Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped for focus>

What would some of the reasons be?
I am not sure what their reasons would be but I just feel with the lack of PRs and no known searches, they must have reasons.
On the other hand-- maybe they have had searches and have kept them quiet for a reason.
Just wondering why there isn't more media coverage --why isn't there a FB page for him?? Why hasn't there been a PR from LE ??

Heck.. I don't know.. this case is driving me crazy.
I keep looking at the maps our wonderful WS'ers have provided here and there just has to be something between the points of the gym, the gas station, his home and where his car was found.
I know the car dealer is in that path also.
Also, I need to go back and re-read an article someone posted earlier--something tugged at me while reading it..about the timeline and lack of known searches.
What happened that morning ??

That's true. If so, what happened after that in your opinion?

MOO
At this point I have begun to think outside of the box although it isn't going to well received by some. But here goes:

Without any way of locking down exact date, time, location and who found the car and also called the police to report it we can't say how long AW has been gone.
Therefore when I ask myself, well where was he in the time span of the Racetrac and the time the car was parked and left.

Reading the sleuthing posted here about the DART green (?) & blue lines and the proximity to the general area of the Porsche I've begun to wonder if AW didn't use the unlikely mode of transportation to throw everyone off.
You know the saying
" the best place to hide is in plain sight " mentality. I mean if he is driving a loaner car worth +$50,000 who would suspect to see him on the public transit?

I don't know anything about the DART lines, cost or payment options so I could be WAY wrong.

But someone knows all of the answers to the following questions and IMHO the DPD have been told. If 1 person noticed the vehicle initially and another person was made aware of it then I believe that each witness has given investigators a statement.

When is the first time and date that someone noticed it parked?
Did this person witness the driver exiting the parked car?

Where exactly, longitude and latitude, was it left?

How long did it sit untouched?

Etc etc

I am afraid that AW unknowingly left a letter to R somewhere on their way out that morning as they said there see you laters and each headed to their perspective gyms.

I think that the pit stop for gas and the 15 second appearance inside Racetrac was an opportunity to be spotted on CCTV. It also gave the impression that AW left in the straight direction to his home.

MOO he took the first left ( or right) and did his best to stay off the main road and greater chance of video footage capturing the car. Meanwhile we are all still looking for him all the way into their alley even today.

It is my personal belief that when his husband returned home from his gym that morning he found a message or email, letter form of communication from Alan. I think that explains why the instant frantic searching for him happened.

I think that AW planned his death and will not be found for a long while. He would have to had a privately owned cabin or an outbarn sort of shelter that is remote and entirely opposite of what his loved ones would imagine.
IMOO he wanted to guarantee that his family would never be the ones to find his remains. And then when he is found it will be skeletal remains.

I'm also very curious about this.

Here are my possibilities in order of likelihood, followed by why I don't think they're correct:

1. LE told the family not to search because they have info that Alan has been a victim of foul play.
But, if this is the case, why has there been no apparent movement in the case in over a month?

2. There is evidence of self-harm and the family doesn't want to be the ones to find him.
Seems unlikely because his husband went looking for a possible car crash, so it seems like family want to find him one way or another.

3. Family, LE, or both have reason to believe Alan is no longer in the area.
Again, if so, why hasn't there been any movement? If his phone pinged somewhere Alan could credibly be, he wouldn't be considered endangered IMO.

4. Family isn't in a position to organize a search because they're overwhelmed.
This seems unlikely given the PI and the recent interview with the husband. A friend could organize a search or vigil if family isn't up to it.

I wonder if his phone wasn't found inside the Porsche with the battery removed?

The Youth Operations Unit is now heading the investigation. Originally. Mr. White was documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missings Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.

The Youth Operations Unit is in charge of the investigation. Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White. Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family. If anyone has any additional information regarding Mr. White, we ask that they contact the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations at 214-671-4268 or by email at missingpersons@dpd.dallascityhall.com.

The Operations Unit investigates crimes of violence committed against juvenile victims. Juveniles who are arrested are brought to the Operations Unit and are fingerprinted and photographed in the juvenile processing center. Their arrest reports are reviewed by Unit detectives before transport of the offender to the county facility.

The Operations Unit can be contacted to gain information regarding a criminal offense in which the complainant is a juvenile. The Operations Unit can also be contacted regarding interference with child custody offenses.

[URL="https://dpdbeat.com/2020/11/20/endangered-missing-person-james-alan-white/amp/"]Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

[/URL]
https://www.dallaspolice.net/division/youthoperations/youthoperationsunit

Now this is VERY interesting. What can this mean? Which family? Could they have relayed new info obtained by PI?
BBM

https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/dallas-police-upgrade-search-for-endangered-missing-executive/
“Detectives are actively investigating all workable leads into the report of Mr. White,” police said in a statement. “Detectives are also actively communicating with Mr. White’s family.”

A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.

———————-

This is the statement they linked.

Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

I hate to be a downer, but it’s possible the only reason DPD upgraded the case is because it’s been a month with no contact or activity. The other Dallas missing person was updated at exactly one month missing as well. (Maria Botelo). (Also the fact that he didn’t take that flight that was booked may have helped nudge them too). This would fit with what the sergeant told the ny post about upgrading the case after discussion with the family. JMO.

Excellent point.....sad as it is
I just wanted to reference the Post article I linked in my quote. It states the reason for the upgrade to endangered.

To me, the question is what did they learn from family?

But what do we know as fact about the vehicle located?
We know what the VI, @thelastunicorn said. It was found in a secluded location, and seat or seats were wet. Tim, the brother indicated in numerous reports it was found locked, in “fine” condition. Also it’s been stated that no signs of violence were found.

And everyone seems to be focalized on the cell phone footage captured in the security footage at the Racetrac.

Was there a text message received?
Or was it the final text sent? If he had a text message set to send at a set time was he intentionally recorded showing that he was the one who sent the message in case there was doubts?

Text message or email typed while he was in the gym that morning or prior to then but pending?

I feel like we are all in agreement that technology - cell phone and text data/cctv cameras/data from his car's internal computer or on-star system - are all things that could help solve this case. I'm just hoping LE has much much more of this info than we have been allowed to know. Whatever happened to AW, it occurred in a large bustling city with lots of cameras and people. MOO its seems that LE would be smart to release SOME of these details/information in order to maybe jog someones memory that could have seen AW or have footage or info of him or his car that morning? The further away we get from his date of disappearance the less likely it is that someone will remember details from that day. :(

I just wanted to reference the Post article I linked in my quote. It states the reason for the upgrade to endangered.

To me, the question is what did they learn from family?

Thanks for linking the post.

The search for Alan White, a 55-year-old accounting executive missing since late October, was upgraded Friday from “want to locate” to “endangered missing person” due to recent developments in the ongoing investigation, Dallas police said.

A Dallas police sergeant told The Post Tuesday that a recent discussion with White’s family prompted detectives to upgrade the active search for him.

They might not have learned anything from the family, after all it says 'due to recent developments in the ongoing investigation' so maybe it's LE who have found out something about Alan during their investigations and after speaking to the family about it have changed the status to 'endangered missing person.'

I wonder what the recent developments are? Further CCTV footage? Forensics from the car? Someone phoned in a tip? We just don't know.

Also is changing the status from 'want to locate' to 'endangered missing person' going to help the search for Alan in any way? I mean what does it do by changing the status? More LE on the case? More publicity for Alan?

MOO its seems that LE would be smart to release SOME of these details/information in order to maybe jog someones memory that could have seen AW or have footage or info of him or his car that morning? The further away we get from his date of disappearance the less likely it is that someone will remember details from that day. :(

I am not sure what their reasons would be but I just feel with the lack of PRs and no known searches, they must have reasons.
On the other hand-- maybe they have had searches and have kept them quiet for a reason.
Just wondering why there isn't more media coverage --why isn't there a FB page for him?? Why hasn't there been a PR from LE ??

BBM -
This is the only reason I think it's possible that they have a suspect or POI in sight, or have a good idea about what happened to him (self harm/voluntarily missing, etc). Otherwise don't you think there would be some kind of plea to the public?? Not sure I've ever seen a case like this where so little is shared PLUS no FB group, no public searches, no vigils, no appeals for help from LE and so little from the husband.

Without any knowledge of how, when, what & where the Porsche was found we don't have any proof that Alan White didn't park the vehicle himself. MOO
I was catching up and was about to post this very same scenario. Maybe LE have a video of Alan parking the vehicle and walking off, maybe to the transit station and that is why there aren't any visible searches going on. JMO

LE does not have to release details, nor do they have to "show their cards". Videos are edited before they are released, details are held back, misleading details might even be put out in an attempt to gain information.

Yep, I know that. I've been here a while ;) My question was just to ask what you all may think the REASONS are, not that there ARE reasons and LE just isn't telling. I may not have worded it very well.

If he parked it himself at least there would be a video of him driving past one of the businesses there, right? I believe the first one on the intersection has a camera on the front.

Certainly should have been. And I apologise for commenting to another person's comment but it was used as an example of IF the PD have everything they need and simply aren't telling anyone, his immediate family they know him to be deceased.

That is the most horrid thing that I can imagine putting myself in that family's shoes. I can relate and even understand that scenario if a body had been located and pending identification from the ME's office.

But to know without a shadow of doubt that a family continued to hope, search and plead for help finding their missing loved one while you (LEO) stood right beside them and failed to tell them is abhorrent and disrespectful to the dead.. JMO

I'm having difficulty with the idea that he is intentionally missing, either to go elsewhere or self harm, just when family is there visiting and a work meeting is coming up.
Wouldn't you give yourself a longer window of time before the searching for you would start?
I know how irrational depression can be yet "voluntarily" just doesn't fit this one, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal