Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting to believe this case is as random as Leslie Baker who was shot and killed in her Preston Hollow driveway. Dallas has suddenly become a concerning crime hub. So sad all around.

Teen accused in shooting death of Dallas woman was also involved other assaults, affidavit says | wfaa.com

amateur opinion and speculation

Agree with you. MOO I'm still thinking that Alan was the victim of a random (perps didn't know victim) car jacking. Perp 1 points gun, Alan got out, he is shot anyway, perp 1 drives off in Alan's vehicle, Perp 2 disposes of Alan's body. The perps realize quickly the car is too hot to sell so they dump it. No meet up planned by Alan. No big plan by perps. Just thugs who saw a nice car and went for it. If this is the scenario it's likely the perps have done this before (but possibly not killed). It's all just so sad. And if there's no connection to Alan, very challenging to solve. MOO

There is some confusion about this similar to when it was reported Youth Operations was investigating Alan's missing person case.

If you drill down to the Criminal Investigations divisions on the Dallas Police website you will see 5 divisions listed one being the Homicide / Special Investigations Unit (one unit.)
https://dallaspolice.net/division/crimeagainstpersons/divisioncommander

The Homicide / Special Investigations Unit page shows the SIU investigates:
  • Officer Involved Shootings
  • Assault on Public Servant
  • Assault on Police Officer
  • Citizen fatalities or serious injuries while in Police custody
I don't think that any of the above applies to Alan unless there is something really unexpected not known to us about this case!

My speculation is that Detective Barnes, a homicide detective, is working this case as a homicide. IMO he was assigned it either due to the high-profile nature of this case or due to the nature of the homicide.

Link about KPMG's audit of DPD: You Can Now Read KPMG’s Long Awaited Study on Dallas PD’s Staffing Levels

Does anyone find it odd about the above Detective and his potential role in internal investigations and the fact that KPMG has been auditing the Dallas PD staffing? Perhaps some information was potentially going to surface that someone inside DPD did not want to come out. I wonder if Alan was assigned by KPMG to the DPD audit?

ETA: Link to Special Investigations Unit taking over case: UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice

Last edited:
Link about KPMG's audit of DPD: You Can Now Read KPMG’s Long Awaited Study on Dallas PD’s Staffing Levels

Does anyone find it odd about the above Detective and his potential role in internal investigations and the fact that KPMG has been auditing the Dallas PD staffing? Perhaps some information was potentially going to surface that someone inside DPD did not want to come out. I wonder if Alan was assigned by KPMG to the DPD audit?

ETA: Link to Special Investigations Unit taking over case: UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice
Alan started at KPMG in February 2020. The final audit report is dated August 26, 2019. I've attached a copy below that's a really good find, but not likely connected to Alan's disappearance.
https://dallascityhall.com/government/Council Meeting Documents/updated_dallas-police-department-staffing-study_082619.pdf

Alan started at KPMG in February 2020. The final audit report is dated August 26, 2019. I've attached a copy below that's a really good find, but not likely connected to Alan's disappearance.
https://dallascityhall.com/government/Council Meeting Documents/updated_dallas-police-department-staffing-study_082619.pdf
Correct, the recommendations in the report include a three-year implentation plan through 2022. I would assume KPMG would be doing some work on the monitoring of the implementation plan. I'd be very surprised if their work stopped at the completion of the audit report with no follow up on their recommendations.

Correct, the recommendations in the report include a three-year implentation plan through 2022. I would assume KPMG would be doing some work on the monitoring of the implementation plan. I'd be very surprised if their work stopped at the completion of the audit report with no follow up on their recommendations.
Yes, however Alan doesn't appear to work directly in auditing. More in development and implementation of cloud based systems. He worked for IBM for 21 years prior to his short stint at GT and now KPMG.

Alan's job description from LinkIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/j-alan-white/
Managing Director in the CIO Advisory practice, focused on Cloud Transformation Services. Engaged with clients in assessment of current cloud and on-premise ecosystem, development of cloud enablement strategies, cloud deployment roadmaps, and implementation approaches for private, public, and hybrid cloud implementations.

ETA- Alan could have done work on some sort of software integration with CompStat.

Last edited:
Alan appears to be fiddling with his phone at the gas station. He puts on a mask, walks through the store and out again, why do that? Checking to see if someone was inside? What if Alan was supposed to meet someone there and that person didn't show up? He leaves and on the way home receives a text, meets someone off one of those side streets? The phone records are key, hopefully he only had a single cell phone.

IMO when I read your post I wondered could Alan have returned to the RT after possibly discovering that he mistakenly left an item at the RT or possibly to use the restroom?
Pure Speculation and IMO

A worst case scenario could also have occurred: what if an assault, armed robbery/extortion (for ATM and account access) and kidnapping (for ransom from family) was underway... but before negotiations could be finalized and a hostage-for-ransom exchange arranged, the perps were arrested and jailed by DPD for a totally unrelated crime?

If you recall one of the news media interviews with the family and Alan's mother, they seemed to be operating on the assumption that somebody had Alan - his mother even said something to the effect that if he is injured or hurt the captors shouldn't worry about it because his family can take care of him.

Now, whether this assumption that somebody captured him was an informed one or was the most plausible scenario that his shocked and frightened family could conceive of, we of course, have no way of knowing.

Another possibility occurred to me. Perhaps they were after his ATM/account access. And perhaps at some point en route or after he was taken out of the car, Alan seized upon an opportunity to toss his wallet on the hope that somebody might stumble across it and that it might perhaps provide a clue to the direction in which he was taken - and perhaps it still sits unnoticed in the same spot that he tossed it.

I wonder if anybody has checked out who, if anyone, might have used the car as a loaner prior to Alan.

Something that occurred to me: Perhaps Alan wasn't the intended target but rather a victim of mistaken identity.

Perhaps there was a previous user of the car that had shady drug/underworld dealings and had somehow crossed other and/or rival underworld types who wished to eliminate him. Perhaps the people who were after him lost track of him. Perhaps one of them spotted the car and saw that it was the same car based on the license tag or some other distinguishing characteristic. Perhaps they didn't realize that the car was merely a loaner and assumed that its driver was either their target or, at the very least, somebody associated with their target. It was, after all, still dark outside when Alan was driving it that morning. Once they realized that they had captured the wrong person, they might not have been inclined to let Alan go given that he could identify them and, if what happened made the news, it might tip off their target. My assumption is that organized crime is more knowledgeable about disposing evidence of a crime than is some random criminal.

The timeline has been posted and discussed in both threads numerous times. In this scenario AW had from 6am, to say, 6:30/6:45 to meet up with someone. That may give 20/30/45 minutes depending on where the meeting was taking place and how long it took to get home. Also depending on what the meeting was for. Could have been one of many things. All would make sense (IMO) in the given time frame.

Idk.. it's clear that RJ was expecting AW home at 6:00 - as RJ started to worry at 6:15, became more worried at 6:30, and then got "panicky" at 6:45..

If AW knew that RJ was expecting him home by 6:00, AW probably would not have felt that he had 20/30/45 minutes to meet up with someone - as even though AW might've still been able to make it home in time for his work call, he probably would have known that by being late he would cause RJ to worry.

So one would think that there would've been some urgency on AW's part to get home (as close as possible to 6:00?). Maybe AW (possibly) wasn't worried because (possibly) the meet up was to be with RJ? Just speculating

Last edited:
Idk.. it's clear that RJ was expecting AW home at 6:00 - as RJ started to worry at 6:15, became more worried at 6:30, and then got "panicky" at 6:45.. If AW knew that RJ was expecting him home by 6:00, AW probably would not have felt that he had 20/30/45 minutes to meet up with someone - as even though AW might've still been able to make it home in time for his work call, he probably would have known that by being late he would cause RJ to worry.

I know that’s when RJ was expecting him. My post was only stating time-wise how much time he may have had before his meeting - not how much time he had before he thought RJ would fly into panic.

So one would think that there would've been some urgency on AW's part to get home (as close as possible to 6:00?).

That in itself is worrisome if AW felt an urgency to hightail it home ASAP so as not to cause RJ to panic. Or maybe this was a thing, where RJ had tabs on him all the time, every second - and would always call and text if he wasn’t where he was supposed to be at any given time. Relationship dynamics can be tricky. Could be a reason. Who knows. Just MOO like everyone else here.

I'm in the “victim of random crime” camp too. I think perps assumed by the car that he might have money on him or wanted to take him to the ATM and that didn’t work out for whatever reason - didn’t have ATM card on him, refused etc. Random crime is really bad here and people are out of work and desperate. Warning on the link, its hard to watch. This story wasn’t as televised as some others mentioned here. Occurred only a few weeks prior to Alan and not really that far from the general vicinity. Yes its another area that isn’t great. Yes the motive was likely the car. Yes they caught the “child”. My point is just that maybe people get ideas from other crimes when times are tough.
Boy, 14, charged with murder after Dallas carjacking victim dies

MOO edited by me

Last edited:
I get a strange feeling about the fact the husband was already worried at 6:15 AM and the way it was escalated to "panic" by 6:45..... like maybe he knew there was a potentially dangerous situation that Alan was in / something was going to happen while at the gym.

I wonder if anyone knows if it was typical for him to bring a bag to the gym. I also find that kinda odd in that usually guys that bring a bag to the gym are the type that intend to shower there, and then change, which he didn't do. Perhaps he was bringing something in the bag to give / or sell to someone else.

It would be great to know if he in fact was seen on machines exercising vs maybe just going to the locker room with the bag and then leaving.

Does anyone have stats on carjackings / random attacks in regard to time of day. I don't have any evidence to back up my opinion, but 6am seems like a weird time for a car jacking.
https://www.usnews.com/news/cities/...e-in-big-cities-is-more-likely-during-the-day

Well I just found this article from 2019 quickly, but I’m sure there are better statistics out there. This study counts 6:00am as nighttime, when most violent crimes are committed. Interesting. I thought it was a weird time too at first, but I think people on drugs could still be up at that time.

From article:

The study found that on weekdays, more than half of drug violations, larceny/theft, simple assaults and property crimes occurred during daylight hours, between 7 a.m. and 6:59 p.m. However the more serious crimes – murder, rape/sexual assault, robbery and driving while impaired – still happen more at night, from 7 p.m. to 6:59 a.m. The exception is the weekend, when the majority of all kinds of crime take place at night.

I get a strange feeling about the fact the husband was already worried at 6:15 AM and the way it was escalated to "panic" by 6:45..... like maybe he knew there was a potentially dangerous situation that Alan was in / something was going to happen while at the gym.

I wonder if anyone knows if it was typical for him to bring a bag to the gym. I also find that kinda odd in that usually guys that bring a bag to the gym are the type that intend to shower there, and then change, which he didn't do. Perhaps he was bringing something in the bag to give / or sell to someone else.

It would be great to know if he in fact was seen on machines exercising vs maybe just going to the locker room with the bag and then leaving.

I could be mistaken, but in the video I saw of AW leaving the gym, he does not appear to be carrying a bag.

I have always believed that the (still) missing bag was in the back seat of the loaner Macan during the time that AW was inside the gym.

To me, the video appears to show AW taking off a shirt/tank top as he approaches (from the sidewalk) the rear left side of the Macan. It looks like once that shirt has been slipped off, he opens the rear left side door and puts that shirt into the back seat area (he appears to lightly toss or place it onto the rear seat, or perhaps into a bag on the seat?).

It then looks to me like (at virtually the same time he puts the sweaty shirt into the back seat area) he grabs a clean t-shirt out. He then closes the back door. I believe you can see him slide the new/clean shirt on over his head as he then opens the driver's door and and gets into the vehicle.

Although it's too dark to tell for sure, I believe this last shirt he puts on is the red tank top that he is seen wearing roughly 12 minutes later at the RT. It is however possible that he was already wearing a red tank underneath the first one he took off (again, that's the darkest part of the video).

Why the bag is missing is a complete mystery. I doubt it would have been taken in a targeted harm situation. I doubt it would have been taken by perps in a carjacking/kidnapping scenario, but I guess it's possible. I doubt it would have been taken in an intentional disappearance. And I doubt even more that it would have been taken on the way to a self harm scenario, but stranger things have happened. Jmo

Last edited:

Or maybe, rather than believing that there was some specific reason for Alan to be in danger, it was merely a matter of Alan having ALWAYS arrived at home by 6:00 AM or that he had ALWAYS arrived at home by whatever time he advised he would be home by. And, maybe, if had ever been delayed due to something unexpected that came up at the last minute such as a traffic jam, he had ALWAYS called or texted to let his husband/others know about it.

If that had been a long-standing pattern and, one morning, out of the blue that pattern had suddenly changed, it would be something very much out of character. And any time somebody behaves in a way that is extremely out of character, it is entirely normal and reasonable for their loved-ones to become concerned.

My guess is, based on Alan's past behavior, by the time he had still not shown up at 6:45, especially given he had to be on a 7:00 AM meeting, Rusty concluded, not unreasonably in my view, that Alan not having called or texted him and his not returning Rusty's calls and texts meant that, for some reason, Alan was in a situation where he was not able to place or return calls and texts. And I think it would entirely reasonable for him to panic at that point. That doesn't, in my mind suggests that he "kept tabs" on Alan or was somehow a controlling husband. It simply meant that he was concerned about Alan and was worried about his safety.

And maybe I am about to cross into mind-reading here - but Rusty describing the progression of his concern in 15 minute increments also makes a lot of sense to me. If you have ever been worried about a loved one, by the very nature of worry one's mind tends to immediately jump to worst-case scenarios well before one has any real evidence that such is the case. One way of dealing with such worry is to tell oneself: "Maybe there is a non-horrible reason, factor or circumstance I haven't taken into consideration - it is way too soon for me to assume the worst. I will give it X number of minutes/hours and only then I will allow myself to ramp up my worry to the next level." And given that traffic is not horrible at that time of day and Alan had plenty of optional routes he could have taken and the fact that Alan was planning to be on a meeting at 7:00, putting off the escalation of one's worry in 15 minute increments seems perfectly reasonable.

Ultimately, Rusty's initial gut feeling that something awful had happened, unfortunately, turned out to be correct. I am quite sure he would have loved nothing more than to have been proven to be a paranoid alarmist about this particular matter. In retrospect, Rusty didn't call the police too late. If he had called much sooner (and if the police would have even been allowed by their policies to take it seriously given their lack of the same level of knowledge about Alan that Rusty had) perhaps an APB on any matching Porsches seen on North Texas area roads might have made a difference.

If I am not mistaken, for the past many months pretty much all gyms have prohibited use of showers due to COVID related restrictions.

It could be that he had always as a matter of habit brought a gym bag with him. Such habits tend to become ingrained. And perhaps he used the bag to carry a towel or so he could change out of a shirt that is sweaty to one that isn't. And me might have preferred to keep things such as his wallet and his phone in the bag so all he needed to do was lock up the bag and then grab the bag when it was ready. If he was wearing exercise clothes when he arrived, he might have even placed his phone and wallet in the bag before leaving his house. Exercise clothes are not the most convenient in terms of allowing one to comfortably carry one's wallet, phone and keys.

If I am not mistaken, for the past many months pretty much all gyms have prohibited use of showers due to COVID related restrictions.

It could be that he had always as a matter of habit brought a gym bag with him. Such habits tend to become ingrained. And perhaps he used the bag to carry a towel or so he could change out of a shirt that is sweaty to one that isn't. And me might have preferred to keep things such as his wallet and his phone in the bag so all he needed to do was lock up the bag and then grab the bag when it was ready. If he was wearing exercise clothes when he arrived, he might have even placed his phone and wallet in the bag before leaving his house. Exercise clothes are not the most convenient in terms of allowing one to comfortably carry one's wallet, phone and keys.
This is consistent with my gym experience. You don't want wallets or keys slinging around when you are trying to work out. Many people carry a small sling bag with them throughout the gym to quickly access face wipes, a fresh top, sports drink, work out gloves, bands, and so forth. Very normal.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member