TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems we have no lack of speculations on what happened to Mr. AW. I believe he was murdered, and have always thought this had something to do with someone from the gym.

However, all your theories are good ones, and we learn from each other. I've been on the threads long enough to know that while the most probable usually is, anything is possible. I've been utterly shocked and surprised at outcomes before. You just never know.
I hope we learn more about COD soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My only query is how he was marched into the woods, from where his car was dumped, without screaming and hollering (or even attempting to run) for help.
My guess is that Alan was murdered first and then the car was dumped.

Though this would still involve getting Alan into a wooded area, the forced walk could have occurred very quickly and been accompanied by threats and false promises.

My complete speculation is that he was meeting someone for what was supposed to be a brief meeting (for what I have no idea) and the meeting went criminal very fast. The person was able to get in his car because Alan didn't suspect anything. JMO.

My complete speculation is that he was meeting someone for what was supposed to be a brief meeting (for what I have no idea) and the meeting went criminal very fast. The person was able to get in his car because Alan didn't suspect anything. JMO.
Great post- exactly my thinking! He run into a trap which turned deadly!
So difficult to believe and so sad.

It seems we have no lack of speculations on what happened to Mr. AW. I believe he was murdered, and have always thought this had something to do with someone from the gym.

However, all your theories are good ones, and we learn from each other. I've been on the threads long enough to know that while the most probable usually is, anything is possible. I've been utterly shocked and surprised at outcomes before. You just never know.
I hope we learn more about COD soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Someone from the gym wasn’t really on my radar! Do you think the gym goer planned it, or are you thinking more spur of the moment? Do you think they were both at the gym that morning?

I'm starting to lean towards the theory that he may have known, or known of, his killer.
It possibly could be an acquaintance in his personal or social life. Or maybe a housing flip that went wrong?
My realm of possibilities also includes attempted extortion and threat of exposing a secret by someone that knew he had money and could be seen to be a weak touch. But it all went wrong.

Someone from the gym wasn’t really on my radar! Do you think the gym goer planned it, or are you thinking more spur of the moment? Do you think they were both at the gym that morning?
A regular, spur of the moment, both at the gym that morning.

Further, if the remains show a fractured skull consistent with the indentations of a gym weight…then my speculation becomes more compelling.

Allegedly, amateur opinion and speculation

I think Alan was stalling before going home. He went the long way around for gas. He walked inside the store for a bit without making a purchase. He drove into the dark Church's parking lot next to the gas station, instead of pulling out in the street and heading for home. This is odd because time was getting away from him and he had an appointment. Either he was in the process of arranging a meeting or had already arranged one, was waiting around until a particular person/car drove past, or he was dreading the zoom call and he took matters into his own hands.

I have also considered several other possibilities, such as a car-jacking.
I like reading all the various opinions and ideas discussed in Alan's case. We all want the same thing. We want the truth for Alan and his loved ones.

I think Alan was stalling before going home. He went the long way around for gas. He walked inside the store for a bit without making a purchase. He drove into the dark Church's parking lot next to the gas station, instead of pulling out in the street and heading for home. This is odd because time was getting away from him and he had an appointment. Either he was in the process of arranging a meeting or had already arranged one, was waiting around until a particular person/car drove past, or he was dreading the zoom call and he took matters into his own hands.

I have also considered several other possibilities, such as a car-jacking.
I like reading all the various opinions and ideas discussed in Alan's case. We all want the same thing. We want the truth for Alan and his loved ones.
Mr. White was a few minutes from home, his scheduled call an hour off. Was he:
Stalling? As in, not wanting to get back home earlier than expected.
Avoiding? As in, dreading the work call coming up in an hour.
Using an app? There are apps that will show you other members in your immediate vicinity, their exact location, such as in the gas station, their photo/profile, their likes/dislikes, etc.
Running? As in, you think someone has been following you, and you are concerned.
Running an errand? Stopping to pick something up on the way home.
Texting? As in, texting someone, perhaps his partner, about some unknown thing.
Struggling? Diabetic shock, AFIB, or some such.

Last edited:
Mr. White was a few minutes from home, his scheduled call an hour off. Was he:
Stalling? As in, not wanting to get back home earlier than expected.
Avoiding? As in, dreading the work call coming up in an hour.
Using an app? There are apps that will show you other members in your immediate vicinity, their exact location, such as in the gas station, their photo/profile, their likes/dislikes, etc.
Running? As in, you think someone has been following you, and you are concerned.
Running an errand? Stopping to pick something up on the way home.
Texting? As in, texting someone, perhaps his partner, about some unknown thing.
Struggling? Diabetic shock, AFIB, or some such.
Yes...every single one of these is a possibility.

Reasons I like the “someone from the gym” scenario:

This motive makes lots of sense – other posters here have suggested that the perp is someone who knew Alan at least casually and had an obsession or grudge. That rings true.

Opportunity.

Easily fits in Alan’s schedule without stretching the timeline to include extra morning appointments.

Somewhat neutral comment: if it’s someone from the gym, they’re probably on LE’s radar. If they entered the gym, they’re probably on security cameras and perhaps some kind of sign-in register. The gym likely has their identification information.

Reasons I dislike this scenario: that transportation issue. Nobody was on the RT video with Alan, so this gym perp had to follow Alan, or know where Alan was headed, or I guess could have stowed away in Alan’s vehicle. Then, they had to maneuver themselves, Alan and Alan’s vehicle to the crime site. Then they had to leave the scene and perhaps retrieve their own vehicle. So did they have help? If so, why is the accomplice still silent? Why would an accomplice help with a personal grudge/obsession of another?

All just my ramblings. Thanks for reading. Sending lots of encouragement to LE to get answers for Alan’s family!

Can we just get of the subject suicide - it was not in this case! ( MO) to many factors against it! It always angers me if murdered victims have to endure the stigma of being labeled suicide !!! Many cases I have seen where the investigation turned to self harm !
When in fact the person couldn’t have killed herself - lazy and sloppy investigation ! Oh’ let’s just called it self harm because we have no idea how it could have happen.
Folks think out of the box we might come up with a motive after 7 months?
All my thinking stuff!

The fact is, we don't know how he came to die. Nothing can actually be ruled out, other than what we feel to be true opinion wise. And I don't see anyone stigmatizing suicide here. In fact, people are being very open to say all kinds of people pass this way, even people that seem all together and ahead in life. This kind of discussion actually DE stigmatizes suicide. I have no seen anyone say this was definitely a suicide, rather that we do not know it's not...and it should not be ruled out based on his success and daily habits alone. I will agree that I feel the circumstances point somewhere else. However, the discussion has for the most part been against the myths and stigmas surrounding suicide.

The fact is, we don't know how he came to die. Nothing can actually be ruled out, other than what we feel to be true opinion wise. And I don't see anyone stigmatizing suicide here. In fact, people are being very open to say all kinds of people pass this way, even people that seem all together and ahead in life. This kind of discussion actually DE stigmatizes suicide. I have no seen anyone say this was definitely a suicide, rather that we do not know it's not...and it should not be ruled out based on his success and daily habits alone. I will agree that I feel the circumstances point somewhere else. However, the discussion has for the most part been against the myths and stigmas surrounding suicide.

Thank you for your post. One thing I have always appreciated about WS is our victim-friendly stance, even when speculating on difficult topics (e.g., self harm, DV, addiction, etc).

On this thread and elsewhere, I observe sleuthers respectfully considering the possibility of suicide, just as they consider other possibilities. Yet, as @blue22 points out, sleuthers are almost exclusively anti-stigma. It is evident in word choice (self-harm, “of” suicide vs. “by” suicide), it is evident in the examples sleuthers use to describe how suicidal ideation can effect people of all walks of life, and it is evident in the way sleuthers’ tone does not contain any shame or blame when discussing this possibility.

For me, self harm is not my prevailing theory for Alan’s death, but I really appreciate that we can speak about the possibility in a neutral, respectful manner just as we contemplate other theories.

Thank you for your post. One thing I have always appreciated about WS is our victim-friendly stance, even when speculating on difficult topics (e.g., self harm, DV, addiction, etc).

On this thread and elsewhere, I observe sleuthers respectfully considering the possibility of suicide, just as they consider other possibilities. Yet, as @blue22 points out, sleuthers are almost exclusively anti-stigma. It is evident in word choice (self-harm, “of” suicide vs. “by” suicide), it is evident in the examples sleuthers use to describe how suicidal ideation can effect people of all walks of life, and it is evident in the way sleuthers’ tone does not contain any shame or blame when discussing this possibility.

For me, self harm is not my prevailing theory for Alan’s death, but I really appreciate that we can speak about the possibility in a neutral, respectful manner just as we contemplate other theories.
I spoke in general about suicide not about
Allen individually - also keep in mind my opinion differs from the rest of the posters !
NO shame or blame was intended for any one!

Alan and Alan’s vehicle to the crime site. Then they had to leave the scene and perhaps retrieve their own vehicle. So did they have help? If so, why is the accomplice still silent? Why would an accomplice help with a personal grudge/obsession of another?

I think you have a good point in that accomplices (outside of spouses or other long term relationships) are harder to find regarding grudge based motives than for purely criminal motives. Other possible exceptions could be when both individuals feel wronged.

I think a lien had been placed against one of the flip homes. This may be an indicator of continuing financial problems regarding the flipping business. A flipper in my neighborhood told me that flipping in DFW is no longer easy for many reasons.

Perhaps there were ongoing financial disputes with a contractor and his partner? A partner who is also say, a relative may be more willing to follow the senior partner into criminal action.

DPD waiting for test results in Alan White case - Dallas Voice

[LE] said they’re also waiting on warrants. She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone.

This might seem like a minor thing, but the way this article was worded, it was unclear where AW's phone was. I had assumed they were querying or trying to get records to find out where it last pinged (this interpretation may have been influenced by a comment in the article; I mention it because it may have been confirmation bias on my part). However, in the reporting after AW was found, they're saying the phone was in the car?

Alan White’s body found - Dallas Voice

At the time, police said they were waiting for results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences. [...] In addition, White’s phone was found in the car and police were waiting on warrants from Apple to unlock the phone.

IMO, the phone being in the car makes foul play seem even less likely. Motive for foul play was already thin (no ransom, financial activity on cards/bank accounts). Now, I also don't believe in a scenario of self-harm. Given the facts that we know, he would have locked the keys in the car, left his phone there, and walked the mile or so? But this is just a strange, strange detail.
Could you provide a link for your “no ransom” comment? I don’t recall LE or msm or family making any comment on whether or not any ransom demand was received. If one had been received, I wouldn’t expect that information to have been made public. Tia

I think a lien had been placed against one of the flip homes. This may be an indicator of continuing financial problems. A flipper in my neighborhood told me that flipping in DFW is no longer easy for many reasons.

I do recall reading that the lien was removed on the 28th October 2020. I'll try and find a link/screenshot.

he was in the process of arranging a meeting or had already arranged one, was waiting around until a particular person/car drove past, or he was dreading the zoom call and he took matters into his own hands.

Though clearly possible, I dont think Alan committed suicide. Rather, I think he was victimized. A suicide or self harm narrative seems to be a stretch:

Upper income individual (money does not buy happiness, but it does buy stability and distractions) keeps his daily routine "to a t".

Though "flipping aint easy" all the time, he has alternative sources of income and can get out of the flipping business quickly if he wishes. Likewise, there is no evidence of difficulties at his tech job and no history of depression etc. Relationship seemed stable etc.

The individual then drives to an area that his unlikely to be familiar with (most suicides seek out the familiar). Parks his car (coincidently at a spot known to the police as a dumping ground for stolen cars) and then walks a mile to another spot that he is unlikely to be familiar with and commits suicide.

Though clearly possible, I dont think Alan committed suicide. Rather, I think he was victimized. A suicide or self harm narrative seems to be a stretch:

Upper income individual (money does not buy happiness, but it does buy stability and distractions) keeps his daily routine "to a t".

Though "flipping aint easy" all the time, he has alternative sources of income and can get out of the flipping business quickly if he wishes. Likewise, there is no evidence of difficulties at his tech job and no history of depression etc. Relationship seemed stable etc.

The individual then drives to an area that his unlikely to be familiar with (most suicides seek out the familiar). Parks his car (coincidently at a spot known to the police as a dumping ground for stolen cars) and then walks a mile to another spot that he is unlikely to be familiar with and commits suicide.
But yet the "positives" you cite can also be the stressors that put someone over the edge.
  • Money still doesn't mean someone isn't spending more than they make and could be deeply in debt.
  • A "perfect looking" relationship can put incredible pressure on one partner who feels like they can't live up to the other's standards (real or imagined).
  • The same mentality that drives someone to follow a strict daily schedule can also push them over the edge.
We don't know Alan or what evil he may have encountered or what personal demons he may have faced in his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme
Back