TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Providing this is the lien home, it looks like the lien was removed four months before the sale of the home.

This would seem to greatly increase the chances that the lien was a "preemptive" type lien described by Knox that that the contractor places "just in case" things go south and they do not get paid.

In turn, this reduces the indicators of cash flow problems with the flipping- though they could still exist. As a flipper told me a few years back: "DFW flipp'in aint easy"- for many reasons including the need to find and then be able to fund, up scale project possibilities with the potential for comparable escalating costs.
IIRC, it was a lien placed on the home by the contractor; and it was paid off with the lien being lifted right before Alan went missing. It was for a substantial amount of money. It seems that they totally remodeled their home.

I personally think that Alan was the breadwinner and that there were no money problems. I don't think that Rusty could sustain that luxurious lifestyle with him gone. Thus, he was forced to sell the home and downsize to something more manageable.

I just hope that Alan and his family gets the justice that they deserve.

JMO.

From the linked Dallas Voice piece: "Park Place Motors was unable to locate the car, even though loaner cars are normally fitted with GPS trackers. The car was found a week later about a mile from where White’s body was eventually found. At the time, police said they were waiting for results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences."

SWIFS: Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences | Home
Wouldn't it be interesting to know
1) results of the SWIFS forensic analysis of the car done last year.
2) what the private investigator hired by Mr. White's family thinks about the case.

It has been over a month since Mr. White's remains were recovered.
* How long would it take to establish that it was suicide? A few days? A week? Over a month?
* Would there be a reason to delay releasing COD if it was determined to be a suicide?
* Might there be a reason to delay releasing COD if it was determined to be a homicide?

Last edited:
IIRC, it was a lien placed on the home by the contractor; and it was paid off with the lien being lifted right before Alan went missing. It was for a substantial amount of money. It seems that they totally remodeled their home.
A total re-model would be consistent with the flipper who told me that all the easy flips in DFW involving attractive entry level homes being given basic upgrades- then flipped for substantial profits are long gone.

It would be interesting to know anything definitive from LE and / or the private investigator. There has certainly been a lot of speculation but a dearth of real information since the very beginning of this tragic adventure.
It certainly would Berlin Dave. I know this is a speculative sleuthing forum, but I always cringe when speculations tip toe along the edges of victim shaming. As such, some facts would be very helpful!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Wouldn't it be interesting to know
1) results of the SWIFS forensic analysis of the car done last year.

IMO, if we knew more about the condition of the car, we’d know if it’s a crime or suicide. Was the inside wiped clean of fingerprints but full of fast food wrappers and reeking of……something? Was Alan’s blood or signs of a decomposed body found in it? If Alan’s fingerprints were found on the steering wheel, were those the only fingerprints found there?

By now the autopsy has long been complete but perhaps the coroner is still waiting on toxicology or other lab results. Do we even know if there is still an open investigation?

I can understand LE not giving the public this information, but I wonder if by now the family knows some of these answers. I don’t do Facebook but maybe someone who does can tell us if Alan’s relatives seem to know anything about the status of the investigation or cause of death.

There's gotta be a reason LE is clamming up. Think - details of the crime, not suicide. IMHO, he had no reason to go to, or even have knowledge of, the secluded area where he was found.

Are they ‘clamming up” or have they relayed their findings to the family who now know what happened? I think a case can be made that silence on the part of LE could cut either way.

And while I understand we all have different opinions on what may have happened, I don’t understand basing that opinion on whether you think Alan had knowledge of the area in which his body was found. Unless you knew him intimately, how could you possibly even have an opinion on that? It’s something even his husband might not know about him.

Are they ‘clamming up” or have they relayed their findings to the family who now know what happened? I think a case can be made that silence on the part of LE could cut either way.

And while I understand we all have different opinions on what may have happened, I don’t understand basing that opinion on whether you think Alan had knowledge of the area in which his body was found. Unless you knew him intimately, how could you possibly even have an opinion on that? It’s something even his husband might not know about him.
And he parked his car one mile away - than hiked to the woods to kill himself ? Very unlikely ! He was killed ! And the murderer is still free probably onto his next victim!
How is the Dallas police in solving cases?
All MO!

