Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m inclined to agree that there is some kind of lingering. It could have been something as simple as checking a Tweet or headline. It could also have been a meet-up for a very brief transaction or communication related to same. I don’t think there was enough time for anything else (hook-up, for example) given the constraints of the work call.

I’d like to know if his habit was to text while driving or pull over. This could all be a red herring. I doubt it, but then I thought about how my routine drives often involve a tiny detour or two.

JMO.

Is there any chance at all that he played phone games?

Just choosing a random example: in one that I play, important things happen at 5:00 am, 10 am, 2 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and midnight, and at any of those times you might catch me lingering for a moment extra to peek at my phone, if it’s safe to do so. Of course, that explanation would mean that his lingering was not a clue, but sometimes things aren’t clues.

unnamed Dallas police sergeant told them that "a recent discussion with White's family" prompted detectives to make the upgrade. What sort of thing might family have said to prompt detectives to make the upgrade? Mental health concerns? Relationship issues?
SBBM
This is pretty key imo. Maybe separate of the husband the family came forward with worries about the relationship, or maybe partner had an idea of someone else who he could be with or harmed by, or maybe fam was witness to the beginning of a downward spiral.

would love to think that he had reasons to leave and is elsewhere enjoying a different life where he wants to be...

jmo

If he was lingering around the 6am mark, maybe he was waiting for a business to open up at 6. Dry cleaners? Flower shop? Bakery?
Could be. But the lingering, possibly texting or app use, was coincidental with his disappearance, so may well be linked. LE presumably would know by now if he was using an app like grindr at the time, but they keep details under wraps.

There are numerous examples of horrific outcomes arising from use of grindr. Here is one in Texas this year: Houston police charge man with murder for using Grindr to rob and strangle victim

Here's an aerial view showing where Mr. White's loaner vehicle was found. Presumably, the nearby woods have been thoroughly searched...
kitty-st-google-maps-png.294891

Attachments

• Kitty-St-Google-Maps.png
    Kitty-St-Google-Maps.png
    987.1 KB · Views: 1,424
Last edited:
Mod Note:

Hi Fellow Sleuths,
As a reminder WS is a Victim and Family Friendly forum. When speculating possible scenarios please keep that in mind. Before you hit post, ask yourself “how might this make the Victim or Family Members feel should they read it”?

If you are not able to provide a link to a statement by LE, Media or other approved source it is considered speculation.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

They who wouldn't he linger in the parking lot of the dry cleaners, flower shop, or bakery - as opposed to a sketchy area behind a business??
Do we know: does LE have video surveillance of all of the lingering? Or do they show him entering an area for a few mins and later leaving? I ask, because if he was lingering off camera, someone could have entered the vehicle at that time and when Alan is later seen driving there may already be someone crouching down in the vehicle.
If the lingering took place off camera, I'd hope LE has looked at all vehicles entering that same area around the time Alan lingered.
My opinions only.

Here is a map showing Alan White's whereabouts the morning he disappeared. First, the White/Jenkins residence on Livingston Avenue (which was reportedly per Zillow sold 2 months ago (without the signature of Mr. White, who has not been declared dead?!) for around $1.83 million). Google Maps streetview captures the home clearly under extensive renovation in early 2020. Second, LA Fitness, where he stayed for only around 40 minutes and appeared to use phone as if for text before getting into car. Third, RaceTrac for gas, appeared to pay at pump with credit. While there, he entered store, lingered, made no purchase. Fourth, pulled into Church's chicken, which was not open (opens at 10am), where lingered some more. Was not necessary to enter road to get to Church's, as it shares asphalt lot with RaceTrac, lies right next door to northeast. Then headed northeast on Inwood perhaps shortly after 6am, seemingly toward home for a 7am or 7:30am scheduled conference call from his home office. Had Mr. White been communicating via text/app with someone that morn? If so, it would seem the million dollar question is - with whom... Finally, car found a week later (keys in it, per Det. Barnes) on unpaved overgrown area used for illegal dumping off Kitty St., something like 10+ miles to the south from where Mr. White was last captured on video.
alan-white-map-png.295000

Attachments

• Alan White Map.png
    Alan White Map.png
    515.4 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
Here is a map showing Alan White's whereabouts the morning he disappeared. First, the White/Jenkins residence on Livingston Avenue (which was reportedly per Zillow sold 2 months ago (without the signature of Mr. White, who has not been declared dead?!) for around $1.83 million). Google Maps streetview captures the home clearly under extensive renovation in early 2020. Second, LA Fitness, where he stayed for only around 40 minutes and appeared to use phone as if for text before getting into car. Third, RaceTrac for gas, appeared to pay at pump with credit. While there, he entered store, lingered, made no purchase. Fourth, pulled into Church's chicken, which was not open (opens at 10am), where lingered some more. Was not necessary to enter road to get to Church's, as it shares asphalt lot with RaceTrac, lies right next door to northeast. Then headed northeast on Inwood perhaps shortly after 6am, seemingly toward home for a 7am or 7:30am scheduled conference call from his home office. Had Mr. White been communicating via text/app with someone that morn? If so, it would seem the million dollar question is - with whom... Finally, car found a week later (keys in it, per Det. Barnes) on unpaved overgrown area used for illegal dumping off Kitty St., something like 10+ miles to the south from where Mr. White was last captured on video.
alan-white-map-png.295000
The house was sold with a valid POA previously signed by Alan many years ago. The POA is available to view along with the actual transaction on the county website.

I wonder if LE has any video showing the car arriving at Kitty Street? On the way there? Or are there conveniently no cameras enroute?

It seems that in some cases a perpetrator will abandon the victim's car in a sketchy place with the keys inside, probably hoping it will be stolen. This reeks of that intention.

#New The family tells me after pumping gas the businessman drive off the lot, thru Church’s Chicken, Auto Zone, and then north on Inwood toward his house. He has not been seen since.

https://www.twitter.com/RozierReports/status/1324413633816895489
Thanks Knox. I still don’t see where the other poster is getting the whole, lingering in a “sketchy area behind a business”. If he was on his phone checking emails, texts etc then he wouldn’t want to pull out onto the main road. It would make sense for him to go slowly or briefly stop through the churches parking lot while on his phone. I wouldn’t consider this lingering in a sketchy area behind a business. MOO

If he was lingering around the 6am mark, maybe he was waiting for a business to open up at 6. Dry cleaners? Flower shop? Bakery?
Good thought. There is a Starbucks several blocks in direction of home from Church's, at Inwood & Lemmon, opens at 6am. No drive-thru. Wonder if LE checked Starbuck's video. But why would you linger at Churchs - you'd drive to Starbucks and wait there. I think Mr. White may have been communicating with someone that morn, and that that someone likely knows what happened to Mr. White. I'll be a bit surprised if charges aren't brought against someone within six months or so.

#New The family tells me after pumping gas the businessman drive off the lot, thru Church’s Chicken, Auto Zone, and then north on Inwood toward his house. He has not been seen since.

https://www.twitter.com/RozierReports/status/1324413633816895489
I don't think that's new. I recall this drive from the beginning. The chicken joint, auto Zone etc. I have no new info to offer other then what I've said from the beginning of his disappearance and I'm really shocked that he is still missing to be honest. I check in on this case often. IMO

Thanks Knox. I still don’t see where the other poster is getting the whole, lingering in a “sketchy area behind a business”. If he was on his phone checking emails, texts etc then he wouldn’t want to pull out onto the main road. It would make sense for him to go slowly or briefly stop through the churches parking lot while on his phone. I wouldn’t consider this lingering in a sketchy area behind a business. MOO
Yes, the more detailed backstory won't be found on a linkable source, but I believe it's correct.

Yes, the more detailed backstory won't be found on a linkable source, but I believe it's correct.
Ok thanks. I will search for it because I’m looking at Google earth and don’t see any sketchy area for him to park behind a business. I see the Racetrac, Church’s and Auto Zone but it’s basically all one big parking lot/driving area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme