearance or self harm plan at a time that your niece and her fiancé are visiting your home? Why disappear or self harm when you literally have no time available to do so (he was expected home like right now, and was of course missed right away)

Why disappear or self harm when you are using a high-end loaner car (which might be trackable)? And if he did self harm, why was his body not found with the loaner? If he wanted to disappear by other means (public transportation), why was his car not found someplace like the Inwood Love Field Transit Station lot - or, for that matter, why wasn't it found halfway across the country (anywhere but south Dallas)?

So, I presently think that foul play of some sort is a more likely scenario than an intentional disappearance or self harm scenario. But who knows? We certainly do have a bizarre set of facts that don't seem to fit completely any one scenario.

Although it may be very improbable (and of course this is all speculation), I'll put this one out there to see what my fellow sleuthers think:

If it was a carjacking / "held-hostage" situation similar to the Hedgerow Dr. crime - where the victim/hostage was first taken to various ATM's to withdraw money, and was then taken somewhere to be held for ransom, and -

if before any swap or further negotiations with family / LE could take place, the unknown perps were arrested and jailed by DPD for a totally-separate-but-similar crime occurring just two weeks later - this might explain the facts as we now see them: the car has been found, AW has not been found, and nobody is talking. Just one possible scenario (and again, complete conjecture).

I hope that is not what has happened, and that AW will soon be found safe and well

Jmo

ABOVE BBM
I keep thinking that it is possible that this was a failed attempt by the same car jackers that pulled the kidnapping for ransom a couple weeks later. Alan may have fought and refused to give them any information about who they would contact, where he lives, etc. to demand money. They could have gotten angry and trigger happy. Not sure how he would have gotten rid of his ID to avoid them finding his name/address but maybe there is a way. The vehicle wasn't his so there wouldn't be a vehicle registration with his personal information in the glove compartment. He knew his niece was at his house so I think he would risk his life to save hers. I thought I read that there was mud on the tires? Maybe I am imaging that? If so, they could have gone somewhere out of the way to dispose of him. Then they regrouped and 2 weeks later they pulled off the next attempt. I don't know. We really don't know enough to know anything solid. Maybe his going missing is related to his place of employment. Or a stalker. Or who knows? It's sad. He seems to be very loved and his poor mama. He could have gone into the store part of the fuel station because something gave him the creeps outside. I have done that myself. Just had a bad feeling and no way was I leading someone to my home where my family was. I really hope he is found soon :(

this is in the Dallas city limits we’re talking about, not vast mountain terrain. Seems like somebody would have spotted him by now if he had been quickly dumped, as would be the case in a random crime or even a planned, targeted murder for that matter..

Statistically, I whole heartedly agree with you. The only place in Dallas City limits that I know of where one can find easy concealment spots that are very rarely frequented by others are the Trinity river bottoms.

The bottoms have a homeless population, but my guess is even they stay away from the completely brushed over lots.

Rather, the homeless and other people frequenting the bottoms use foot trails along the Trinity, feeder stream culverts, and trails through lightly wooded or open lots to move around. In the end, they like ease of movement just like anybody else.

Trails along the Trinity river or feeder streams have bridges which 0ffer shelter and bathing opportunities. Then there is the ability to collect aluminum washed down the river, or directly from drinking spots, also along trails or tracks for ease of access.

In short.....

Certain parts of the bottoms are probably not frequented much, even by homeless as they are held to be "not worth it" in regards to potential shelter or interesting things to find.

But..... as you implied, a body placed in most of the bottoms would probably have been found by now by homeless (my bet is that some are very aware of their surroundings), or, in the gentrifying sections of the bottoms, cyclists or maintenance crews.

As a result, the conditions above could imply somebody with more that casual knowledge of a portion of the bottoms to notice the less frequented spots.

Statistically, I whole heartedly agree with you. The only place in Dallas City limits that I know of where one can find easy concealment spots that are very rarely frequented by others are the Trinity river bottoms.

The bottoms have a homeless population, but my guess is even they stay away from the completely brushed over lots.

Rather, the homeless and other people frequenting the bottoms use foot trails along the Trinity, feeder stream culverts, and trails through lightly wooded or open lots to move around. In the end, they like ease of movement just like anybody else.

Trails along the Trinity river or feeder streams have bridges which 0ffer shelter and bathing opportunities. Then there is the ability to collect aluminum washed down the river, or directly from drinking spots, also along trails or tracks for ease of access.

In short.....

Certain parts of the bottoms are probably not frequented much, even by homeless as they are held to be "not worth it" in regards to potential shelter or interesting things to find.

But..... as you implied, a body placed in most of the bottoms would probably have been found by now by homeless (my bet is that some are very aware of their surroundings), or, in the gentrifying sections of the bottoms, cyclists or maintenance crews.

As a result, the conditions above could imply somebody with more that casual knowledge of a portion of the bottoms to notice the less frequented spots.
Yes, the Trinity River bottoms is definitely a place to consider. The Trinity and some areas around where the car was found seem like more likely places for a body to be dumped and overlooked. I was born in and grew up all over Dallas—I knew it well, and it’s just so hard for me to imagine a body going unfound for so long. But it happens! And sometimes it really is just dumb luck.

I don’t know. This case is really bothering me. I have gotten the random vibe from the beginning, but those who are thinking he was targeted or someone he knew make very good points as well. It’s just one big question mark—between the Racetrac and his home he just went poof. Then his car shows up days later in South Dallas. Did he turn off on a street to go meet someone? Did he stop somewhere and become the victim of a crime? Was he carjacked at a light? Did he suddenly decide as he approached home to end his life? Or did he execute a plan at that moment to disappear and start a new life? So where the heck is he?

We actually don't know any details about the car, other than when it was reported as found, and what Tim White & the VI told us. Did the car show up days later, or was it in the location it was found all along? Critical details matter, which is what makes this case so frustrating.

We actually don't know any details about the car, other than when it was reported as found, and what Tim White & the VI told us. Did the car show up days later, or was it in the location it was found all along? Critical details matter, which is what makes this case so frustrating.
Maybe LE knew where the car was early on and were waiting to see if someone came back to it???

Maybe LE knew where the car was early on and were waiting to see if someone came back to it???
This makes sense!! It would also explain why it took so long to go public in the media. If they didn’t want to scare off the culprit!

Also, a family friend was quoted early on in Dallas Voice that the dealership couldn’t track the vehicle. Which everyone was incredulous about that. Maybe that was all part of the plan in hopes that someone would return to the car. Great idea!

Those are both possibilities, but less likely in DFW. The one landfill that I am familiar with in DFW was very tightly run:

They checked my ID and license at the gate to make sure I was not abusing my occasional residential only dumping courtesy. Then then glanced at the stuff I had to make sure it was residential and not commercial or hazardous.

Then... they directed me to a specific spot and told me dump and leave- do not to try to salvage anything from the previous person.

Likewise, "rivers" in most of Texas, including DFW, would be called "creeks" (or maybe "cricks"?) in Virginia.

Rivers in DFW are shallow, have a lot of snags, sand banks etc. Unless it is a flood time, nothing tossed in the "rivers" goes very far- and there are a lot of homeless around the bottoms so tossed things tend to get seen sooner than later.

Thanks so much for the landfill info! It works the way I visualized, and makes the presence of a landfill in the neighborhood meaningless, except as it shows the character of the neighborhood.

I assume it’s NOT flood time in Dallas?

If this was a random carjacking, could he have been dragged out of the car, killed, and then his body dragged to some place farther from the side of the road, just to delay the police from investigating it as murder?

If it was suicide, perhaps impulsive, could he have left the keys in the car, and some random thief/joyrider type have stolen the car and left it where they found it? That would confuse the issue, as far as finding him goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member