This case has been so close to the vest, it's driving me crazy.
In my amateur opinion and speculation, based on my observations on these threads over the years, this often means one of five things:

1)Lack of focus or follow through on the part of LE for whatever reason (lack of resources, other cases taking priority etc.)
2)Suspect is known; not enough concrete evidence to arrest/convict
3)Errors made in the case that effect ability for the case to progress; or, information required to progress the case is yet to be obtained
4)Information is being intentionally suppressed; reasons unknown to general public
5)Foul play not suspected/involved (although LE generally releases a statement to that effect and provides no further details)

I'm sure we could add to this list, but these are the factors I see come up over and over. I can't really say what is going on with AW's case, but we certainly continue to pray that AW"s husband RJ and family get the answers they are so desperately seeking.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There's gotta be a reason LE is clamming up. Think - details of the crime, not suicide. IMHO, he had no reason to go to, or even have knowledge of, the secluded area where he was found.
Clamming up--or not giving this case any priority? I mean, did they even search for poor Alan? He was found within a radius where the police should have searched. Yet, his body remained undiscovered for so many months that the coroner probably can't even determine a COD.

Why is Alan not a priority??

JMO.

IMO, if we knew more about the condition of the car, we’d know if it’s a crime or suicide. Was the inside wiped clean of fingerprints but full of fast food wrappers and reeking of……something? Was Alan’s blood or signs of a decomposed body found in it? If Alan’s fingerprints were found on the steering wheel, were those the only fingerprints found there?

By now the autopsy has long been complete but perhaps the coroner is still waiting on toxicology or other lab results. Do we even know if there is still an open investigation?

I can understand LE not giving the public this information, but I wonder if by now the family knows some of these answers. I don’t do Facebook but maybe someone who does can tell us if Alan’s relatives seem to know anything about the status of the investigation or cause of death.

We do know several things about Alan's rental car. These are based on MSM articles or information given by Alan's niece, who is a verified family member (@thelastunicorn).

*Alan's car location could not be traced by the dealer because the GPS was disabled.
We were never told why but we speculated that perhaps the GPS wasn't working properly, had never been connected, required a subscription service which wasn't activated, was intentionally disabled, or was affected by the condition of the car battery.

*The car was locked with the keys inside.

*Car was found in, "fine shape."
Alan's niece said the car seats were wet and there was mud on the tires.

*Alan's phone was found in the car.
Warrants were issued to Apple to gain access to the phone's applications. Each app requires a separate warrant.
Alan's niece said she thought the phone's SIM card may have been removed.

Clamming up--or not giving this case any priority? I mean, did they even search for poor Alan? He was found within a radius where the police should have searched. Yet, his body remained undiscovered for so many months that the coroner probably can't even determine a COD.

Why is Alan not a priority??

JMO.

Just because the public has no information on the progress of the investigation into his disappearance and death, does not automatically mean he isn't a priority with LE.

And, for the men and women in LE who receive allegations like this EVERY day, while they work their butts off on cases, much appreciation and respect.

jmo

If Alan had decided to kill himself, why would he go do it in a secluded witness-free location? Why walk a mile deeper into woods? Why leave his body where it wouldn’t likely be found? Did he so love the woods that he wanted his final resting place to be in the dirt with the bugs? Why go to exercise before killing himself? Why fill up his car with gas if he was planning suicide?
No note? Seems too untidy.

If Alan had decided to kill himself, why would he go do it in a secluded witness-free location? Why walk a mile deeper into woods? Why leave his body where it wouldn’t likely be found? Did he so love the woods that he wanted his final resting place to be in the dirt with the bugs? Why go to exercise before killing himself? Why fill up his car with gas if he was planning suicide?
Often, there is no rhyme or reason to suicide as many have painfully pointed out. Sometimes it’s just a sudden compulsion that is acted upon. It’s hard to say.

While anything is possible, I don’t have suicide on my list of speculations for this man. I see this as either a car jacking that went wrong, or specifically targeted to harm AW. After researching Dallas and carjackings, this theory seems solid. However, I still can’t shake the speculation this was someone from the gym who found him offensive in some way.

All allegedly; amateur opinion and speculation

What suicidal people do/don’t do has been discussed a lot in this thread :). If you don’t want to go through all the posts (some of which are excellent) the short version is: you can’t judge a suicidal person’s reasonableness by the standards of a person NOT in crisis. They refill RXs, confirm appts, and renew subscriptions.

Just because the public has no information on the progress of the investigation into his disappearance and death, does not automatically mean he isn't a priority with LE.

And, for the men and women in LE who receive allegations like this EVERY day, while they work their butts off on cases, much appreciation and respect.

jmo
I totally understand. I live in the Fort Worth area. I'm very supportive of our men in blue. I'm just going by how it seems. I have been totally baffled by the lack of searches or vigils for Alan and that land surveyors found his remains.

I don't understand why that area wasn't searched by SOMEONE. If it were my loved one, I would have contacted Texas Equusearch to search for him.

Perhaps, I should have worded that last sentence and said something like, "Why does it seem like Alan isn't a priority?"

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back